Page 593 of 729 FirstFirst ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,825 of 18218
    Saw some new blurb saying paypal did record volume in bitcoin.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I have some cash I came across, thinking of picking up 100 shares of DWAC. Options trading started on them today, holy hell! It closed at $83 and change today then went to $89 even after hours. Ask price on an $85 strike, 25 day expiry is $19.70.

I’m not real good with math but that looks like a pretty good profit for 25 days. With Trump involved volatility is baked in, I think you could sell, rebuy, and sell numerous times over.

Edit. The only downside would be holding the bag when the usual everything Trump touches turns to shit time comes around.

Bob

I'd buy the warrants (DWACW) over the shares. The warrants give you the right to buy the stock at 11 approx. At present the warrants lag the stock. I'm short DWAC still and sold puts to close out the short. I used the put premium to buy protection (ie out of the money call options)

In the end I decided to sit it out. Probably a good idea as by a half hour into trading today if I’d pulled off the buy and sell of the option I’d have been down. It would’ve gotten uglier from there, down over $27 by the time after hours was done.

Decided to play safe with half my cash, have an order to buy KO tomorrow. I may chase it a bit depending on how the earnings report shakes out. I keep giving the side eye to MO, but every time I think hard about it I just can’t do it. The dividend is wonderful, but the growth possibilities seem shut down. A portfolio consisting of coke and smokes just sounds right, heh.

In three trading days my BBBY prediction will go badly awry, I wasn’t even close. Even though (because) I’m down big I’m going to hold with the confidence they’ll be back.

Im seriously considering buying some PTON puts going into earnings. I think their outlook will disappoint.

So anyone want to comment on why Berkshire Hathaway A was up 50 percent in after hours trading yesterday?

Name:  BRK A.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  34.8 KB

Well reports are saying it was not a glitch.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...trades-2021-10

you got any of those brk.a? baller
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    So anyone want to comment on why Berkshire Hathaway A was up 50 percent in after hours trading yesterday?

Name:  BRK A.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  34.8 KB
    Somebody placed 3 separate single share orders in AH, limit buy at the ASK. A stock with avg. volume of 11 will move with small orders.

HAHA owning BRK A......I mean I guess I could own a share.......but harder to trade actively with that strat.

Its up again in afterhours tonight again not nearly as high though.

The last time it was up in after hours like this, the next day Lehman Brothers went under.

HAHA owning BRK A......I mean I guess I could own a share.......but harder to trade actively with that strat.

Its up again in afterhours tonight again not nearly as high though.

The last time it was up in after hours like this, the next day Lehman Brothers went under.
    Don’t think anyone actively trades it, or ever has. The ultimate boomer buy and hold flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brk was actively traded before Warren was born, and for 30+ years before he made it his holding corp which was when boomers were burning bras and raging against the man.

Energy was down today, so of course I was down 1%. Didn’t bother me though, as my call sold for CMPS. I’ve had a limit order set for a while at a $45 strike, Dec 17 expiry, it hit my limit of $9 today.

I’d had 14 shares of it at the end of Aug, bought 86 more shares putting me in it at $32.77/per. They should be reporting level II trials before Dec 17th. If it swoons past $45 I won’t care, that puts me out at $54, 64% increase in less than four months. If it’s mediocre to bad I’m protected down to $23.77.

Ideally it closes Dec 17th at $44, heh. Although that probably won’t be the case, it’ll either boom or bust depending on those trials results. If it falls back in the next month I’ll probably buy back my call and buy some more shares.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Im seriously considering buying some PTON puts going into earnings. I think their outlook will disappoint.
    I just saw a commercial for them offering $400 off, you don’t offer discounts when your shit is selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Energy was down today, so of course I was down 1%. Didn’t bother me though, as my call sold for CMPS. I’ve had a limit order set for a while at a $45 strike, Dec 17 expiry, it hit my limit of $9 today.

I’d had 14 shares of it at the end of Aug, bought 86 more shares putting me in it at $32.77/per. They should be reporting level II trials before Dec 17th. If it swoons past $45 I won’t care, that puts me out at $54, 64% increase in less than four months. If it’s mediocre to bad I’m protected down to $23.77.

Ideally it closes Dec 17th at $44, heh. Although that probably won’t be the case, it’ll either boom or bust depending on those trials results. If it falls back in the next month I’ll probably buy back my call and buy some more shares.
    I sold the Nov $40c some time ago and had close to 60% profit on them at one point, but let them ride. Not looking good now. Will see if we rally past $40 and hold it. Ok to let this one go at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Brk was actively traded before Warren was born, and for 30+ years before he made it his holding corp which was when boomers were burning bras and raging against the man.
    Sorry, should have clarified the modern era A shared.

Nice boomer credibility flex though

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    I sold the Nov $40c some time ago and had close to 60% profit on them at one point, but let them ride. Not looking good now. Will see if we rally past $40 and hold it. Ok to let this one go at this point.

Earnings comes out November 11, five trading days before your expiry. They don’t have an approved product yet and will show they are bleeding money. I’m betting that negative report will cool things off for a few days giving you time to buy back.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Don’t think anyone actively trades it, or ever has. The ultimate boomer buy and hold flex.

yeah what I meant was I would have to curtail my more aggressive trading and put a ton of capital into a very slow growth share.

As someone who no only works 3 days a week as a ski instructor and in the off season days trades cryptos it would be less risky but not as lucrative deal. If MOASS actually happens though I will get a share, with that said I view MOASS as a high probability lottery ticket, where Day trading is actually a source of somewhat standard income.

You think moass is high probability? Somehow I evolved into long term buy and hold. Moass would be nice though!
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    You think moass is high probability? Somehow I evolved into long term buy and hold. Moass would be nice though!
    higher than lottery ticket

Honestly GME fundmentals with the NTF market place(With help from Loopring(LRC), and the GME metaverse may change so much that buy and HOLD with no MOASS still may work.

But people Direct registering their shares to get them out of the DTCC pool, and a potential NFT dividend can both start to burn shorts and synthetic positions. A NFT Dividend would put the short position in a bind real quick.

bated breath here! good luck to both of us!
    Henry David Thoreau

I have been looking at some REITs with good dividends and not "over valued." Any suggestions? Thinking about TWO, NLY, EFC. Would plan holding a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I have been looking at some REITs with good dividends and not "over valued." Any suggestions? Thinking about TWO, NLY, EFC. Would plan holding a few years.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/446...lutely-soaring

higher than lottery ticket

Honestly GME fundmentals with the NTF market place(With help from Loopring(LRC), and the GME metaverse may change so much that buy and HOLD with no MOASS still may work.

But people Direct registering their shares to get them out of the DTCC pool, and a potential NFT dividend can both start to burn shorts and synthetic positions. A NFT Dividend would put the short position in a bind real quick.
    This entire thesis is predicated on what? The idea that there is some gigantic short position on GME from back in January?

And that said secret short position would not have been exited since January, even though the float has turned over maybe 100 times since then? But that even though these things can be done by these sneaky hedge funds, a bunch of them still took multibillion dollar losses on it for no reason?

And that even though this is all fairly certain in your mind, no hedge funds have decided to follow suit with the super stonk types to decimate these guys? Because they hate money?

serisly tho money sux.