Page 597 of 729 FirstFirst ... 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,925 of 18218
    Bob, thanks for your insights. Good reading there!

Any takes on the AI/Electrification front, say Palantir, UiPath, Standard Lithium, Stem etc? Generally just to have some interesting companies to follow on that side of the pond, to see how certain trends/industries take shape and compare to companies on the old continent,,.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

I think weed stocks are a good investment as well, although they currently aren’t “US” stocks. I like Cresco Labs (CRLBF). They are a multi state operator that has been busy in acquisitions to grow their footprint. I think they will show some share growth once congress passes legislation to legalize the financial aspect of it. Lately even some Republicans seem agreeable to the idea and have introduced bills to move it forward. Cresco is trading pretty cheap right now at $8.82, 10 days ago Cantor Fitzgerald called it a “top pick” in the sector and raised it’s price target to $19.

What's the thought, if any, on hemp stocks? Will hemp take over many of the products currently made with less sustainable materials? Hemp has always seemed like the answer to a greener future. Granted it's farming and I don't know if that is a good investment.

Never really looked into a pure hemp play. A little bit of googling shows only a few pure plays and a lot of overlap.

Saw the South Africa strain chatter on Twitter last night. Put in call selling orders on some of my energy, yeah, that shit blew down past my limits pre-market. Woke up to headlines and being down over 4%.

Didi delisting - hold Feb options or dump now?

Privatization at IPO price would be great. Discounted offering on HK exchange would be less so.

Getting out of my LVS before the inevitable travel stock Omicron crash.

Probably will fold it into my LCID and QS. I’m long on both with low cost basis and I think they’ve got plenty of room to run.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    What's the thought, if any, on hemp stocks? Will hemp take over many of the products currently made with less sustainable materials? Hemp has always seemed like the answer to a greener future. Granted it's farming and I don't know if that is a good investment.

Here's a few thoughts from someone w a vague idea of the hemp situation. Farmers want to grow it but there are few processors. But like every other type of farmer they will keep planting until they drive the price to as close to zero as possible. So owning a processing facility or a factory that turns the processed hemp into a salable product is prob a better long term bet. These facilities should be in locations where the effects of global warming and perhaps limited water won't interfere w yield/acre or the viability of the crop in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Getting out of my LVS before the inevitable travel stock Omicron crash.

Probably will fold it into my LCID and QS. I’m long on both with low cost basis and I think they’ve got plenty of room to run.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/28/stoc...lose-news.html

The market seems to shrugging off Omicron, oil prices are back up as well.

S&P 500 just broke through 50 day MA.

I’m still betting on nasdaq. Going up over time. Weird watching big losses and gains day to day on not much of an investment.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I’m still betting on nasdaq. Going up over time. Weird watching big losses and gains day to day on not much of an investment.
    That worked in 2001 when we were still young and handsome.

I wouldn’t want to be buying into this mkt if I needed the cash in the next 10 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Interesting link thanks for sharing. "More than 40% of all companies that were ever in the Russell 3000 Index experienced a “catastrophic stock price loss”, which we define as a 70% decline in price from peak levels which is not recovered"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I’m much more of a nose picker than a stock picker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    That worked in 2001 when we were still young and handsome.

I wouldn’t want to be buying into this mkt if I needed the cash in the next 10 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Interesting take. The bank says my investments increased 42%. This past year. I can afford to lose a few bucks. I think I’m gonna buy another 6k. In the next couple days. Long term investment
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

DocuSign. Who knew? Didn't see that one taking down the market.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    There will be a series of executions in these fast growth names in the months ahead. The Arkk names. The arkk chart is a disaster.and if lucky it will stop at 80. 50 looks more likely considering the momentum.

TSLA is at risk creating an island top. There’s a huge gap down to $900 which is nothing in the bigger picture for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    At least in China it's a real company building shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    There will be a series of executions in these fast growth names in the months ahead. The Arkk names. The arkk chart is a disaster.and if lucky it will stop at 80. 50 looks more likely considering the momentum.
    I still don't understand the ARKKs. Many of them hold the same names. Talk about concentrated yolo risks

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I still don't understand the ARKKs. Many of them hold the same names. Talk about concentrated yolo risks
    I look through the holdings and while they are all good companies i can’t see why any of them are not vulnerable to another 50% down. Making that big investment in Twitter? Why? They haven’t proven they can grow earnings as expected.

Blood in the streets means it's time to buy. Picked up 100 shares of ACCD @ $24/share. Hope to flip those in a few months and double my money.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Blood in the streets means it's time to buy. Picked up 100 shares of ACCD @ $24/share. Hope to flip those in a few months and double my money.
    Agreed, what else do you think is primed to bounce back? How about airlines?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Agreed, what else do you think is primed to bounce back? How about airlines?
    PRPL has taken quite a dive. Good product with supply chain issues which surely will get solved at some point. No idea if this is really the bottom, though.

"The $1 trillion that has flowed to global stocks in 2021 is bigger than the last 20 years combined. Strategists at JPMorgan also recently commented on the rush into stocks, noting that the flows have been driven by retail investors."