Page 242 of 929 FirstFirst ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 23206
    I'm trying. Too nice a day to hang around but I'd still like to know what strikes you as censorship. I won't debate it.

So yourself. Do you shave yet?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Just for reference, how old are you guys? Im genuinely curious.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I'd still like to know what strikes you as censorship.
    When legitimate news sources won't give equal time to nutjob conspiracy theories, the nutjobs consider that censorship. That's when they start telling you they "do their own research."

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    When legitimate news sources won't give equal time to nutjob conspiracy theories, the nutjobs consider that censorship. That's when they start telling you they "do their own research."
    Not to toss a wrench in the mix, but what news source is "legitimate"? They all have their angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Not to toss a wrench in the mix, but what news source is "legitimate"? They all have their angles.

Sure they all have their angles, and most will omit information that runs contrary to their preferred narrative, but that's different than spreading outright misinformation which seems so rampant these days. And it falls far short of "censorship" IMO.

For example, in the context of the 2020 election, by what measure are the "steal" claims thereof legitimate? Especially in light of all 60+ challenges being struck down in the courts.

There's a difference between "spin" and reporting the facts. One media giant is far more guilty of err in one of those regards.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Try PBS Newshour. They invite both sides to speak and then discuss the differences. There is no yelling. There are no insults. They don't always agree but they do listen.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Just for reference, how old are you guys? Im genuinely curious.
    I'm 32 and I thought you were a fuckhead the first time around. Go ahead and get lost again, nobody missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I have a ski acquaintance who is currently a tech and in school to be an RN who is refusing to get vaccinated until it is mandatory. He is convinced it will become mandatory eventually. I asked him why wait if you are going to get it anyways. His answer is that he’s worked in the hospital for the last year plus around Covid and he hasn’t gotten it yet so why would he get sick now. I asked him if he really thought the vaccine wouldn’t improve any immunity he may already have, and he seemed to have not really thought about that. I was incredulous.
    The number of techs and nurses that I work with that entirely lack critical thinking skills is astonishing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm 32 and I thought you were a fuckhead the first time around. Go ahead and get lost again, nobody missed you.
    32? From your posting style I thought you were as old as Benny or Wooley. You’re too young to be so miserable

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Try PBS Newshour. They invite both sides to speak and then discuss the differences. There is no yelling. There are no insults. They don't always agree but they do listen.
    I get NPR & BBC feeds, very neutral

PBS is certainly legitimate, although its progressive bias is pretty strong (a bias I share btw)--it sometimes has a hard time separating news and opinion. Or maybe it's best to consider only the opening segment as news reporting, and even there a lot of opinion is worked in--true for some of its reporters more than others. The progressive slant is apparent not just in its editorializing but in its choice of subjects.
    NPR is more neutral in its reporting.
    A legitimate news source is one that does its own reporting, that has sources in the areas it reports on, that checks facts, and that separates reporting from opinion. The NYT and WSJ are both legitimate news organizations with strong editorial biases and reputations for accurate reporting.

And we have the CBC
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    32? From your posting style I thought you were as old as Benny or Wooley. You’re too young to be so miserable
    I lol'd.

Looks as though I was right on the money by refusing to accept this poison.

Latest studies indicate this "vax" is not operating as they thought. Spike proteins are forming in and around the heart brain and ovaries. What do spike proteins do? cause among other things massive inflammation.

Just curious how many of you plan to poison your children with this?

What's a heart brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobie Dick View Post

Latest studies indicate this "vax" is not operating as they thought. Spike proteins are forming in and around the heart brain and ovaries. What do spike proteins do? cause among other things massive inflammation.

1 has been "poisoned" already cause she's 12, both wife and I have been "poisoned" as well. No brain swelling yet except after reading your post.

Know what creates spike protein in extreme quantities? COVID-19

Social media is feeding this shit... people pick their tribe, then justify their choice with confirmation bias selected bullshit in an endless cycle of hysteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobie Dick View Post

Vax in quotes?

If you think these vaccines cause spike proteins and inflammation in your body wait until you try covid19. I hear it’s all that and more! Thousands of dead people - I wonder if they had any inflammation prior to death?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

I blocked him as soon as I signed up. I can't handle it.
    Last edited by AEV; 06-13-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Very true. And then censorship just exacerbated it. It was like the perfect shitstorm of disinformation from all sides, mostly the right thinking certain things as evidence when they are not. Nobody knows and noone can say shit frankly, but asking all questions and investigating all angles needed to be allowed from the get go, no matter who asks them. That censorship shit freaks a lot of people out. Not just fringe conspiracy theorists, not just right wingers or trumpers. Speaking of conspiracy theorists, that makes them think they have evidence for their conspiracy theories. Censorship is proof in their minds. Not good, all the way around.

The politicization of everything is ruining our responses as humans. It's coming from all sides.
    This is pretty reasonable. Though censorship is too strong a word. There have been bias in news outlets and not so much bias in news outlets but the doctors they brought on as experts. Some are but the media has to fill in pages and air time so sometimes the Op-eds and interviews showed bias without a lot of data. Sometimes here was more straightforward and stated the uncertainty. But lower level docs don't want to seem that they don't have all the answers and over state the actual knowledge level.

The Swedish approach for example. Many people wanted it to work. I think the med establishment in NA didn't want to discuss it in a rational way. Its difficult making a plan into the future with lots of unknows. The vast % of the population has real difficulty with uncertainty.

The lab leak theory would be another. It was actively censored on social media. We will never stop hearing about it from conspiracy theorists if it turns out to be true.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Twelve people are responsible for 65% of Vaccine disinformation on the internet.
    (The article says they will often show the V sign in videos instead of saying 'vaccine' in order to avoid detection).

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/99657...vaccine-hoaxes

Facebook and Twitter suck.

No, not everyone’s opinion deserves to be heard

Some opinions are backed by research, direct experience, expertise, etc.
    Some are just spouting “opinions” (whether intentional trolling/misinformation or just misinformed arrogance or tribalism)

Usually it’s category II that gets outraged about partisanship or censorship or freedom of press because they have nothing of substance to back them up under scrutiny