Page 127 of 247 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 6159
    I want to register a complaint about Shimano brake master cycliders/reservoir not being rebuildable.
    That is all.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The whole race on public trails thing is tricky. Like many have said, land managers often won't let the trails be completely closed. And it's often hard to get permitted for lesser used trails - land managers want to focus the use. And on top of that, a race venue needs parking and facilities for a large event, which you're usually not going to find on more out-of-the-way trails.

That doesn't mean some races aren't poorly organized. But people that get all worked up because an event is happening and they can't ride the same old trail for the 500th time need to simmer down a bit.
    Seriously! I’ve got plans to ride one of my favorite trails in West Virginia early September. But someone decided to host some fucking race!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

It's fucking hot. And smoky. And hot.

Did I mention that it's too goddamn hot?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Seriously! I’ve got plans to ride one of my favorite trails in West Virginia early September. But someone decided to host some fucking race!
    What trails?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Simple, just enter the race then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Simple, just enter the race then.
    With the way Neko’s been doing so far, I might be more likely to qualify than him.

However many are in a shit ton.

Obese guy on ebike that has been at the club rides who is constantly planting himself in the more advanced rider group and fucks up nearly every climb, slow as fuck on the down.

Stoked that he is making it work, but dude, know where you stand and place yourself accordingly in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Obese guy on ebike that has been at the club rides who is constantly planting himself in the more advanced rider group and fucks up nearly every climb, slow as fuck on the down.

Stoked that he is making it work, but dude, know where you stand and place yourself accordingly in the group.

Is this an e-bike club? If not, who does he think he’s kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

I’m actually surprised the club allows ebikes on the organized rides since the legality on trails around here is questionable. Yesterday was one of the longer rides we’ve done and out of 20 people there were 5 or 6 eebs. I really don’t get the point unless you’re using it for a real utility, like hauling trail tools, kids, etc.

Thats why i dont go on the club rides. Chase the 20 something 3 lungers always in the red only to be slowed on the downs. Paybacks a bitch. Rainbow unicorn couldnt hang anyway, he just here to be a bitch. E or b went any faster on the downs he'd blow a hole in his shit tires. Fat eeb dood doing ya both favors

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Home ownership. Last two weekends house maintenance keeping me off bike. Last night, getting ready to ride and sprinkler system issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Home ownership. Last two weekends house maintenance keeping me off bike. Last night, getting ready to ride and sprinkler system issues.
    "Buy a house," they said.

Pinkbike buyer puts down a $500 deposit on a frame I’m selling. Will pay the rest in person when she picks it up. A day later she messages that she changed her mind because the warranty doesn’t apply to her and because she got some specs wrong for her existing parts. Wants the full deposit back. Uh, what’s the point of a deposit?

Aluminum threads on expensive parts

Skinnys over alligator ponds!
    Florida man attacked by alligator after falling from bike
    Looks at the link to the photos, thats a lot of blood on the woodwork...

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Pinkbike buyer puts down a $500 deposit on a frame I’m selling. Will pay the rest in person when she picks it up. A day later she messages that she changed her mind because the warranty doesn’t apply to her and because she got some specs wrong for her existing parts. Wants the full deposit back. Uh, what’s the point of a deposit?
    are you keeping it?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I don't believe she knows what a "deposit" is... maybe show her that Seinfeld clip about the reservation...

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Who needs green grass? It'll recover when it rains.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    are you keeping it?
    I was overly generous and offered $400 back. I did end up selling the frame anyway. She proceeded to argue with me so I offered $400 or nothing.

She told me about the bad karma I would get for “ripping off a 60 year old woman”.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I’m pretty sure I was being pretty generous with my deposit refund offer.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 07-20-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thats why i dont go on the club rides. Chase the 20 something 3 lungers always in the red only to be slowed on the downs. Paybacks a bitch. Rainbow unicorn couldnt hang anyway, he just here to be a bitch. E or b went any faster on the downs he'd blow a hole in his shit tires. Fat eeb dood doing ya both favors

It’s nice to know that I’m still under your skin.

Seriously though, what’s the point of going on a club ride with an e bike? All the group or club rides I’ve been on are about the beat down. It’s an informal race. If they need an e bike just to hang, well that’s pathetic and embarrassing

Seriously though, what’s the point of going on a club ride with an e bike? All the group or club rides I’ve been on are about the beat down. It’s an informal race. If they need an e bike just to hang, well that’s pathetic and embarrassing
    QFT

You go to see where you fall in the group.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Meet people, have a laugh, still get pushed on ups and downs if theres tech. Maybe after a few everyone knows everyone and he falls in line in placement on the ups and downs. The bike doesnt do it all. It gets tech and it becomes more the rider than the bike. Who knows where he goes with it. Maybe he keeps on having fun on his eeb with his new group of friends. Maybe he builds his fitness so much that he feels comfortable to tag along on a steam powered bike. Maybe he has some ailment that necessitates the eeb and wants to join in the fun. A lot of possibilities. Ive taken a lot of new riders over the years before emtb's and , especially the young bucks, they think theyre going to be off the front up and down. Theyre active prople, skiers , boarders so they think theyre flying on the downs but theyre blocking everyone that has ridden an mtb. Par for the course. Theyll learn. We have our ways ive showing them. Whining on the internet isnt one of them

Here's a good example. Lance has a good attitude with it. Maybe your bias wont allow you to see the fun in this or except that anything good can happen but you can go back to any of his vids previous to this one where he's riding with "dads army" and Lance is the only one on an emtb. They have fun and theyre pushing it on the trails. Certainly not pros but theyre out looking for tech or jumps. I get a kick out of them

Wtf is a "club ride"??

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Figured it was the local cycling club/association weekly ride