Page 244 of 929 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Has anyone come across a good poll on vac hesitancy? The only good one I have seen is from CBC in Alberta. Covered , right left, education, age, populist vs not
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tant-1.6024067

All I have found in searches is more numbers for yes/maybe no for different groups/ages

thought this was funny
    Forgot "Trump caused this."
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I troll. But NIH is mega trolling

To better understand immune memory of SARS-CoV-2, researchers led by Drs. Daniela Weiskopf, Alessandro Sette, and Shane Crotty from the La Jolla Institute for Immunology analyzed immune cells and antibodies from almost 200 people who had been exposed to SARS-CoV-2 and recovered.

Time since infection ranged from six days after symptom onset to eight months later. More than 40 participants had been recovered for more than six months before the study began. About 50 people provided blood samples at more than one time after infection.

The research was funded in part by NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and National Cancer Institute (NCI). Results were published on January 6, 2021, in Science.

The researchers found durable immune responses in the majority of people studied. Antibodies against the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, which the virus uses to get inside cells, were found in 98% of participants one month after symptom onset. As seen in previous studies, the number of antibodies ranged widely between individuals. But, promisingly, their levels remained fairly stable over time, declining only modestly at 6 to 8 months after infection.

Virus-specific B cells increased over time. People had more memory B cells six months after symptom onset than at one month afterwards. Although the number of these cells appeared to reach a plateau after a few months, levels didn’t decline over the period studied.

Levels of T cells for the virus also remained high after infection. Six months after symptom onset, 92% of participants had CD4+ T cells that recognized the virus. These cells help coordinate the immune response. About half the participants had CD8+ T cells, which kill cells that are infected by the virus.

As with antibodies, the numbers of different immune cell types varied substantially between individuals. Neither gender nor differences in disease severity could account for this variability. However, 95% of the people had at least 3 out of 5 immune-system components that could recognize SARS-CoV-2 up to 8 months after infection.

“Several months ago, our studies showed that natural infection induced a strong response, and this study now shows that the responses last,” Weiskopf says. “We are hopeful that a similar pattern of responses lasting over time will also emerge for the vaccine-induced responses.”
    Are you suggesting that Schuss is incorrect? Because the NIH isn't saying that in what you posted.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Has anyone seen a study comparing the rate of recurrent infection in people who have had Covid to the rate of infection in vaccinated people?
    Has there been any new information on whether previously infected people need both shots of a two shot vaccine? It was previously hypothesized that they might not.
    Regardless, my understanding (from reading Mofro's posts) is that antibody levels after vaccination are much higher than after infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    21 years later and that scene is still pure gold.
    Reminds me of a joke:

Vatican City... a Cardinal is rushing down the hall to the chambers where the Pope is preparing the evening sermon. Out of breath he bursts through the door and excitedly exclaims "Your Excellency I have both good and bad news!" Aggitated at the interruption the Pope stops his writing and responds: "Please, the good news first." The Cardinal barely able to contain himself blurts out, "It is Jesus your Excellency, he is on the phone and wishes to speak with you!" to which the Pope responds, "Why that is wonderful news but what is the bad news?" The Cardinal hangs his head and lowering his voice says, "he is calling from Salt Lake City."

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

So I get an email from the Orioles today telling me they're giving away free tickets with free parking if I get poked at Camden Yards.

Is it healthy to get poked more than once?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So I get an email from the Orioles today telling me they're giving away free tickets with free parking if I get poked at Camden Yards.

Is it healthy to go to Camden Yards ?
    Fify
    . . .

You're an extremely white person.

Well, this is sad. Joel Kallman, software developer at Oracle who helped develop new tracking methods for COVID recently passed away. Died of COVID.
    This guy: https://www.oracle.com/news/connect/...the-cloud.html
    Oracle's Twitter announcementhttps://twitter.com/oracleapex/statu...520520?lang=en
    Oracle's In Memoriam page: https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/ape.../joel/memories

Really sad. And, before you ask. Yes, he was vaccinated: https://twitter.com/joelkallman/stat...21558349565952

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Are you suggesting that Schuss is incorrect? Because the NIH isn't saying that in what you posted.
    You're implying reading comprehension on his part. Many of us have made that mistake with Core. It's difficult to read in the dark of your own rectum

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    It's difficult to read in the dark of your own rectum
    Sigworthy......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Well, this is sad. Joel Kallman, software developer at Oracle who helped develop new tracking methods for COVID recently passed away. Died of COVID.
    This guy: https://www.oracle.com/news/connect/...the-cloud.html
    Oracle's Twitter announcementhttps://twitter.com/oracleapex/statu...520520?lang=en
    Oracle's In Memoriam page: https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/ape.../joel/memories

Really sad. And, before you ask. Yes, he was vaccinated: https://twitter.com/joelkallman/stat...21558349565952
    Only first shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You're an extremely white person.
    ever buddy on TGR is extremely white
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Only first shot?
    Unsure. "People" in the Twitter comments are saying it supposedly happened days after his second shot, but who knows if that's true or not? Until I see something more official than some random guy on Twitter, I honestly just don't know. Either way, it's a sad end for a guy who obviously put a LOT of work into trying to help in the effort against COVID.

Only first shot?
    and which matters a little. not a lot, because we aren’t hearing about vaccinated people kicking the bucket. but i would be shocked if it was pfizer or moderna. az or jnj, not so much.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    and which matters a little. not a lot, because we aren’t hearing about vaccinated people kicking the bucket. but i would be shocked if it was pfizer or moderna. az or jnj, not so much.
    dude was from Ohio, so probably not AZ. Looks like he notes that he got the first shot back at the end of March.

Only first shot?
    Yes, and he dropped off of Twitter 3 days after the shot - given the timeline it seems likely he was infected before receiving the shot, and sadly became seriously ill shortly after. Of course the anti-vax people are going nuts about the coincidence and saying he died from the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    You're implying reading comprehension on his part. Many of us have made that mistake with Core. It's difficult to read in the dark of your own rectum
    That gives new meaning to a “shot in the dark”

Results Among the 52238 included employees [of the Cleveland clinic]. 1359 (53%) of 2579 previously infected subjects remained unvaccinated, compared with 22777 (41%) of 49659 not previously infected. The cumulative incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection remained almost zero among previously infected unvaccinated subjects, previously infected subjects who were vaccinated, and previously uninfected subjects who were vaccinated, compared with a steady increase in cumulative incidence among previously uninfected subjects who remained unvaccinated. Not one of the 1359 previously infected subjects who remained unvaccinated had a SARS-CoV-2 infection over the duration of the study. In a Cox proportional hazards regression model, after adjusting for the phase of the epidemic, vaccination was associated with a significantly lower risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection among those not previously infected (HR 0.031, 95% CI 0.015 to 0.061) but not among those previously infected (HR 0.313, 95% CI 0 to Infinity).

Conclusions Individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from COVID-19 vaccination, and vaccines can be safely prioritized to those who have not been infected before.
    . . .

there is a much bigger lab in brazil where the results differed. good luck, cs
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ever buddy on TGR is extremely white
    I am literally white as rice.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Has anyone seen a study comparing the rate of recurrent infection in people who have had Covid to the rate of infection in vaccinated people?
    Has there been any new information on whether previously infected people need both shots of a two shot vaccine? It was previously hypothesized that they might not.
    Regardless, my understanding (from reading Mofro's posts) is that antibody levels after vaccination are much higher than after infection.
    1. Yes, in South Africa showing high reinfection rates for natural infection with the wild type against reinfection with the N501Y South Africa Strain. (EDIT SEE MY POST BELOW FOR CORRECTION ON THIS)
    2. There is a good study showing excellent protection from a single dose of mRNA for those with previous natural infection.

I don't have the links in front of me.
    Last edited by Summit; 06-16-2021 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Interesting how some countries started hot out of gate but have peaked ( plus some dick waving)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	377175  
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I am literally white as rice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04B10104-7471-44B4-B239-328A163651C4.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	377177

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Reminds me of a joke:

Vatican City... a Cardinal is rushing down the hall to the chambers where the Pope is preparing the evening sermon. Out of breath he bursts through the door and excitedly exclaims "Your Excellency I have both good and bad news!" Aggitated at the interruption the Pope stops his writing and responds: "Please, the good news first." The Cardinal barely able to contain himself blurts out, "It is Jesus your Excellency, he is on the phone and wishes to speak with you!" to which the Pope responds, "Why that is wonderful news but what is the bad news?" The Cardinal hangs his head and lowering his voice says, "he is calling from Salt Lake City."

A sales guy at a company I used to work for told that joke (a slightly different version of it) as an “ice breaker” at the start of his presentation to a room of big wigs at a potential new customer in SLC we were trying to woo.

He was expecting a laugh, or at least a smile or two, but nothing. Dead silence in the room. Stone faces.

He got chewed out royally by his manager afterwards, and almost lost his job over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That gives new meaning to a “shot in the dark”

Results Among the 52238 included employees [of the Cleveland clinic]. 1359 (53%) of 2579 previously infected subjects remained unvaccinated, compared with 22777 (41%) of 49659 not previously infected. The cumulative incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection remained almost zero among previously infected unvaccinated subjects, previously infected subjects who were vaccinated, and previously uninfected subjects who were vaccinated, compared with a steady increase in cumulative incidence among previously uninfected subjects who remained unvaccinated. Not one of the 1359 previously infected subjects who remained unvaccinated had a SARS-CoV-2 infection over the duration of the study. In a Cox proportional hazards regression model, after adjusting for the phase of the epidemic, vaccination was associated with a significantly lower risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection among those not previously infected (HR 0.031, 95% CI 0.015 to 0.061) but not among those previously infected (HR 0.313, 95% CI 0 to Infinity).

Conclusions Individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from COVID-19 vaccination, and vaccines can be safely prioritized to those who have not been infected before.
    Where is that from--or did you already post and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    there is a much bigger lab in brazil where the results differed. good luck, cs
    Different results because different variants?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    1. Yes, in South Africa showing high reinfection rates for natural infection with the wild type against reinfection with the N501Y South Africa Strain.
    2. There is a good study showing excellent protection from a single dose of mRNA for those with previous natural infection.

I don't have the links in front of me.
    You're all the source I need. Thanks.
    I wonder if people who have had covid and one mRNA shot will have trouble convincing the building checking at the door that they are fully vaccinated.