• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Obviously I’m not going to quote the verbal diarrhea guy, but the NRA talking point of a nation of gravy seals fighting tyranny is addressed here: https://www.theatlantic.com/national...t-ever/272734/

^ also points out that the most effective Soviet genocidal technique was starvation.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Everyone do themselves a favor and put Leroy on mute. His straw man troll garbage nonsense is a waste of bandwidth and light.

My thoughts are directed to everyone with children who are powerless to prevent their deaths in this backwards nation.

Those in power to do something but do nothing are soulless and empty fkn suits. My prayer is that McConnell and his merry band of obstructionists receive their due in this life or whatever lies beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Millions dead in ethnic cleansings of unarmed populations speak for themselves. You'd be aware of this if you could admit there is any valididty to opposing viewpoints.

People who cannot see any validity in opposing viewpoints are their own problem. No no no, no one can disagree with me without me saying they're crazy or stupid or brainwashed etc.
    Get the fuck out of here with the "whataboutism". The presence of other terrible acts does not mean we can't fix or seek to address other, less terrible acts. Your stance is "terrible things have happened in history, therefore nothing matters."

You have yet to offer anything of value to the conversation from a counterposition standpoint - whether it's data, meaningful points or otherwise. I'm happy to engage in debate when it's done in good faith. You're just throwing shit at the wall to try to distract from talking about firearms. At no point did I declare your points wholly invalid, I stated my position that there was no reason for firearms beyond bolt action from a "tool usage" standpoint. If you have meaningful counterpoints, fucking make them already.

We all want to go about our business/lives without worry of lethal force randomly erasing loved ones, or having to go thru metal detectors to go to school, the airport, sporting events, etc.

I am baffled that there is any more to any argument than that.

What freedom is there putting our kids in cages? So that a minority can polish their toys?

The freedoms we are losing are BECAUSE of the profligate gun access & the entirely predictable outcomes we are experiencing.

The 2nd amendment as currently abused is shameful.

The gun community is all responsible for this shit — it is deplorable. The few that speak up are unfortunately drowned out by the selfish majority for whom guns are a fucking hobby lifestyle.

Someone upthread wanted to get a gun to shoot targets — maybe you can do without for the sake of not contributing to the culture of lethal negligence? Surely there is some other pastime that could substitute? How tone deaf are you?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is the original post I was responding to:

And I don't agree with it. Sure, lock the doors and restrict access, but I'm not onboard with making security at schools on par with The Pentagon or prisons. And my overall point is this is simply a band aid that does not address the root problem. We need a solution on par with what Australia has done to really address the problem. I'm nearly certain that will never happen and that's sad to me.
    Schools, grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants. Instead of masks we need to put a police force in everywhere, so we don't lose our basic rights. Doesn't sound fascist at all.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

My 19 year old still can't drink a beer legally with me unless we go out of the country. Jack booted thugs will come for him if he does.

My 12 year old daughter might soon not have access to healthcare that will help her plan pregnancies and her life. Jack booted thugs might come for her if she does.

Freedumb.

Daughter sent off today to a good public school that the governor is working hard everyday to squeeze and defund while she sends thoughts and prayers to Texas.

But my 19 yo, working hard to make some sense out of life after a confusing covid space launch from high school, so he can get the fuck out of shithole Iowa, could still put it all on hold for freedumb and go buy an assault rifle or three tomorrow and nobody bats an eye.

Priorities I guess.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    culture of lethal negligence
    This phrase carries weight.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Gonna need a cite on those stats.
    There are 350 million guns in the US currently. 6-10 million are "assault rifles". About 3% of all guns. So you would see a 3% drop in the amount of guns in the US. All while creating an extremely lucrative black market.

Rifles are used in about 1% of all gun violence incidents. So you might see a 1% drop in overall gun violence.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I haven't read this thread... is it "if only there was something we could do about Leroy?"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leroyposted.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	417361

gun deaths are the leading cause of death of children in the United States.

Think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    gun deaths are the leading cause of death of children in the United States.

Think about it...
    Motor vehicle crashes. Mainly caused by cell phones.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

+ all personal semi auto firearms

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    We can't fix morality, depraved minds, and attention seekers by passing laws.
    Maybe not, but we can look at making firearms much less available to them, especially semi-auto ones.

I am so fucking tired of the “we can’t do this, we can’t do that” from people that don’t offer any solutions. They can go fuck themselves.

Edit: Like what schuss said.
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    You can fix the level of force multiplication they have access to.
    Or:
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, because mass gun shootings happen all the time in schools all over the world. Can't be fixed. No solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Bobby’s gonna open a gun shop now. He loves to sell adolescent mortality.

Has the 1994 assault weapon ban expiration in 2004 been mentioned yet? We have the same argument over and over which is just so sad.

Name:	Image1653493595.060845.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	417364

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    lol

we all have our opinions

bobby is a good guy

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    You have to be 18 to buy a gun legally... So... That would be an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Has the 1994 assault weapon ban expiration in 2004 been mentioned yet? We have the same argument over and over which is just so sad.

yes indeed

remington is getting put out of business because it was proved they marketed assault weapons to teens

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    You have to be 18 to buy a gun legally... So... That would be an adult.
    reading comprehension.

You and leroy should be kicked in your cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

That says that 309 deaths occurred due to mass shootings between 2005 and 2017 (out of ~34 million all cause deaths) and would like to correlate that to the end of the AWB? While any death is a tragedy, that is a rather small number... just Chicago sees over 3x that number PER YEAR.

Handguns are THE weapon of choice in gun violence by a huge margin.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

reading comprehension.

Form an orderly queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    That says that 309 deaths occurred due to mass shootings between 2005 and 2017 (out of ~34 million all cause deaths) and would like to correlate that to the end of the AWB? While any death is a tragedy, that is a rather small number... just Chicago sees over 3x that number PER YEAR.

Handguns are THE weapon of choice in gun violence by a huge margin.
    Chicago is not even related to mass shootings of little kids in school, or people in movie theatre, or a grocery store.

That's bs turf war bullshit that is a completely different issue.

^yep

gun issue - urban vs rural

assassinating children is horrific and needs to be stopped and can be reduced using AI tools pointed at social media

reading comprehension.

Perhaps you don't know what an adolescent is?

Chicago is not even related to mass shootings of little kids in school, or people in movie theatre, or a grocery store.

That's bs turf war bullshit that is a completely different issue.
    Yep. Mass shootings make up the ultimate fringe of gun violence. That's why banning assault rifles will likely do very little as far as gun deaths are concerned

The only answer most of you have is "ban assault rifles". That's an agenda, not a solution. That hasn't worked nor will it.