Page 598 of 729 FirstFirst ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... LastLast
Results 14,926 to 14,950 of 18218
    Highest IPO money ever raised in 2021. There's no shortage of stock. Buybacks are back but issuance far exceeds the amount of buybacks these days.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Agreed, what else do you think is primed to bounce back? How about airlines?
    I suspect the current bleeding is only a scratch... the gaping wound(s) are yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    DocuSign. Who knew? Didn't see that one taking down the market.
    50x sales? You think thats normal?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I suspect the current bleeding is only a scratch... the gaping wound(s) are yet to come.
    Well, I've had a stupidly high % in cash for a stupidly long time, so I'm ready for that...I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    50x sales? You think thats normal?
    I initiated a position in Docusign today. Invested < 10% of my cash today.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Blood in the streets means it's time to buy. Picked up 100 shares of ACCD @ $24/share. Hope to flip those in a few months and double my money.
    I’m thinking the same thing. By years end it’s all going to be back to the high marks. Right? I am cash challenged. But have 10 grand I can invest. I’m going in. Now.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

When the Russians invade Ukraine is when the market will really crater.

Why? War is money.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Why? War is money.
    You're not wrong, but the markets psychology will be seriously rattled. Smart money will be long gone and the trillions the undisciplined retail investors have sunk into the market will be worth 40-50% of their initial investment so they will sell as it bottoms out. If a ground war broke out in Ukraine we could then see China, NK, and Iran testing the West's resolve putting even more pressure on the market.

Money seeks yield, especially in a zero interest world. Where will it go, those trillions upon trillions you speak of? To the safest highest return. Equities. Maybe not retail and consumers, but certainly the war profiting sectors.

We just had a much bigger scare in 2020. The entire world economy shutting down? How'd that work out? A blip. I made 21% this year in passive funds. Or, now fading into memory, '08. The market is up over 300% since March of '09.

Kinda silly to think of a sustained major war these days, because we'll all die, pretty much, but it helps to scare traders every now and then.

The thing about smart money is they know when to exit and when to re-buy. I have no such skills so I buy and hold, and add on the dips. And speaking of choosing sectors that will profit and no doubt they'll be some, yet again I'm in index funds so some stocks will do poorly and some will do well. I will get my balls pounded flat on my disworsification into non-US equities however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The thing about smart money is they know when to exit and when to re-buy. I have no such skills so I buy and hold, and add on the dips. And speaking of choosing sectors that will profit and no doubt they'll be some, yet again I'm in index funds so some stocks will do poorly and some will do well. I will get my balls pounded flat on my disworsification into non-US equities however.
    Nobody knows when to exit and when to re-buy. Nobody. Unless they are breaking the law. Or in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Nobody knows when to exit and when to re-buy. Nobody. Unless they are breaking the law. Or in Congress.
    Wasn't it Balzac that said “behind every great fortune is an equally great crime” (only in French)?

Should be inscribed on a gate over the entry to the Vatican grounds like the Auschwitz "Work Will Set You Free" greeting.

I had my weekend buy go through first thing this morning

20 shares ndaq. Filled @ 200.70. Per

Not much but in the game. I think a very safe place to put extra money “savings”
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Does anybody here invest in Angellist syndicates?

If so, any thoughts to share? Quality of startup opportunities, how hard to get accredited by Angellist, professionalism of syndicate managers, etc?

Thanks

Given the massive return on bikes and bike parts over the last 20 months I’ve decided to liquidate my 401k and buy more bikes.

^^^^ "It has filed no financial statements, it has disclosed nothing about its business, it has no product, it is a completely imaginary company."

If they pull this off and only low level players go to prison, Donny really is the greatest grifter of all time. I'm amazed the MAGA crowd has enough cash to drive the price up, I suppose the institutional investors are mostly responsible and will somehow get out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    ^^^^ "It has filed no financial statements, it has disclosed nothing about its business, it has no product, it is a completely imaginary company."

If they pull this off and only low level players go to prison, Donny really is the greatest grifter of all time. I'm amazed the MAGA crowd has enough cash to drive the price up, I suppose the institutional investors are mostly responsible and will somehow get out in time.
    It’s not exactly a trump specific phenomenon so much as a SPAC one, but it is a perfect storm of shit and idiocy. I have to think the backers will get sued into the dirt before this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Does anybody here invest in Angellist syndicates?

If so, any thoughts to share? Quality of startup opportunities, how hard to get accredited by Angellist, professionalism of syndicate managers, etc?

Thanks
    I don't have any experience there, but having dealt with our venture guys quite a bit, I'd vet the shit out of the managers and get a sense for their philosophy and track record. A lot of dumb money floating out there in VC and managers making money getting absolute horseshit funded.

That Bloomberg opinion piece on TMTG is laugh-out-loud-in-the-airport hilarious. Truly, if there's a ranking of con men, 'ol Donnie must be on top.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

When I get around to it I should probably give Stalefish some props over in the BTC thread. Compared to BTC and Crypto which I find a bit opaque and am too lazy to research, this shit is right there, in your face dirty.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    It’s not exactly a trump specific phenomenon so much as a SPAC one, but it is a perfect storm of shit and idiocy. I have to think the backers will get sued into the dirt before this is done.
    A much more pessimistic take would be that the tech is not the challenge. So this would-be company breaks the growth model of "crossing the chasm" by having an instant market of trusting, enthusiastic customers with enough money to spend and a level of brand loyalty not seen since 1945.

Pitching vaporware isn't new. The fact that, with money to hire some coders, they could live out Zuckerberg's wet dream for initial growth, might be legitimately unique. If Trump isn't sunk by something else first (and probably even if he was) they can easily create the greatest echo chamber in history and monetize those users to death. This could be the worst financial crime ever perpetrated and still be bigger than Tesla in 2 years.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."