Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Why do mentally challenged people from vermont get to use the internet?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Your material is as dusty as your alias

This definitely seems like a job for La Rog. I’m going to have to look him up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    How many times should I quote myself?

Josh.. please stop.

This isn't helping anything. If you quit, everyone else will too.

You have said you don't like internet drama.

Avoid it and don't read or respond.

Please. Trust me, it will help.

I know you are a good skier. Rip some smuggs/stowe notch lines and post some stoke. Stop arguing. It isn't going anywhere, and it's OK if some people you don't know think you're wrong.

FWIW I spent 4+ years at Johnson State with smuggs passes for the first two and Steaux for the third before I moved up to Jay, so this is terrain I'm very familiar with.

It's OK. Let it go.
    Seriously,

All I ever said was that I don't find a dropper post particularly useful for ME riding where and how I ride.

Now I'm speeding through southern VT, drunk as shit, hoping that money pic shows up so we're not risking my license (and innocent travelers lives) for nothing.
    Price we pay to be right I guess. Hammer down!!!

Sorry, it’s difficult to keep up. Has a date been set for the wine and float challenge with Bob?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Sorry, it’s difficult to keep up. Has a date been set for the wine and float challenge with Bob?
    I'm just waiting on the onion ring bracket. I have faith Bob will smoke any challengers on that.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Am I on the inside? Fuckin’ Fed Chair my man!

Wait, what’s proper protocol here? Am I not supposed to dox myself for free? Is it better form to wait for Bushwacka to offer $1k to a forum member to dox me so I can help a Mag out?
    I would dox your for only $800, Madam Vice Pres… er… I mean J. Barron DeJong.

What kind of idiot keeps all of their "literal" millions in crypto? Don't get me wrong, I have plenty in my coin base pro account, but that's just ridiculous. I may not have "eff you" money (1 million is *not* eff you money), but I could still walk down to the bank and "with drew" $10k in cash in a matter of minutes. So this is twice now where the challenge has been accepted and proof of $$ request has been denied as an excuse to back out.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What kind of idiot keeps all of their "literal" millions in crypto?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Last edited by Bushwacka; 10-14-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    The entire point... was.... to make it so your financial situation was your business and yours alone.
    How does that fit into bragging about your claimed wealth on a public forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Last edited by Bushwacka; 10-14-2021 at 12:18 PM.

I’m going to be serious here for a second:

You’ve posted your real identity, and are basically admitting that you’re using crypto for tax avoidance. That seems…not good.

Also, you’ve made a bunch of money investing in assets that have mostly been rising at astronomical rates. Basically everyone who got into crypto and stayed in has made some money as the market has inflated, so trading prowess hasn’t really been required to make money (or maybe more importantly, avoid losing money). Maybe making some well timed trades could increase returns, but even guys who make bad trades in that type of market can still be earning and think they’re financial wizards. But there’s huge risk being invested in an asset that has rapidly inflated (8000% in a year in one case I think you posted). Just consider that it’s possible for a market like that to crash and you can very quickly be wiped out. I’m sure there are plenty of people who were invested in synthetic CDO’s prior to the Great Recession who can tell you what that’s like.

Also, having something that’s as unstable as crypto is really sucks to be used as ‘money’.

FYI, I’m not a trader, so feel free to ignore the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I’m going to be serious here for a second:

You’ve posted your real identity, and are basically admitting that you’re using crypto for tax avoidance. That seems…not good.

Also, you’ve made a bunch of money investing in assets that have mostly been rising at astronomical rates. Basically everyone who got into crypto and stayed in has made some money as the market has inflated, so trading prowess hasn’t really been required to make money (or maybe more importantly, avoid losing money). Maybe making some well timed trades could increase returns, but even guys who make bad trades in that type of market can still be earning and think they’re financial wizards. But there’s huge risk being invested in an asset that has rapidly inflated (8000% in a year in one case I think you posted). Just consider that it’s possible for a market like that to crash and you can very quickly be wiped out. I’m sure there are plenty of people who were invested in synthetic CDO’s prior to the Great Recession who can tell you what that’s like.

Also, having something that’s as unstable as crypto is really sucks to be used as ‘money’.

FYI, I’m not a trader, so feel free to ignore the advice.
    I never said I was invested in any of that, I just said this was the rate of return in the past year. I may or not have positions or traded those in the past year.

Also you pretty much nailed the reason I will not post screen shots of anything.

You also are misunderstanding what I actually do. I never hold any asset for more than a day or two the past couple years, and when its not being traded its being held in a stable coin. My biggest reason to claim profit and go though my bank is to go between my stock broker or compushare because their is not way I can fund those accounts with an ACH visa card yet......

I agree with you that it is a bubble, in fact I love downside trading more than these big booms, but honestly I feel that BTc will hit 100k in the next year and it will most likely do it in a huge economic down turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I never said I was invested in any of that, I just said this was the rate of return in the past year. I may or not have positions or traded those in the past year.

Also you pretty much nailed the reason I will not post screen shots of anything.

You also are misunderstanding what I actually do. I never hold any asset for more than a day or two the past couple years, and when its not being traded its being held in a stable coin. My biggest reason to claim profit and go though my bank is to go between my stock broker or compushare because their is not way I can fund those accounts with an ACH visa card yet......

I agree with you that it is a bubble, in fact I love downside trading more than these big booms, but honestly I feel that BTc will hit 100k in the next year and it will most likely do it in a huge economic down turn.
    Great! Glad to hear you’ve got it all figured out!

(Moved from serious back to sarcastic by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I'm just waiting on the onion ring bracket. I have faith Bob will smoke any challengers on that.
    I'm slightly offended by this and am looking forward to showcasing my talents.

Need clarification, would the seatposts on these bikes be considered to be raised or lowered for the subject wager:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCArchiv...12049055993856

Also, apologies to all for bringing this back to life. Sorry, not sorry

Classic

We all know (most of us anyway) that ebikes have better bump absorbtion, thanks to the higher sprung to unsprung mass ratio, keeping that in mind I just had a "crazy" idea, would it make sense to add let's say 3 kilos to the down tube of my frame for bike park laps, as in riding where I don't care about weight at all? Would that make enough of a difference?
    https://www.mtbr.com/threads/adding-...-laps.1198169/

Ah yes “it is known”

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    What the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Ah yes “it is known”
    I don’t want to appear to be taking the dumb side in this debate, but it is ‘known’ that suspension systems can control wheel movement/limit body movement better when the unsprung-to-sprung mass ratio is low. That why you see things like carbon brake rotors in F1 racing.

What you don’t see though is F1 teams intentionally adding unsprung weight to make their cars handle better. Things become even more complicated when the rider makes up a huge percent of the unsprung weight, but kind of have their own springs as well (arms/legs).

And that’s all I’m going to be saying about that….

Orange had a prototype bike that had removable weights near the bottom bracket. And a whole bunch of different world cup dh guys have experimented with adding weights to their bike for certain tracks. Here's a link where Jack Reading is doing that: https://m.pinkbike.com/news/tech-ran...-cup-2017.html

Not saying it's a good idea, but it's certainly not unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Orange had a prototype bike that had removable weights near the bottom bracket. And a whole bunch of different world cup dh guys have experimented with adding weights to their bike for certain tracks. Here's a link where Jack Reading is doing that: https://m.pinkbike.com/news/tech-ran...-cup-2017.html

Not saying it's a good idea, but it's certainly not unheard of.
    Yeah, it feels like it's one of the following situations:
    Can it make a difference? Yes.
    Is the average person knowledgeable enough to do it right? No.

My “what the actual fuck” comment had to do with relative rider weight vs bike weight.

So…

What the actual fuck?