Page 473 of 598 FirstFirst ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,825 of 14947

That pic made me laugh out loud.

Good news - if the new Jeff110 has hit retail already then there are bound to be some online too before long. And man, those five graphics are something else - this year is just bonkers imho.

Now we know that the left ski looks awesome when seen in a high res photo - thanks for posting the find!

I got a new postal scale today and thought I would test it by weighing some skis. After weighing a few, I realized that I had never weighed my 193 Standard Flex SuperGoats. They came it at 2,596 and 2,556 grams. I thought the collective would enjoy that little tid-bit of data.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Someone should buy these. Caylors eat west coast crud for breakfast. Still one of my favorite skis to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    If anyone is interested in these older Caylors, they look really mint. I might be able to facilitate and pick them up.

https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/ma...404528563.html

Anyone looking to unload a pair of Kartel/Jeffrey 116s? I’d be interested in what you got. Send me a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    I feel like your flip phone quality camera isn't doing those topsheets justice...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

My new Woodsman 102, 187cm showed up today. Stock topsheets and layup. No pics because they're being mounted. Ditching tele bindings this year for an alpine setup.

Daily driver for the last three seasons have been Kartel 108s. Going to remove the NTN bindings and mount with alpine. I definitely want to move the mount back a bit when I do. I never quite got comfortable with the Kartel's on-the-line mount, particularly in deeper snow.

Slowly building my ON3P quiver. Billy Goats are probably the next addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I feel like your flip phone quality camera isn't doing those topsheets justice...
    Not my pic, found it on NS. Wish it was HQ, but figured I should still share.

My custom 187cm BG118's fresh off the fedex truck today! So amped with how these came out!!

For side-by-side comparison, replacing my old 2010 S7's which are "188cm" LOL

Not gonna lie, I'm a little intimidated by how big these feel in person. They kinda tower over me at 5'10". I've def never had a ski this big, but I'm really excited about the flex pattern. Here's to hoping the RES delivers the way everyone says it does.

Let it snow!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6734.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	393335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6743.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	393336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6742.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	393337  

You'll absolutely love em. Great color combo!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    I've def never had a ski this big
    Like all things bigger than you're used to, it'll feel just right once you get used to it

For side-by-side comparison, replacing my old 2010 S7's which are "188cm" LOL

Not gonna lie, I'm a little intimidated by how big these feel in person. They kinda tower over me at 5'10". I've def never had a ski this big, but I'm really excited about the flex pattern. Here's to hoping the RES delivers the way everyone says it does.
    No need to feel intimidated - BGs ski great and are really loose and intuitive (especially at speed). Sizing up is the way to go too imho. The BG's longer turn radius, more gradual rocker zones with less (f still considerable) splay and more consistent flex pattern should be a huge - and I mean HUGE - improvement on the S7s. Congrats on making a solid choice!

In other news - I just looked at ON3P's website today. With the "launch" of the BG110 regular layup as a seperate ski (instead of as an option in the BG110tour page) and with the yet to be released Mango line - ON3P's lineup has no less than 23 models on offer (four of those are tour layup skis, no 50/50 offered as stock), all offered in multiple sizes. That is pretty damned impressive. I am glad I am not in charge of organizing and optimizing that production schedule
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 11-20-2021 at 04:52 AM.

i want to ditch my asyms for the new BG. no evidence why i want to, but i want

ON3P SKIS Discussion

@iggy
    Are soft goods getting re-stocked in time for Christmas?
    Seems like all the hoodies in size L are sold out…

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    i want to ditch my asyms for the new BG. no evidence why i want to, but i want
    Have you heard how the new version should ski compared to the asym?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asym BGs for cat skiing or breakdown and acquire new C&D or Protests?

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Asym BGs for cat skiing or breakdown and acquire new C&D or Protests?
    Depends on where you're cat skiing.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to take my BGs on just about any cat trip, but if it's a C&D day, it's a C&D day.

My custom 187cm BG118's fresh off the fedex truck today! So amped with how these came out!!

Let it snow!!!
    Those fuckin hawt, really dig that black n green!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I’ve just spent an hour+ combing through this thread and searching. I see quite a few of you have moved bindings back on the woodsman and other of their offerings. I usually move all mine forward on directional skis. Can anyone chime in on moving the clamps up +1 to +2?

pretty sure you will die.

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    I’ve just spent an hour+ combing through this thread and searching. I see quite a few of you have moved bindings back on the woodsman and other of their offerings. I usually move all mine forward on directional skis. Can anyone chime in on moving the clamps up +1 to +2?
    Most of the mounting debate have traditionally fallen into a few seperate debates;

1) people wanting Kartel/Jeffreys to be more like Woodsman (prior to the Woods' release) - aka an ON3P that is looser and slightly more progressively mounted than Wrens, but not all the way Kartel/Jeffrey at - 4-5 - nd o mounted back a cm or two. Most of that debated is now moot with the introduction of the Woods, though in some cases Jeffs mounted back were perhaps better for people who did not drive their skis through the shovels and wanted easier tails.

2) The mounting debate on the original woodsman108s was down to the tails being pretty stiff, so some mags mounted back for a slightly less progressive mount to compensate. Most mags did not remount back, but those who prefer more directional mounting points are probably better off with the current version (mount moved back 1-1.5cm and the tails are softened up a bit) if they cannot get used to the tails of the OG (that is a bit chargy).

3) RES skis - on the line (or slightly forward in a handful of cases - aka unles you have a good reaon to go forward, stay on the line!).

4) Lots of park skiers (hello NS) mount their Jeffreys and Magnus forward of their respective 4 and 2 cm mount points (usually by 2cm or some cases mounting jeffs at +4 (where I would hazard the're on the wrong ski, they should be on the Mags)), but I am not sure if the re-mounting really improved the ski in question.

As for moving forward - sure, you could do that, but for the most part ON3P's mount points are money and their moint points are for the most part fairly progressive - at least compared to a lot of other brands were going a bit forward seem to nearly be a requirement. That being said, Iggy made a post a way back where he lists the appropriate mounting ranges for the various skis (go through his posts in this thread through his rofile page). Moving 1-2 cm forward or aft is within that range for the most part. If you want to move more than that, then you are on the wrong ski (or mount out of dogma, not actual understanding of ski geometry). That last part was not directed at you, but the clowns who center mount all their skis regardless of their designs.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 11-23-2021 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The new mango graphic (?) on veneer? Looks absolutely sick.
    Attachment 389283
    Been holding out on new skis. This broke me. Have a new pair of BG118s ordered with this topsheet and the matching base. Haven't owned BGs for 2 years now, and that's just unacceptable. ON3P pointed me to the bgs over the C&Ds even for untracked, because I'm a fatty.

Thanks kid-kapow for the detailed response!

I grew up a park rat and now I’m a refined park rat. After not skiing consistently for over 10 seasons and adding 60lbs to my frame I’ve really been liking directional skis with some tail rocker that I can just mount at +1/+2. Just so I can get a ski that I don’t out muscle (not saying I’m some amazing skier but most freestyle skis don’t have a lot of backbone).

I tried out my buddy’s K108’s this past season and I really got a long well with it except I wished they had a little bit more stiffness. So I ordered some custom J110’s with a stiffer flex and stock woodsman110’s to A/B this season.

Didn’t know ON3P has their mount points that dialed in. Thanks for the input, I’ll go rec on both!

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    Thanks kid-kapow for the detailed response!
    no problem.

If you are in doubt then I would give ON3P a call and get their take on the matter. Their advice is usually spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Been holding out on new skis. This broke me. Have a new pair of BG118s ordered with this topsheet and the matching base. Haven't owned BGs for 2 years now, and that's just unacceptable. ON3P pointed me to the bgs over the C&Ds even for untracked, because I'm a fatty.
    Glad I could help you slip down the slippery slope of BG acquisition.

Because nobody expects the BG acquisition!