Page 486 of 929 FirstFirst ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... LastLast
Results 12,126 to 12,150 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I was not implying that, it was not my intention to present it that way at all. Sorry if I did. I certainly agree that there are good people of all ranks, some get promoted, some don’t. As an enlisted fleet sailor who “came up through the hawsepipe” I dealt with my share of ring knocking Academy douchebags.

That LTC has no place in the military. Glad he resigned.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ahh I just read it differently, I have loads of family who did their 20, some longer. Only one made it to full colonel. I'm glad you weren't meaning it the way I read it. I know you're better than that.. FWIW, I made it to full bird Popcorn Kernal with the local scout troop hahahaha. Pop told me to avoid the military life unless we really were under attack. He did well for most of his and really well afterward. Anyway, cheers Harry ;-)
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's cult level mass hysteria. I'm really thinking it's best to let that free market they worship (and Darwin) sort this shit out. And ya, really does look like asshat LTC will not be getting that TriCAre free Medicare without getting vaxed first now.. All that posturing and he loses.. LOSER fo sho!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Seems like the majority consensus around here on your friend would be "oh well"....how many did she infect on her way to the hospital? Remember your audience.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    You sir can fuck the fuck right off. And eat a bag of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You sir can fuck the fuck right off. And eat a bag of dicks.
    Call em like I see em boss. If the shoe fits and all...

Seems like you might be in that camp....guess what...you're far from alone, not only here, but like half of the USA....don't feel too bad brah.

half of america would tell the old lady to go die, lol.

did you get a giant breitbart flag to hang next to the stars and bars? let’s get a pic!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Seems like the majority consensus around here on your friend would be "oh well"....how many did she infect on her way to the hospital? Remember your audience.

That might be your conclusion
    But you are a known pendejo with proven challenges in reading comprehension (vibes BTW)
    I don’t see where anyone else arrived at your dumbass consensus

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    This was always part of the problem with SD, mask mandates, etc... There is no good way to convince certain people how effective those policies have been. Like if we did everything possible and had no cases the same set that doesn't want to go along with things would be rubbing it in our faces how it was all a big farce the whole time.
    I have a suggestion. As a society we are mandating "herd immunity". You can get the vaccine or you will be given Covid. If you chose Covid, go home with your symptoms, as that was your choice and no hospital will admit you unless you're paying cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

My family had a dog who would gnaw the corners off furniture and pull at carpet when she got bored. She knew it was wrong but craved attention even if it was negative. We started walking her more and she stopped being an asshole. I hope skidog finds someone to walk him.

Toss the airplane, put 'im on the T'mill.

I'm not digging through this entire thread, but you shitheads quickly forget. Plenty of posters have said people like KQs friend took their own chances.

I am not of the belief at all, time too look deep inside shitheads.

I'm not digging through this entire thread, but you shitheads quickly forget. Plenty of posters have said people like KQs friend took their own chances.

This thread has had people regularly posting about good friends or loved family members trapped in this weird ass antivax cult, and the response here has been generally empathetic.

Plenty of posters here would say it’s her fault for being higher risk of covid and that this has little to do with vaccines. She shoulda just not had risk factors and exercised more, ate better, etc

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Plenty of posters here would say it’s her fault for being higher risk of covid and that this has little to do with vaccines. She shoulda just not had risk factors and exercised more, ate better, etc
    Why didn’t an elderly, high risk person have the vaccine? You guys salivate at the possibility of someone you don’t like that’s unvaccinated getting Covid; what gives here?

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    Why didn’t an elderly, high risk person have the vaccine? You guys salivate at the possibility of someone you don’t like that’s unvaccinated getting Covid; what gives here?
    Either you are intentionally misreading things for your own “gain” or you are too stupid to understand what people are clearly saying. That’s what gives.

Why don’t you call someone “a fucking retard” again when they get something right and you get it 100% wrong. I’ll admit that was fun to watch you make a complete asshat of yourself.

Yep, here I was thinking should I say "sorry KQ, hope your friend recovers" or let someone closer post that message?

As for the anticrowd suffering for their ignorance, that is happening regardless of my feelings. I'm also suffering for their ignorance, both directly through increased risk of infection and activity restrictions, and indirectly through wasted care resources, and reduced economic capacity when the sick fail to return to work. So I prefer everyone find a way to not get sick.

It also angers me that we coddle these morans. Pull up your sleeve and get your participation shots already. $30 for shots, $3000 for Regeneron, $130k for hospital. The most effective treatment by far is the cheapest by far. It's a freaking miracle. Stop wasting resources. Pass laws with teeth until vax is 98%.

Shots are free.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Shots are free.
    Yeah, I meant the cost to society. I think the cocktail and hospital is "free" too. Our taxes are paying for all those things. It probably gets accounted as GDP, since we produced healthcare. But it's wasted activity that would better be spent fixing someone's heart, cancer, or broken leg. Or building something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Everytime there is an uptick in new cases in my area there are lots of comments of “someone must have brought this in from elsewhere”.

The desire to blame it on outsiders is on a hair trigger for a lot of vocal people. They continually fail to comment on the fact that even if that were true the virus is spreading through locals due to lack of adherence to measures meant to prevent its spread.

So much easier for them to blame someone foreign than to look at their own failings and recognize their own roles in this situation.

Kinda like Texas and Florida when their “everything is great!” arguments fall flat - step 2 is to then say “well ok we are not great - but we are not great because of immigrants”
    They blamed the Jews for Typhoid before giving them passports and then stars.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    it's wasted activity that would better be spent fixing someone's heart.
    [Harry has entered the chat with his hand raised]

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

You all are assuming facts not in evidence.

I do not know if she was vaxxed or not. I have not asked her directly. It was a mutual friend who told me it was none of my business. That friend is the anti-vaxxer.

Seems impolite and not helpful to ask her at this point. What's done is done.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    But you are a known pendejo with proven challenges in reading comprehension (vibes
    Overwhelming urge to change my custom user title to “known pedejo”

Must. Resist.

I have a weird mix of feeling the personal tragedy of these people and hoping they get better and the deep sadness for it all, and also throwing my hands up in frustration with thoughts like “I told you so” and natural selection.

I feel both ways at the exact same time.

Really it’s like, the frustration of the “well that’s what you get” kind of sentiment is a response to the hurt you feel for actually caring and feeling like that hurt shouldn’t have happened because these unvaccinated cases are such an avoidable own-goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Overwhelming urge to change my custom user title to “known pedejo”

Must. Resist.
    Pedejo might be slightly worse than pendejo. Lol

We should disdain the liars more than the lied to.

But my empathy for the lied to gets worn away with time - adults should know better than to trust facebook/fox news/Breitbart or Rush Limbaugh//Joe Rogan/Alex Jones for their advice on health care. Fuck yeah don’t go to CNN or Rachel Maddow either.

Even if you are “doing your own research” at this point - 1.5 years into this - it should be clear that vaccination of the masses is the most important step (of many) to getting through this. And the advantages to yourself are clear - both for your own health and the health of your friends and family you come into contact with.