Page 144 of 197 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4912
    What in da hell is going on in here?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    What in da hell is going on in here?
    Argument Dept. Do you want to have an argument?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The issue with the lighter weight bikes is, even with the range extenders, they still don't make much power.

A buddy has a levo turbo sl. Weighs 38 lbs or so. I have a regular levo turbo. Weighs around 50 lbs. If we go on a ride together and he brings his range extender, our batteries (my 1 battery, his 2 batteries) last about the same distance / vert. But his bike puts out way less power. Even when I'm in my lowest power setting, I'm still dropping him on climbs. And if he increases his power so he can keep up, he'll run out of juice.

There isn't some magic happening in these lighter bikes. They just have smaller motors and smaller batteries. If everyone is on the same type of ebike then it's not a problem. But if everyone's on different types of ebikes then it makes it kind of annoying to try to ride together.
    The ability to adjust power to increments of 10% (maybe even more specific?) in the 2022 Levo is awesome for people who ride in groups with different types of e bikes.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Wow, a gay joke. You’re a wonderful human. That’s the way to have adult conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ass kisser, bootlicker whatev. Like youre here for adult convos. Ya youre def not very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Looks very cool, thanks for sharing.

There aren't any folks in here currently says that E-bikes are the devil. I for one have run across quite a few folks riding them on the roads that intersect with non-motorized single track that is closed to them as well as folks riding them on trails where they are not allowed, as in a big fucking sign at the trailhead that says No E-Bikes. I don't say a word to those folks because in this current climate of division it is pointless to get in an argument. I have had some great conversations with the former group and I get it, they can no longer ride at the level they once could but still want to get out and ride, good for them.

Buddy of mine (Lurker here) bought an e-bike for his wife so they could continue to ride together, after a few rides he went and got one as well (except he got the Carbon frame ). He gives himself way more shit than I do for that choice.

However, riders that venture into places they are not allowed give all mountain bikers a black eye, E or P.

QFT..... I will be 64 in 36 days, I do see an e-bike in my future and when I do get one I will stick to the trails I am welcome on.
    No you dont get it, of course you think you know better though. Trails are illegal for emtbs because of narrow minded morans like you

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Hows that dick taste bud?

^^well you are just joining in the mob. Just another coward afraid to go against the grain and do the right thing. Maybe you can grow a pair one day
    The fact of the matter is turds like bunion are fine with riding fireroads and bike paths and telling everyone else they should be fine with it too, because they are. Classic.
    Another fact, and the reason class 1 has been categorised as non motorised, is because class 1 functions well within the current trail system. I've experienced this extensively, unlike these turds that havent put any trail miles on an emtb but think they know everything and want to dictate what others do in the woods, despite being proven that theyre doing nothing but minding their own business.
    Another fact, many people want to ride singletrack and tech trails to the end
    Another fact, ive purposely not mentioned my injuries/disability until recently because i believe emtb's are good for more than the elderly or disabled and there isnt a rash of conflicts because of them. When im healthy or not it allows me to get away from the crowds and if i am on a busy trail i have less problem stopping and more often then the other party i am the one stopping. No difference than pre E. That seems to be a popular sentiment amongst any emtbers as well
    If people want a civil discussion they should ask questions rather than dictate to others. The people in here telling what others should be not allowed to do are the ones with little to no experience with emtb's . The ones that end up trying them gradually walk back their beliefs. The walkback speed is directly related to the conviction of their original misplaced stance. Apparently that fact escapes the schoolyard flexathon

^^well you are just joining in the mob. Just another coward afraid to go against the grain and do the right thing. Maybe you can grow a pair one day
    The fact of the matter is turds like bunion are fine with riding fireroads and bike paths and telling everyone else they should be fine with it too, because they are. Classic.
    Another fact, and the reason class 1 has been categorised as non motorised, is because class 1 functions well within the current trail system. I've experienced this extensively, unlike these turds that havent put any trail miles on an emtb but think they know everything and want to dictate what others do in the woods, despite being proven that theyre doing nothing but minding their own business.
    Another fact, many people want to ride singletrack and tech trails to the end
    Another fact, ive purposely not mentioned my injuries/disability until recently because i believe emtb's are good for more than the elderly or disabled and there isnt a rash of conflicts because of them. When im healthy or not it allows me to get away from the crowds and if i am on a busy trail i have less problem stopping and more often then the other party i am the one stopping. No difference than pre E. That seems to be a popular sentiment amongst any emtbers as well
    If people want a civil discussion they should ask questions rather than dictate to others. The people in here telling what others should be not allowed to do are the ones with little to no experience with emtb's . The ones that end up trying them gradually walk back their beliefs. The walkback speed is directly related to the conviction of their original misplaced stance. Apparently that fact escapes the schoolyard flexathon

Cowardice proof

Cowardice proof

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Deja vu, thanks for the prompting. I can hammer you turds with facts all day. Ill stick with my scientific findings than the flex squads "feelings"
    Why would i let the misinformed loud mouths hog the narrative. Especially if all they had to do was mind theiir own business. Shame on those turds for trying to ruin somebodies escape, some ones fun. Fkn losers

In other news for the non turds. This is how its done. Good weight to battery comparison

And there you have it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

See if you can pick out who the dicks are

And there you have it.

Are the crickets i hear internalised self reflection?
    I wouldnt expect stravavan to self reflect. He's created his narrative and has even mentioned assaulting emtbers on trails. Hard to negotiate with the Mike V of emtb

Last edited by grinch; 08-21-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Whats is the point to replying to you? Sorry to hear about your disability, best of luck. Oh and if you are looking for the dick, its you.

Whats is the point to replying to you? Sorry to hear about your disability, best of luck. Oh and if you are looking for the dick, its you.
    And there you have it

And there you have it

You’re getting there, more self awareness is good. We’re all so proud of you.

You do understand what commentary is and about the difference between opinion and fact, subjective vs objective don’t you? Are these the “facts” you keep prattling in about? Some of those opinions presented in that video are really stupid on both sides of the argument and that video is just clickbait trash. Swing and a miss….

I’ve never ridden an ebike ever
    Just a reminder that grinch's cheerleading for ebikes in this thread went on for 55 pages before he revealed he'd never actually ridden one.

/facts

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Just a reminder that grinch's cheerleading for ebikes in this thread went on for 55 pages before he revealed he'd never actually ridden one.

/facts
    Atleast i was honest, unlike yourself. It took some prying before you said it was your wifes, then you only had a few rides on it, then you were including your ecommuter in your "vast experience". The take away from my posts is that i researched the subject and because of that knew more than most of you do today even though i hadnt tried one. Partly because im cheap and i want to make sure i wasnt going to be wasting money and the naysayers in here are preoccupied eith finding negatives. You guys will glaze right past any positive and create a narrative from some orecieved negative. Youre even doing that with that quote. Its taken out of context. If you were fair you'd acknowledge that most, not all, of my percieved benefits, trail interactions, handling and capabilities of an emtb were damn close to whats common knowledge now

The take away from my posts is that i researched the subject and because of that knew more than most of you do today even though i hadnt tried one.
    Yeah, there's a lot of people on the internet that "did their research" about various topics. Seems to be working out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's completely insane that saying, "That bike has a motor and is therefore a motorized vehicle," is a controversial statement.

Right? Last weekend evdog and I did a 2800 vert ride in just over two hours. Not flexing because I am not a fast climber--the truly fast guys get to the top in literally half the time it takes me. Color me disinterested until you're guaranteed to get >6k vert at a pace that would make Nino puke.

That was also with lightweight tires. If I'm rolling with a motor I want flat-proof rubber.
    Case and point
    Dan is trying to glean out any negative he percieves to support a negative. In every statement he's misguided but he thinks he's supporting his negative non the less.

1) class 1 emtb was deemed non motorised by legislation because the benefits far outway the minimal , and thus completely manageable, negatives. Conveniently not even a slight mention of that
    2)then flexes about his 2800ft in 2 hours and no mention of the mileage that he does in comparison to the 200+lb guy that rode in trail mode(mid setting) that is doing a battery power length test not a speed test
    3)then complains that he'd need to go faster than nino for 6k ft of vert before buying one. Most anti eebers try and say emtb's go too fast so looks like dan is just trying too hard to find negatives. On a fireroad you could go faster than nino for 6k with a bosch bike and an extra battery. So then he'll complain about the weight of the bike(for trail bike its ez to have the bike at 46lbs and a 9lb battery in your pack). Rotwild 375 has 85nm of tourque and weighs 40lb with 180mm of travel. Then he'll complain about price. Husqvarna hard cross has 85nm, 180mm travel, great spec and costs 5k usd. You dont need carbon, actually preferable not to have it, fancy light drivetrains, air shocks or wimpy tires because E. In essence there's more than a few bikes cheaper than your desired enduro bike that your trying to desperately find places to lose weight.
    So every point he makes is looking for a negative, all his assumptions are wrong to begin with and not even the slightest mention of anything that would be fun despite emtb's being all about fun
    Im using dan as an example, sorry dan bad timing on our parts, but it goes to show that thats how most of you anti eebers come in here. Otherwise the talk would be about emtbers by emtbers. I dont go in the gun thread or the golf thread or the whatever thread. Nothing against them and even if there was i have no interest in them. What do you expect? Kind of dumb to come in here and through around misinformation when its obvious you dont know what youre talking about.
    Of course youll write this rant off as tl/dr because its convenient for you and it blows holes in all your narratives

Ftr my 55lb 180mm travel coil sprung 70nm decoy is the best xc bike ive ever owned.
    Price, weight , durability pick 2 still applies its just that E alters the weight so you get all 3 with an extra 1k usd and at the end of the month(not day) you have twice the vert and 50% more time out on your bike

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Personally I have no opinion whatsoever on the topic of puss-E-bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Lol
    Also ftr. You too are dumbfucks. Short comments with no knowledge = dumbfucks/fact