Page 389 of 465 FirstFirst ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 11607
    This morning. Damn.

"..At about 9:30 a.m., a driver crashed into the back of a semitrailer while heading eastbound on I-70, just west of the Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnels. Lipsher said the driver’s car was “completely wedged” under the semitrailer. He was pronounced dead on scene, and emergency crews are still working to extricate his body...

...Colorado State Patrol spokesperson Colin Remillard said the semitrailer was traveling in the far right lane at between 20 and 30 mph when the car crashed into it from behind..."

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/cri...loveland-pass/

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/sou...d-semitrailer/

No brakes semi gets off at Silverthorne exactly like they are are NOT supposed to. CO9 closed both directions cuz he flipped. Lucky he didn't kill anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Did he not use it because there was still a truck on the ramp? Because this happened only a couple days ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVA8pixg..._web_copy_link

At that point (Silverthorne) he was suppose to stay on the highway, which goes uphill 300+ft to Frisco without any sharp turns. Instead he descended the exit ramp to an intersection (and destruction)!

Daily truck accidents are getting outta hand. I saw one flipped on Wednesday on Vail pass. Saw the one on the truck ramp, and the one that belly flopped in Dillverthorne. I wonder if the one that got off at 205 had to because the other truck ramp was already occupado.

Honestly though, how bad does it have to get before they take serious action?

ETA: Where's my damned monorail!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

No brakes semi gets off at Silverthorne exactly like they are are NOT supposed to. CO9 closed both directions cuz he flipped. Lucky he didn't kill anyone.
    What a fucking idiot. Glad no one was hurt. Fine the company bigly.

This is some fucked up shit.

The delay was due to the fact that the trailer, which was full of beer, had to be unloaded before the trailer could be flipped over, Minor said. He said Silverthorne public works crews, Summit Fire & EMS and other volunteers had to unload the beer by hand into front-end loaders. The beer was then unloaded into a dumpster.
    https://www.summitdaily.com/news/cri...town-snowfall/

What? No boats? I want boats.

A nice little roll over in front of me on my drive home last night. Granted, it was really slick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211014_214851077.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	389177
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

At that point (Silverthorne) he was suppose to stay on the highway, which goes uphill 300+ft to Frisco without any sharp turns. Instead he descended the exit ramp to an intersection (and destruction)!
    There is even a sign saying so. My coworkers had to help clean this up and said the guy was two weeks into trucking. Shocking I know. I did get two 18 packs of coors that fell off the truck out of it so that’s cool.

Manslaughter conviction for that dipshit that ran his semi into a traffic jam and killed four, injured many.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Says vehicular homicide in the article I read, which I believe is a more serious offense, plus a bunch of related charges. Burning at the stake seems like fair punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by bendtheski; 10-16-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

What's everyone's take on the new Cotrip.org site? Methinks it is a hudge pile of crap so far, but maybe I just need to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    What's everyone's take on the new Cotrip.org site? Methinks it is a hudge pile of crap so far, but maybe I just need to figure it out.
    Getting used to it, but it's not that bad. Glad to have the app back instead of having to use safari on the phone.

So far it’s more stable than the old platform.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    So far it’s more stable than the old platform.

I 70 stable isn't much of a bar.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^^^ take this shit to the I70 tech talk bitch thread.

cdot has a command center with hundreds of traffic camera displays lots of people lounging about getting paid
    monday traffic is jacked at the silverthorne exit multi mililon dollar electronic signs over the highway
    no one in traffic command center looked up from their facebook feed long enough to see it and post on the over head sign "traffic stopped ahead slower speeds advised?"
    then yesterday morning same shit heading west on vail pass? what are those huge message boards for?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    what are those huge message boards for?
    Seatbelt and burn ban reminders?

Maybe they'll start having real-time closure announcements for the highway. Seems like this is a real issue where it takes them an hour or more to tell people about a closure if they tell them at all. Krystal has better traffic info than CDOT and CDOT/CSP are the ones who are in control of the road closure.

I-70 closed again last night after a semi caught fire and burned coming down from the tunnel to Silverthorne.

https://www.facebook.com/SummitFireEMS

Why downshift when you can just ride the brakes and light the truck on fire?

I know there's a lot of newb truckers on the road right now, but do they even teach em the basics? I feel like they just throw the keys at em and say "welp, get out there!"

Read the article about the guy just found guilty of killing and injuring people in 2019. The court testimony sounded exactly like here are the keys try not to die out there. Dispensable people running cargo around sounds great right?

I-70 closed again last night after a semi caught fire and burned coming down from the tunnel to Silverthorne.

https://www.facebook.com/SummitFireEMS
    Every fucking week. Do these truck companies get fined for this shit?

Just passed by that carcass this afternoon. That thing must’ve been burning hot. Jfc

Seems like low hanging fruit to have a gps devise in trucks that would tell the driver what gear they should be in and if they’re going too fast.