• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 295 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    We as a society shouldn’t be aspiring to weaponizing society, that just takes us further down a road none of us want to be on
    Agree 100%. I don't see any possible way that more guns and more armed people is the answer.

Im not sure many of you can grasp the amount of firearms that are in circulation. The cat is out of the bag.

Australia is the size of NYC. Comparing the two is fool's errand. New Zealand is even smaller.

Hundreds of thousands produced daily. I would look for alternative routes than the ol "Get rid of guns" schtick. It might do wonders for you ego, but it does little else.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

99% of my personal experience post SCOTUS Heller tells me that the myth that "an armed society is a polite society" is totally busted. Ya sure, some people definitely do walk away from a confrontation and don't escalate for fear of having to use the gun they are packing.. But, far more are more likely to get on your face and escalate, especially road rage when they know pulling a gun is an option when things start to go south over trivial bullshit..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Why?

Are we all cop and vet haters here too?
    No, but OTOH some of us are not retarded.
    [quote][//quote]

Im not sure many of you can grasp the amount of firearms that are in circulation. The cat is out of the bag.
    It's not just about the sheer number, though. It's about the types of guns allowed by private citizens, the capacity of magazines allowed, and where and how those guns can be utilized.

Australia is the size of NYC. Comparing the two is fool's errand. New Zealand is even smaller.
    Yup, it could never work because...it could never work. Because someone said so. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, including in this country (in NYC, for example--look what strict gun laws and enforcement and interdiction of guns from the stupid states accomplished here). Grow up, amirite Stainless?
    [quote][//quote]

Someone needs to tell these people they are fucking stupid.

https://news.yahoo.com/manatee-schoo...194554275.html

Verdecia isn’t there to get to know the kids, break up fights or do the typical community-policing that school resource officers typically do, said MSA Principal Bill Jones.Verdecia has one job: Stop an active shooter.
    Jones said if a shooter arrived at the campus, they would most likely be carrying a rifle, wearing body armor and looking to inflict as much carnage as quickly as possible. He said even though the Palmetto Police Department will respond, he needs someone on scene who can return force with force.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    (in NYC, for example--look what strict gun laws and enforcement and interdiction of guns from the stupid states accomplished here)?
    Good point.

A suspect in the fatal shooting of a Goldman Sachs employee in what police say was an unprovoked attack on a New York City subway train was in custody Tuesday.
    https://news.yahoo.com/suspect-fatal...175634192.html

If only there was something we could do...

Hundreds of thousands produced daily. I would look for alternative routes than the ol "Get rid of guns" schtick. It might do wonders for you ego, but it does little else.
    It’s called a “goal”

We need goals to keep us focused on what is important and why

So that we don’t get lost in the forest looking at trees

It’s not ego
    Smart societies use strategic AND tactical thinking, not one or the other

Bobby stupid is bad with numbers and unable to grasp that there’s a lot of people that don’t own any guns and don’t want to.

This, and all the other bullshit distraction attempts about mental health being a priority, blah blah. Bottom line, as always, is a complete shift in gun regulation (ultra-strict like other countries have--countries that never, ever have these problems) will fix all of this. The rest is just bullshit the gun people have used to distract from what needs to be done--getting rid of most of these guns. Get rid of the guns and you get rid of the problem. It really is that simple, as other countries have shown us. There's nothing so special about us that would make us the exception. Who gives a fuck what 18th century slave owners wrote down (putting aside the misreading of the amendment, which is very clear that the 'right' only applies for the purposes of maintaining a military).

Sickening what people are willing to accept and advocate for.
    You're not going to be able to overturn the 2nd. If you want gun law reform, you're going to have to start thinking about what gun control you can support, that might actually help things, that you can also get the majority of gun owners to support as well.

So registries and de facto registries are off the table you don't get the support for that.

You're going to have to abandon your favorite most emotionally gratifying ideas and embrace finding common ground with those you disagree with. This isn't a moral commandment its just a practical reality.

Demonizing gun owners and dismissing their values as insanity or selfishness are not going to get us anywhere. Making them feel scared of bans is just going to make them buy more guns and ammo. Keep butting your heads against a brick wall if you want, it won't lead to any sollutions but it at least creates a target to vent blame and anger on.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

wow, a murder in a city of ten million. this comes nowhere close to explaining how the murder rate in ny is 1/6 that of texas, and if chicago was a state it would be slotted between alabama and louisiana for firearm mortality per 100k.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Bobby stupid is bad with numbers and unable to grasp that there’s a lot of people that don’t own any guns and don’t want to.
    About half.

If only there was something we could do...

“Nothing can be done because I’m not willing to make a personal sacrifice”

“The problem is too big. Therefore, nothing can be done.”

“Trying is the first step towards failure”

“More cops to hem and haw for an hour over what to do while kids are being slaughtered”

I hope some of you aren't wasting all your time engaging with nitwits.

Please take some time to write your senators to pass HR8 and demand that further gun control bills be passed.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yup, it could never work because...it could never work. Because someone said so. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, including in this country (in NYC, for example--look what strict gun laws and enforcement and interdiction of guns from the stupid states accomplished here). Grow up, amirite Stainless?
    The biggest actual obstacle would be the massive amount of money $$$$$ the government would have to print to compensate all these ammosexuals for their personal arsenals. I suspect that the fact that they could no longer brag online and poste about the cool but now illegal gunz without getting a visit from the ATF. They/we could no longer take them to the range and play with them there.. Taking all the fun out of it might persuade most except the true anarchists to comply and find a different hobby.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    wow, a murder in a city of ten million. this comes nowhere close to explaining how the murder rate in ny is 1/6 that of texas, and if chicago was a state it would be slotted between alabama and louisiana for firearm mortality per 100k.
    Yeah. Subways in NYC are super safe these days. Just don't get pushed on the tracks or shot.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's not just about the sheer number, though. It's about the types of guns allowed by private citizens, the capacity of magazines allowed, and where and how those guns can be utilized.
    And the absolute impossibility of limiting those things retroactively.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Demonizing gun owners and dismissing their values as insanity or selfishness are not going to get us anywhere. Making them feel scared of bans is just going to make them buy more guns and ammo. Keep butting your heads against a brick wall if you want, it won't lead to any sollutions but it at least creates a target to vent blame and anger on.
    leroy you and Bobby stupid prove his point. As a gun owner, I look at you assholes and see the problem

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Sure, yea, anti gun types aren't willing to sacrifice their ire, blame, and hatred for gun owners, nor their smug attachment to being right, and thier insistence the world can be some sort of perfect place, and are therefore incapable of pursuing any actually possible solutions. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    And the absolute impossibility of limiting those things retroactively.
    Weren’t you bitching about auto seers pages ago? Is or isn’t it impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    leroy you and Bobby stupid prove his point. As a gun owner, I look at you assholes and see the problem
    Your hate might provide you with some dopamine but it won't create any solutions .

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    I already asked what assault rifle owners could do and the answer was destroy them....

That wont happen as they are valuable. There are no buy backs in place and selling to another private owner literally does nothing.

So... What exactly is the personal sacrifice you speak of?

Yeah. Subways in NYC are super safe these days. Just don't get pushed on the tracks or shot.
    Cool that you’ve pivoted back to “I’m an obfuscating bullshiter”

About half.
    bzzzt, wrong again Bobby stupid. 32% of individuals, 44% of households. Freaks like you and Leroy are a minority