Page 211 of 929 FirstFirst ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 23206
    and didn't god do a plague or some shit like that in the olden days?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Be curious to see what the stats are among teens going forward. From what I've seen so far (being around high schoolers pretty much daily) they have a totally different attitude toward the pandemic than a lot of adults.
    Same curiosity. My 16yo daughter got the shot as soon as humanly possible. Anti science idiots are dead to her mentality.

Australia has 13 Covid cases in the entire country without close to as many vax as we have. Guess consistent messaging across parties, science, lockdowns and contact tracing work. Huh.
    Last edited by KQ; 05-11-2021 at 11:23 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Australia has 13 Covid cases in the entire country without close to add many vax as we have. Guess consistent messaging across parties, science lockdowns and contact tracing work. Huh.
    Cross posting your source

https://youtu.be/viT8_KCzaTU

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Cross posting your source

https://youtu.be/viT8_KCzaTU
    Yup. PBS Newshour is the best.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

What the fuck are you vaccine hesitant cowards afraid of? What type of moron is afraid of a vaccine? It’s one of the safest interventions known to man. Fucking Advil and Tylenol are more dangerous.

We have been in a global pandemic for over a year and now that we have the chance to vanquish the enemy you are going to get squeamish and decide to let it off the ropes? Yea sure, just go ahead and keep transmitting, not like there are already variants that are more contagious, more deadly and affect younger populations. You’re choosing the outcome of Afghanistan over WWII? What kind of pussies are you?

Love the questions too, “are we going to give kids the same dose as an adult?” Yea, the fucking army of scientists who spent their lives studying this shit didn’t think of that one. They are all like gee, “let’s give the Nobel Prize to this janitor for realizing that we should consider whether to give different doses to people who weigh 1/6th of what an adult does”. Shut the fuck up you ignorant twat. You aren’t special and you aren’t very bright. Maybe instead of just asking questions whose answers are known, just not by your ignorant ass, you should actually listen to the fucking experts.

Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Solid rant.

24hrs post Pfizer round 1. No ill effects, even my arm is not particularly sore.

Was fantastic to see how the big machine had really get going around here; the vax cite was like from a disaster movie, shit ton of people working together like clockwork. I walked in (with dozens of others, all spaced out), 20 secs later I'm in a booth where they check the ID, jab and assign a date for the second round, then out. From door to door, 2 mins max. Then a voluntary 10 min wait outside where the were nurses waiting with defibs & epis.

The only small gripe is that the 2nd shot is 10 weeks away due to the current vax shortages. Our government decided to prioritise with coverage, max amount of people instead of full immunisation. Apparently there are not much studies about postponing the 2nd shot past the recommended 3 weeks(?) interval, so lets see how this pans out...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I didn't mean to set off such a shit storm, but such is life...lol

For those in the know...I have not seen much as it relates to if you had COVID already, how does that affect vaccinations? Especially in the 3 to 5 yo range? When the wife and I had it, our kids both had low grade temps for about a week. Not really any other major symptom and no positive test, etc. Could they maybe do an anti-body test for the little ones to help determine specific vaccination plan for that specific kid?
    Goddamn the usa is a great country. Only in the usa can someone so fucking stupid you wonder if they are capable of masturbation make money on the regular.

the only reason you have these questions gretch be goldemembrr is you listen to stupid fucking rightwing news that feeds you garabage. Stop doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Solid rant.
    it really was

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Just dropped in... are you vaxxed people (I’ve been vaxxed since feb) still feeling a need to wear a mask? If so why? I still do in stores that require but it feels ridiculous. My wife isn’t vaxxed for health reasons, so that’s a weird place to be..she wears a mask when she goes out which is rare
    I'm wearing one anywhere I'm being asked to, same as always. Our governor lifted the outside mask mandate so I'm not wearing one walking my dog around the neighborhood anymore.

Just dropped in... are you vaxxed people (I’ve been vaxxed since feb) still feeling a need to wear a mask? If so why? I still do in stores that require but it feels ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I do it still. Same reason I always did it...for other people to be (or feel) safe.
    So. Simple's admitting that wearing a mask post-vaccination is nothing but "Covid Theater"? If it's just to make people "feel safe," sounds kinda unscientific if you ask me. I want to see ANY evidence that people who are vaccinated are any significant vector of transmission.
    What I HAVE seen is this and it seems promising: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7013e3.htm
    So, yes. KenJong. It IS ridiculous that people feel the strong 'need' to wear their masks post-vaccination. Unless they're just trying to signal to other that they're a member of the Branch Covidians. Worshipping at the altar of Saint Fauci. After the world is vaccinated and we've reached some reasonable level of herd immunity, whatever that is, then wearing masks will just be the new equivalent of the Jesus fish. Especially those who wear them while alone in their cars cruising down the interstate.

Likely we will never reach herd immunity. Because jokers like Monturkey will never take it seriously. It's the I'm not scared of anything crowd...when really they are steered by their deep insecurities of inadequacy. White men are funny that way.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What the fuck are you vaccine hesitant cowards afraid of? What type of moron is afraid of a vaccine? It’s one of the safest interventions known to man. Fucking Advil and Tylenol are more dangerous.

We have been in a global pandemic for over a year and now that we have the chance to vanquish the enemy you are going to get squeamish and decide to let it off the ropes? Yea sure, just go ahead and keep transmitting, not like there are already variants that are more contagious, more deadly and affect younger populations. You’re choosing the outcome of Afghanistan over WWII? What kind of pussies are you?

Love the questions too, “are we going to give kids the same dose as an adult?” Yea, the fucking army of scientists who spent their lives studying this shit didn’t think of that one. They are all like gee, “let’s give the Nobel Prize to this janitor for realizing that we should consider whether to give different doses to people who weigh 1/6th of what an adult does”. Shut the fuck up you ignorant twat. You aren’t special and you aren’t very bright. Maybe instead of just asking questions whose answers are known, just not by your ignorant ass, you should actually listen to the fucking experts.

Fuck.

A++, would read again
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Fuck.

Quoting for awesomeness......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    So. Simple's admitting that wearing a mask post-vaccination is nothing but "Covid Theater"? If it's just to make people "feel safe," sounds kinda unscientific if you ask me. I want to see ANY evidence that people who are vaccinated are any significant vector of transmission.
    What I HAVE seen is this and it seems promising: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7013e3.htm
    So, yes. KenJong. It IS ridiculous that people feel the strong 'need' to wear their masks post-vaccination. Unless they're just trying to signal to other that they're a member of the Branch Covidians. Worshipping at the altar of Saint Fauci. After the world is vaccinated and we've reached some reasonable level of herd immunity, whatever that is, then wearing masks will just be the new equivalent of the Jesus fish. Especially those who wear them while alone in their cars cruising down the interstate.
    Why are you so butthurt about others wearing masks?
    What harm does it cause to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Now that mask mandates are dropped where I live, I try to let the science guide me. Indoors within 6 feet of people for 15 minutes? It's still a good idea to mask. And of course if a business requires it, or if the employees are wearing them, then I will still wear one out of respect for them.

What I won't do is turn masking (or not) into a political statement because that's exactly what Trump and his followers did and it infuriated me. I am happy to shed the thing in situations where it is obviously not helping.

Got second Pfizer yesterday. Slept like shit, felt like I was gonna throw up, muscles were bothering me all night. Feel a lot better this morning, good enough to drink weak coffee anyway.

We're only at 60ish percent first shot and all of the stores around me still require masks. I wear a mask to make others feel comfortable socializing in youth sports etc., as it's not exactly like I had my vaccine card made poster sized and put on my back. Another person wearing a mask doesn't impact you in the slightest, so put on your big boy pants and do something useful rather than whining about others exercising their freedom to wear a mask if they want to.
    I also see a positive trend in some of the masking, as my son had a cold (we tested, not covid) and wore a mask when I visited a friends house to pick up a package as he didn't want to give the cold to them.

Since I don't have a big V on my forehead that proves I've had my shots wearing the mask where required is the kind thing to do, it's not theater it's being part of the team during the biggest team play in history.

At what point is it safe to say that anyone who has a desire to get the vaccine has had the opportunity to get it? And therefore we can stop pandering to this idea of “making people feel safe”.

I will continue to wear the mask where they are required and where the science backs it. But god damn, continuing to wear them to make everyone “feel safe” is about the worst justification I’ve heard so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Why are you so butthurt about others wearing masks?
    What harm does it cause to you?

Saw a snippet of a committee hearing where a GOP member was yelling at a Dem for wearing a mask after being vax and the mixed message it sends to the poor confused public.

I screamed at the TV "why do you care if they wear as mask?"

Forkin nuts that someone wearing a mask after getting vax is such an issue. It's like accosting someone for not immediately unbuckling their seat belt when they stop their car. They will when they are ready. Freedom of choice baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I’ve lived in Aus for a very long time, and I’ve lived in the US for a very long time, so I like to tell myself I have a bit of an understanding of both countries.

The things we’ve done here to stop the spread of boomer remover would never fly in the US for a whole bunch of complicated reasons.

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to say “look how good Aus has done in comparison to the US”. We have a hell of a lot less people, generally living in much lower densities, with a maritime border that was shut down early on (except to citizens and permanent residents coming home, who have to go into mandatory 14 days of hotel quarantine on arrival, which they pay for, and which is where all our cases and outbreaks now originate from).

So yeah, pretty much no one gets the spicy cough and no one is dying from it - at the moment. But we’ve got drop bears, snakes, spiders, box jellyfish, crocs and emus to fight off so...
    But you can compare the government response and the impact it had on lives lost.

Just dropped in... are you vaxxed people (I’ve been vaxxed since feb) still feeling a need to wear a mask? If so why? I still do in stores that require but it feels ridiculous. My wife isn’t vaxxed for health reasons, so that’s a weird place to be..she wears a mask when she goes out which is rare
    Yes, anytime in a public indoor space/bus/etc; I also work at a school and my wife in healthcare, so it has been and continues to be blindingly normal to mask up. Masks were never an issue from the get-go, don't infringe on my concept of "liberty" or self and for the time being, should still be used by the public, in those settings, until "the science" says otherwise. While the Israeli data shows a high probability for much lower transmission between vaccinated populations, there's no guarantee that you (vaxxed you) won't have it or get it in the current environment of agitated anti-vaxxers, mouth breathing and celebrating the decrease in mask mandates. My hope is that by late-summer we're at a point that it's no longer necessary, but I'm happy to wait till then.

And with regards to the "Kids+Vaxx" dumpster fire here - our boys will be two in August and we'll plan on get them juiced up when pfizer is available. Not really any hesitation on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Saw a snippet of a committee hearing where a GOP member was yelling at a Dem for wearing a mask after being vax and the mixed message it sends to the poor confused public.

I screamed at the TV "why do you care if they wear as mask?"

Forkin nuts that someone wearing a mask after getting vax is such an issue. It's like accosting someone for not immediately unbuckling their seat belt when they stop their car. They will when they are ready. Freedom of choice baby!
    I see your analogy and that's certainly true in one direction, but it's also true in the other direction, as in it's like the other person in the car accosting someone for unbuckling their seat belt after the car's come to a stop. They're ready to get out of the car and go on about their day but the scared passenger doesn't want either to take off their seatbelts yet in case the car accidentally starts moving again.

There's certainly a divide these days about that. One side is yelling at the other for still wearing their masks post-vaccination because it feels unnecessary. The opposite side is yelling at the other for NOT wearing their masks post-vaccination because it makes them feel scared.

Still wearing in grocery stores and stuff but 100% recognize that it IS purely performative at this point. I've taken a couple lyfts and after telling the driver I was vaxed we both took our masks off. I've eaten inside now. I've been to a bar. Looking forward to going to a movie again. The science says that after you are vaccinated your risk of a serious case of COVID is essentially zero. This is the message that needs to be spread far and wide. I bet most of the people on here couldn't tell you withing a couple orders of magnitude how likely you are to be hospitalized after being vaccinated.

https://www.vox.com/22423098/covid-1...-herd-immunity
    All three vaccines also drove the risk of hospitalization and death to nearly zero.

It’s this evidence that’s made experts confident the vaccines let them stop worrying about their own Covid-19 risk. “I am fully vaccinated and have resumed normal activities,” Monica Gandhi, an infectious diseases doctor at the University of California San Francisco, told me. “I have gone indoor dining, went to my first movie theater, and would go to a bar if there was an opportunity!”

I see your analogy and that's certainly true in one direction, but it's also true in the other direction, as in it's like the other person in the car accosting someone for unbuckling their seat belt after the car's come to a stop. They're ready to get out of the car and go on about their day but the scared passenger doesn't want either to take off their seatbelts yet in case the car accidentally starts moving again.

There's certainly a divide these days about that. One side is yelling at the other for still wearing their masks post-vaccination because it feels unnecessary. The opposite side is yelling at the other for NOT wearing their masks post-vaccination because it makes them feel scared.
    In your mind there are two sides. It perpetuates the culture war. Lots of us who can discuss it and not chose a side. It's called the "don't be a dick" model. Politicians can't do that but regular people can. Be a normal person at some point and ignore the culture war.