Page 347 of 437 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 10922

Thread: Doggie stoke

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    QFT…..Thanks man, I was surprised how emotional I got at the vets…….
    Damn, glad that turned out ok. Scary as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Riding to adventurez:
    Attachment 389516
    That is just awesome.

Attachment 389532

This is Finn. Six months old. I’ve been taking him with me in the car more often, never had an issue……Until yesterday morning. He was sitting in the back, and I had the window about halfway down, and the dude launched himself out the window, on one of the busiest roads here in the Q, during rush hour, while I was doing about 30 mph….Scared the ever loving shit out of me. I watched him tomahawk down the road in the side mirror, and thank Dog the guy behind me was able to panic stop in time…I get out in full panic mode and run and grab him…..Took him right to the vet, and miraculously, no serious injuries, just road rash…..When I picked him up, the vet said” My diagnosis is Finn is one lucky puppy”……Understatement of the year. Sooooooo stoked he is ok……Crazy. I can go the rest of my life without that ever happening again……
    Glad he's OK, wow!

Glad Finn is ok!

Sam is stoked about the beach!

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Thanks Brit! Great pics!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Name:  sadie2.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  108.4 KB
    "Can't you see..."

Maximum cuteness
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Those paws!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I'll see your paws, and raise you a Mark Davis haircut.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211020_144608480.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	389683
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Attachment 389532

This is Finn. Six months old. I’ve been taking him with me in the car more often, never had an issue……Until yesterday morning. He was sitting in the back, and I had the window about halfway down, and the dude launched himself out the window, on one of the busiest roads here in the Q, during rush hour, while I was doing about 30 mph….Scared the ever loving shit out of me. I watched him tomahawk down the road in the side mirror, and thank Dog the guy behind me was able to panic stop in time…I get out in full panic mode and run and grab him…..Took him right to the vet, and miraculously, no serious injuries, just road rash…..When I picked him up, the vet said” My diagnosis is Finn is one lucky puppy”……Understatement of the year. Sooooooo stoked he is ok……Crazy. I can go the rest of my life without that ever happening again……

Holy shit Seano! Glad Finn is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Name:  sadie2.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  108.4 KB

PUPPY!!!!!

Nice MT!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'll see your paws, and raise you a Mark Davis haircut.

Name:	IMG_20211020_144608480.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	389683

Hahahahaha!
    I still call it The Jake.

Edgar on his Edgar Allen Poe pillow. The struggle is real.

Name:	Image1634757046.207587.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	398.8 KB 
ID:	389688

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

He looks…Ravenous.

Heh.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

This one jumped out of a car window when she was a puppy (albeit, at much lower speed)

Not sure if she learned anything. Just look at that mischievous face.

Name:	mischieface.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	681.5 KB 
ID:	389689

Lol……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Attachment 389532

My coyote tried to do that out the pickup on our first day, I got a handful of her back fur/skin and yanked her back in. Hard start to a new relationship.

My little poodle launched off the bicycle after a rabbit…gnarly landing, right up and hauling ass after that rabbit. Came back after a while happy as a lil hunter, no worse for wear.

Dogs…they’re the best

My coyote
    wut?

My coyote tried to do that out the pickup on our first day, I got a handful of her back fur/skin and yanked her back in. Hard start to a new relationship.
    So you're saying she was wily.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    wut?
    I think you’ll find your answer in the Taos… beta? Thread…

Name:	63458104776__E236942D-C7D1-48BF-9069-5C5AC02EB8EA.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	389724

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Doggie stoke

Ugh rough night. Me and my dog were going for a neighborhood walk after work. Walked by a house that always has dogs barking at us. Well this time that dog runs at the 6’ wooden fence and literally breaks it down full sprint and latches onto my dogs neck. I was in the street by self with two big dogs, mine is yelping and this 60lb thing is attached to his neck, not letting go for anything.

Finally scream enough to get the owner out of his house, he can’t even get his dog to let go, finally it does after he’s been beating it for a while. Now mine is in the doggy ER with a gaping puncture wound on his neck getting stitched up.

What’s the process on this? I’d like to ask the guy to pay the vet bill. He knows his dog is super aggressive, apparently has it in a fenced yard and on a chain and it got off both those things. Should I report it to the humane society so there’s a record in case another animal or person gets attacked by it?

Every situation is different. However, a big argument for dangerous dogs wearing a sturdy traditional collar, in addition to any harness or other gizmo, is so you can choke them if they are latched on. If they can't breathe, they might let go. I had to choke my buddy's pitbull this summer. Kicking and punching did not work at all. It helped that the dog was distracted enough for me to get behind it and grab the collar. Ymmv.

Doggie stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Ugh rough night. Me and my dog were going for a neighborhood walk after work. Walked by a house that always has dogs barking at us. Well this time that dog runs at the 6’ wooden fence and literally breaks it down full sprint and latches onto my dogs neck. I was in the street by self with two big dogs, mine is yelping and this 60lb thing is attached to his neck, not letting go for anything.

Finally scream enough to get the owner out of his house, he can’t even get his dog to let go, finally it does after he’s been beating it for a while. Now mine is in the doggy ER with a gaping puncture wound on his neck getting stitched up.

What’s the process on this? I’d like to ask the guy to pay the vet bill. He knows his dog is super aggressive, apparently has it in a fenced yard and on a chain and it got off both those things. Should I report it to the humane society so there’s a record in case another animal or person gets attacked by it?
    Yeah, he pays the bill. Yeah, it needs to be documented. I’d skip the humane society and let the police know. If he went out of his way to take responsibility and pay any/all bills and was embarrassed enough by the whole thing to apologize and take better care of his dog, I might skip the police, but any question marks on any of that and you owe it to everybody else that dog might encounter to get it documented.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yeah, he pays the bill. Yeah, it needs to be documented. I’d skip the humane society and let the police know. If he went out of his way to take responsibility and pay any/all bills and was embarrassed enough by the whole thing to apologize and take better care of his dog, I might skip the police, but any question marks on any of that and you owe it to everybody else that dog might encounter to get it documented.
    Report it to the police even if the guy is nice. Imagine a kid or someone less able to handle the situation taking their dog for walk and getting attacked. It needs to be reported.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Report it to the police even if the guy is nice. Imagine a kid or someone less able to handle the situation taking their dog for walk and getting attacked. It needs to be reported.
    Yeah, you could easily end up there too. I had a similar situation where the neighbor dog came into my yard and attacked my dog. Left a good puncture wound on his face.

The neighbor was profusely sorry, paid all the vet bills, and explained the underlying situation where the in-laws let the dog out off leash contrary to explicit instructions. Never had another problem and I could tell they were extra careful with the dog going forward.

I didn’t report to police and that still feels like it was the right thing to do. YMMV.
    focus.

Name:	IMG_2153.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	389749
    Wolf Creek pass
    Name:  IMG_2129.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  128.1 KB
    Looks pretty good with a 20" base, we were over on Lobo which is south facing

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

Definitely report it, make him pay any vet bills, and he should commit to some sort of training designed for aggressive dogs. I don't think you can really mess around with these sorts of things, unfortunately.