Page 106 of 199 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Next Land Cruiser. Probably a Lexus if America gets it. The GR S trim is triple locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Next Land Cruiser. Probably a Lexus if America gets it. The GR S trim is triple locked.

They've already said America will NOT be getting it. Supposedly the 300 we get is a Lexusized mom mobile.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Right, Lexus. It wouldn't surprise me if the off-road trim makes it over with the J201 and GXOR concepts.

Has anyone besides me made a reservation for a Ford Lightning?
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Has anyone besides me made a reservation for a Ford Lightning?
    I'm not sure I'll ever wear out my 2016 Chevy Colorado, but I have to say I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I'm not sure I'll ever wear out my 2016 Chevy Colorado, but I have to say I'm intrigued.

My '18 150 is not worn out..but... IF I can get a good sell price for it and make enough income to fully use the federal income tax credit...and there is a chance that Biden / Congress increases the credit...then it might be very close to an even $ cost to buy...and getting a new warranty as well in the deal
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

That truck looks amazing.

That was a good explainer
    Impressive effort by ford

You can get this on Alibaba for $2K
    https://electrek.co/2021/06/05/aweso...-pickup-truck/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alibaba-pickup-truck.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	376822

I kind of like the electric Jeep for $1,700.
    https://electrek.co/2021/06/09/that-...hat-showed-up/

Name:	mini-jeep-header.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	376823

yeah I think its a winner ^^ F-150 has been the most popular vehical ( not just truck ) in America for > 40 yrs so they already have the loyal customers, the dealers

but how is charging infrastructure down thar ? I think there area lot of places up here i couldn't reach with an EV like i'm not sure about making it to AK ferinstance but give it a few years and that will change
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    So Maverick is category 3 on Chup's list, which from my viewpoint is basically a Subaru Baja. What's the point of these car trucks? I have friends that own Ridgelines and love them but I'm not sure why. If you're carrying 3+ bikes regularly it's maybe better than putting them on a rack? Definitely better for transporting dead stuff (does an ungulate fit in a 4.5' bed)? Is there some piece of sporting equipment that fits better in a micro bed vs hitch rack or roof (foil board)? Otherwise I see a car with an open/unsecured cargo area. WHHHYYY?
    A co-worker has a Ridgeline. Has a 70 mile R/T commute. Got it in part for the MPG, the AWD aspect, and he hauls some small lawn and garden stuff in it as well as working with a church group that collects donations. Usually smaller items. Easy to just throw in the back of the truck and go. 'mericans are funny with the truck culture thingy. Some just like the looks I guess.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Well my '07 Frontier is on it's last legs. Or at least I am tired of dropping $800, a thousand bucks there to keep it running. So this rig is in my top 3 for considerations. But I am hoping to get another 2 years out of the Frontier before I pull the trigger on the next truck. Hopefully by then there are a few more EV truck options to consider, and prices are not insanely expensive.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

really want an electric truck but not interested in being an early adopter and also want it to be a truck - will get used mostly for towing and some commuting. prefer a standard bed extended cab. seems a double cab short bed is all the rage these days?
    not wanting to hold out for this forever so just sold my '01 ram 2500 and picked up a ranger. smallest truck that can safely tow the boat. stoked on it so far, though i question how long all the electronics will hold up (more so on an e-truck)

Amazing! .......a ford that runs

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    You can get this on Alibaba for $2K
    https://electrek.co/2021/06/05/aweso...-pickup-truck/

Name:	alibaba-pickup-truck.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	376822

I kind of like the electric Jeep for $1,700.
    https://electrek.co/2021/06/09/that-...hat-showed-up/

Name:	mini-jeep-header.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	376823
    Kinda funny you can buy an electric car for under $2k but an electric mountain bike costs $10k. Oh what a time to be alive.

The lightning is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Your skis fit in an 8 foot bed?
    FFS. I would have expected someone to give this observation the acknowledgement it deserves by now.

+1 sir. And yes, the smallest ski in a real man's quiver is a 260 in Aeverflex.

We'll likely put down a deposit soon. It checks all of our boxes. I can get Carbondale to Taos or Moab, or Boulder towing a camper with a 20-40 minute charge. It's rare that we don't stop anyway. It'll just be a more, let's get electrons and food on the same stop.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We'll likely put down a deposit soon. It checks all of our boxes. I can get Carbondale to Taos or Moab, or Boulder towing a camper with a 20-40 minute charge. It's rare that we don't stop anyway. It'll just be a more, let's get electrons and food on the same stop.
    Where?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah I think its a winner ^^ F-150 has been the most popular vehical ( not just truck ) in America for > 40 yrs so they already have the loyal customers, the dealers

but how is charging infrastructure down thar ? I think there area lot of places up here i couldn't reach with an EV like i'm not sure about making it to AK ferinstance but give it a few years and that will change
    I haven't the patience to wade through the numbers, but the ford #1 claim always tweeked me in some way. Has anyone ever taken the numbers, and combined total truck sales between GMC and Chev to see if the truck claims by ford are true. Or is this just another american idiot consumer hype that is allowed to perpetuate by the big3? Doesn't really matter, drive lots of all 3 in various pickup late models in addition to tacomas, and they all have their plus and minuses.

Theyre the least expensive full size or atleast ever so slightly better than a ram

NTTIAWWT

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I haven't the patience to wade through the numbers, but the ford #1 claim always tweeked me in some way. Has anyone ever taken the numbers, and combined total truck sales between GMC and Chev to see if the truck claims by ford are true. Or is this just another american idiot consumer hype that is allowed to perpetuate by the big3? Doesn't really matter, drive lots of all 3 in various pickup late models in addition to tacomas, and they all have their plus and minuses.
    I believe the GM combined sales numbers are just slightly higher than f150. GM will release a competitor next year. Right now I could probably sell my Sierra for more than I paid for it, and come out with a new ev truck in a year or more at even money. However I figure I’ll let the gen 1 bugs manifest before I buy an ev truck. I’m an electrician and firmly believe that electric motors will prove to be far superior to ice engines. My only doubt that is that companies will cut corners to start. But the fact that Ford came out with an ev that looks normal is huge. GM and Chrysler will follow, and ev vehicles that don’t look like sci-fi vehicles well drastically improve acceptance. I’d be beyond shocked if I ever buy a new ice vehicle again in my life. And installing ev charging stations might be my ticket to prosperity

I don't know how the numbers stack up, but I think Ford makes that claim based on everything from a F150 up through the F750. GM splits between the Silverado and Sierra, but doesn't use those names above the 3500 - they go to the Topkick/ Kodiak.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I look forward to trying out production-level etruck. Efficiencies in range are close, and within range for 3/4 of the work. We don't have a public or fleet plug-in installation yet, but other public moneys have got them in range for all the rest of our operating areas with the exception of <10 truly way out there work.

Its a bit of a race between the ice and e's for the govt contract yet, but the hybrids are ubiquitous now. The big3 will dictate the styling, in one fashion or the other. F150 in the lead of a fixed race I guess

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    So Maverick is category 3 on Chup's list, which from my viewpoint is basically a Subaru Baja. What's the point of these car trucks? I have friends that own Ridgelines and love them but I'm not sure why. If you're carrying 3+ bikes regularly it's maybe better than putting them on a rack? Definitely better for transporting dead stuff (does an ungulate fit in a 4.5' bed)? Is there some piece of sporting equipment that fits better in a micro bed vs hitch rack or roof (foil board)? Otherwise I see a car with an open/unsecured cargo area. WHHHYYY?
    What are you regularly carrying, other than a truck camper, that won’t fit in a small pickup? An 8 ft bed is on what, 5%-10% of trucks on the road?