Page 786 of 929 FirstFirst ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... LastLast
Results 19,626 to 19,650 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    doesn’t matter he’s just going to delete it anyway
    hes not just deleting them.

Go on…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    garbage regardless
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

806k new cases today with almost 2k deaths.
    111k just for CA.
    JFC

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    The short time frame seems strange considering natural immunity is widely reported to be more robust than vax especially longer term (4-6 months+)
    I've seen plenty of studies linked here that have come to the opposite conclusion, but none that support your assertion above.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    The NCAA updated guidance to consider athletes as "fully vaxxed" within 90 days of an infection. The short time frame seems strange considering natural immunity is widely reported to be more robust than vax especially longer term (4-6 months+), but it's encouraging that some common sense is starting to show up in policy at a national organization.
    Just ban this fucker and get it over with please.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Vibes sent for SFB’s old man.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    thanks they needed to go in thru the ribs and add a few units of blood keep him overnight and do some blood/lab work today
    But the doc thinks he got a good plug/seal and this one will last longer than the 4 months the last repair lasted
    hopefully we can git em home today
    the kids at work tell me maybe i aint gots the covid cause the american spirit and diggty dab lungs are coated and theres a study sayin smot pokers
    are safer
    well yeah
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Andy of Mayberry dealt with these anti-vaxx bumpkins back in 1962

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So what did he end up doing to Rave Hollister? Just shoot him in the face?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Read the SCOTUS writeup. Its more about the constitutionality of the executive branch using OSHA to do congress's dirty work....

The Medical Industry mandate is tied to federal funding. If Medical facility refused to accept Medicare/Medicaid I suppose the mandate wouldn't apply to them...
    Congress did the dirty work--it created OSHA. The reason that we have regulatory agencies is because even in the best of times (whenever they were) Congress doesn't have the expertise or the time to write laws that deal with every aspect of a regulated industry, let alone rewrite the laws as new information becomes available, and still less ability to foresee contingencies, like Covid.

This is a decision that has huge implications far beyond Covid. There is a movement on the right, largely bankrolled by corporations, which isn't much talked about --a movement to basically dismantle the federal regulatory apparatus and require Congress to specifically enact every detailed regulation. How many ppm of a carcinogen in your water, what pesticides can be used and what precautions have to be taken to use them. How much reserve a bank has to have. What information has to be disclosed to potential stock buyers. All of this would require legislation.

The current regulatory apparatus, where Congress creates agencies and tasks them with writing rules to carry out certain ends--like protecting workers--has served us pretty well for many decades, flawed as it is. We take it for granted but we shouldn't. The reason the corporate right wants Congress to have to write the actual rules is obvious--it won't happen.

The vaccine mandate decision is the first one I've heard about carrying out this agenda. It won't be the last. If you are a fan of DDT and having to bail out banks to prevent financial catastrophe you should be happy. Otherwise you should be very scared.
    In this case you are both correct.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    In this case you are both correct.
    Not possible. : -- )

Just go to China and walk though a factory to see what not having an OSHA style branch of gov't gets you. Although it has gotten better there over the past 20 years.

I spent years dealing with OSHA and having to go through extensive OSHA training just so I could keep my staff safe. You would think it's common sense and good judgement, but there's a lot that goes into keeping someone from seriously injuring themselves or killing themselves on a job that involves heavy machinery, electrical equipment or hazardous chemicals. It sucks when one of your staff gets injured on the job. Forget about it if they end up dead.

The right wing majority SCOTUS wants to get back to a time when companies have no responsibilities, i.e. liability for the safety of their employees. Especially that POS Gorsuch. Workers to him are a necessary evil to the corporate overlords.

Oh well, it is what it is. Stay safe out there. The world is a dangerous place, and getting more so every day.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Especially that POS Gorsuch. Workers to him are a necessary evil to the corporate overlords.
    I certainly won’t defend the guy on most counts but I remember reading something during his confirmation he wrote about that controversial truck driver decision he made on his last seat, which actually made a lot of sense to me.

Basically it said that he often ruled in favor of corporations instead of the individuals they hurt because our laws are written so they’re more likely to protect industry than individuals. And if he ruled otherwise he’d be legislating from the bench, even if it felt like the “right” thing to do. Basically if we want to fix these problems we need to vote in people that will write better laws to protect individuals and remove power from corporations.

I haven’t read all of his decisions so I dont know if that interview/decision was full of shit or not, but that logic actually made a lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    CVS had some available on line as of yesterday--a newly FDA approved test
    When I went looking at CVS they said come back midday Wednesday (yesterday). I did, and the check out clerk was selling them out of a box at the register.
    When I went in to Rite Aid they said come back Monday--so Truckee folks might try that. And maybe asking the pharmacy when they expect their next shipment will work other places.
    Of course Truckee is an corner part of the universe. YMMV

I feel sorry for the folks in pharmacies--the phones must be ringing off the hook with people asking about rapid tests.
    It's just as bad or worse in west county. It's broadly advertised when the different pharmacies receive their weekly shipment of rapid tests. In my mind, the trickiest part is that currently somebody can be contagious with omicron for several days before having a positive test on an antigen test (and somebody can be contagious for more than a day before testing positive on a pcr test with nasal swab as the method of sample collection). so people rushing to get a rapid test because they are feeling bad and then testing negative may still be sick and contagious,

with locally available PCR tests, I just looked: the first available county testing center appt in west county isn't until 1/18 (you can go to truckee today to get tested at their county center).

My bad. Content deleted. I thought it was relevant. It wasn't.
    Last edited by riser3; 01-14-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

If that isn't enough to move this shit to pollyass, I don't know what is.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

You do get that we can just delete a post instead of moving the thread right?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If that isn't enough to move this shit to pollyass, I don't know what is.
    We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Many people would be very upset if this thread was moved; people would be pissed that a few people who can't help themselves could lead to a very important and useful thread being moved to the cesspool. So unless that viewpoint changes, it's not moving.

So what we ask of people -- it's not all that fucking hard -- is to avoid posting blatantly political shit (riser, that's a pretty obvious example; if you want to post shit like that, go to poliass). But we also ask people to understand that sometimes politics bleeds in because it just does.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

Thanks Mods - can’t be easy or fun but it’s appreciated

The fact that some maggots feel a thread on vaccination is inherently POLITICAL is fucking bananas. Just because a topic has been heavily politicized doesn’t make it political.

Anyways, I’ll say it again: tons of good info in this thread. It’d be a shame to make it go away because some people can’t resist posting pictures of the POTUS and other people are so deeply offended by them they demand the entire thread be shunted into the corner.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    so people rushing to get a rapid test because they are feeling bad and then testing negative may still be sick and contagious.
    I tested negative on Monday afternoon, felt fine on Tuesday afternoon, then tested positive on Wednesday morning (and again this afternoon, just for sport). These were all with rapid antigen tests, which I am glad we had sitting in the cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Many people would be very upset if this thread was moved; people would be pissed that a few people who can't help themselves could lead to a very important and useful thread being moved to the cesspool. So unless that viewpoint changes, it's not moving.

So what we ask of people -- it's not all that fucking hard -- is to avoid posting blatantly political shit (riser, that's a pretty obvious example; if you want to post shit like that, go to poliass). But we also ask people to understand that sometimes politics bleeds in because it just does.

Thank you.
    agreed, mostly -
    I definitely hope the thread can be preserved, even if at times posting to these threads might be suspended ;

There do appear to be a couple of posters who seem intent on forcing a decision regarding these threads ; alternatively, I would ask that they be dealt with individually.

also fellow posters, these forums are a service from TGR ;
    we are here through the Company's generosity and grace -
    abuse it, and we may lose the forums.

my thanks to TGR. skiJ

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...elta-peak.html

Portland area hospitals are slammed with patients testing positive for coronavirus, reaching numbers fast-approaching the peak of the delta wave.
    But even as the surge puts unprecedented strain on the hospital system, it appears those hospitalizations are, for the most part, for less severe cases than before.

“I think it is fair to say that this is the most stress we have seen on our system since the beginning months of the pandemic,” Dr. Kevin Olson, chief executive of clinical programs for Providence Health & Services in Oregon, said in a statement.
    On Thursday, 393 people who tested positive for coronavirus were hospitalized in the region that stretches from Clackamas County to the coast, just 44 short of the peak hospitalizations Sept. 8. There’s no sign that hospitalizations are going down, and the region could easily meet, or even exceed, the previous peak.

[skip]

“We are seeing fewer patients in need of critical care,” Olson said. “Hospitalized patients are less sick than those in the delta wave.”
    But those numbers tell only part of the story, as hospitals struggle to find and keep workers.
    “We are in an extreme staffing shortage,” Olson said.

Gov. Kate Brown said this week she will deploy 1,200 National Guard troops to 50 hospitals statewide to help make up for the shortage in workers.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    “220,000 Americans dead,” he said during the Oct. 22 debate. “You hear nothing else I say tonight, hear this. Anyone who … is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America.”

-- Joe Biden

Lets see if the Mod's remain fair...or if it depends on WHO is offended....

Responsible.