Page 371 of 465 FirstFirst ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You must have missed the memo. We’ve gotten so many WFHers up in here that mountain communities are now self-sustaining. We don’t need Franger Danger any more to keep the lights on. In fact, the more they stay east of Evergreen the better, they just get in the way of the real big spenders.
    Exactly.

Except the occasional front ranger who likes to drop well over 4 million in breck. There are a few. My kind of people.

The rest are new money fake money posers

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Well you guys will be singing a different tune when they pass the law to evict everyone not born here or here before 1990

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

You must have missed the memo. We’ve gotten so many WFHers up in here that mountain communities are now self-sustaining. We don’t need Franger Danger any more to keep the lights on. In fact, the more they stay east of Evergreen the better, they just get in the way of the real big spenders.
    Those communities aren’t self sustaining. Even the Silverthorne outlets are closing one by one due to low turnout. Now all the Frangers are going to Castle Rock.
    And who’s going to pay for expensive meals out at places like Sauce on the Blue or Bread+Salt?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Those communities aren’t self sustaining. Even the Silverthorne outlets are closing one by one due to low turnout. Now all the Frangers are going to Castle Rock.
    And who’s going to pay for expensive meals out at places like Sauce on the Blue or Bread+Salt?
    If you think that the outlet stores are a barometer of the economy in Summit county, you have no idea what you are talking about.

What are we talking about again? How to tuck your Carhartt's in your Mucks? But seriously, please drive slowly, smile & wave and don't take yourself so seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Rough weekend? Weather got people down? #van life delivers brah

Was the dude w twenty trash bags and all his belongings hanging out at the fairplay traffic light or was he back in hartsel this weekend?

#Metro fairplay bring the traffic circle its coming by 2030

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    That dude blows me away, he spends a bunch of time down here in Poncha Springs and Salida, i think his range is basically from here up to Bailey. He moves that pile of crap 100 yards at a time between salida and poncha, but someone has too drive him and that pile between towns. That simply amazes me that someone would load all of that into their truck and move it for him.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

not sure if Ryan makes it down your way either?
    heard is range is from longmont to aspen he certainly likes breckenridge and mostly goes up and down I 70, just hope he never starts walking 70 comes across a crack in the road and has trouble getting around it, sometimes he gets stuck for hours trying to get around the crack
    the freaky thing is he has a thing for babies and gets pretty excited by them, sometimes he gets carried away and spooks the parents even though he's harmless

had major traffic issues yesterday had to put the car in park for five or so minutes on some dirt road neighborhood yesterday while mom and a two week old moose wouldn't get out of the way poor little moose kept falling down and getting back up looked like a stuffed animal

If you think that the outlet stores are a barometer of the economy in Summit county, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sarcasm
    Alcohol.

I need to head out to GJ/Fruita this afternoon for a baseball tournament and some biking. Is there any better way to avoid the shitshow from the construction on Vail pass? Was pondering a not so short cut to Leadville/Minturn but don't want to make it worse by adding a bunch of mileage if it isn't going to save me any time.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I need to head out to GJ/Fruita this afternoon for a baseball tournament and some biking. Is there any better way to avoid the shitshow from the construction on Vail pass? Was pondering a not so short cut to Leadville/Minturn but don't want to make it worse by adding a bunch of mileage if it isn't going to save me any time.
    G-wood canyon will probably be more of an issue, and no, there's not really any shortcuts around that or VP that will make a significant dent in your travel time, and there's a good chance that they'd make it longer. Best bet is to leave as early as possible.

Gracias. That's kind of what I thought and appreciate the info.

^^^ 4x4 with snowplow over Hagerman Pass?

It's got to be hot as ballz in the junk. It's 94 in dotsero.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I need to head out to GJ/Fruita this afternoon for a baseball tournament and some biking. Is there any better way to avoid the shitshow from the construction on Vail pass.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0591.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	367.9 KB 
ID:	376417

I had a melt down somewhere between silverthorne and breck today

someone unleashed the gapers on us for the summer its bad real bad
    I keep clicking my heals together and begging for another covid shut down like last april and may
    at least I rallied the traffic circle squeeled my tires while doing it and drove on the center concrete part to make me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I had a melt down somewhere between silverthorne and breck today

someone unleashed the gapers on us for the summer its bad real bad
    I keep clicking my heals together and begging for another covid shut down like last april and may
    at least I rallied the traffic circle squeeled my tires while doing it and drove on the center concrete part to make me feel better
    Already bad? Don’t people work anymore?

Glad you took out your rage on a traffic circle

Car fire in SilverPlume, 70 east is fucked. Guess I'm watching the Avs season end in Summit.
    Who has the biggest big screens in FriscoTown?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Car fire in SilverPlume, 70 east is fucked. Guess I'm watching the Avs season end in Summit.
    Who has the biggest big screens in FriscoTown?
    I don't watch sportsball but TVs at restaurants distract me so I kinda can think of who has them.

You can probably find a good screen many places in Frisco (Uptown (used to be Boatyard), Ollies, Tavern West, Moose Jaw (dive), even Hacienda Real (best authentic mexican)) or Dillonthorne (Red Mountain Grill, Dillon Dam Brewery, or even Nozawa if you want sushi).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ollies
    Ended up at Ollie's, in need of distraction. Full scrub attire, but at least I had a hat in my car. The beer is flowing like wine, so there's that.

Well, i70 is now closed in Silverthorne

Craziness on I70 EB tonight. Drove past a small wildfire halfway between S’thorne and the tunnel (not sure WTF started it), then hit the traffic for the Silver Plume burnt semi that took the turn too fast and flipped. Got off at Bakersville to try and leapfrog up on the frontage road to Silver Plume but a cop was blocking that! Had to get back on and after the smoldering truck, there was another accident between G’town and Empire and this time I got through on the frontage road. Got back on at Empire, smooth sailing until another full stop near the St Mary’s exit. Got off again to the frontage road and went through Idaho Springs until I passed the construction/lane closure. Then all clear to Denver. Holy fuck 🤬🤬🤬
    Go fuck yourself I70!!!!

I have to make that drive tomorrow or find another route to Longmont.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I have to make that drive tomorrow or find another route to Longmont.
    Google tells me Ute Pass to Rollins Pass ftw