Page 550 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 27101
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Truth.

I'm the only person I know that had plans to build and was like, maybe this isn't the right time? Well and you Austin. Stick to your guns, the housing market might have legs but the materials prices don't. Trees grow literally every day.
    I think it will be next spring before lumber price increases slow down. True, the trees will be a foot taller by then, but will a growing tree in the forest get cut down if there's no logger to cut it down? And once the tree finally is felled, who is going to haul it to the mill? And once it gets to the mill, who is going to mill it? And so on and so on....

Luckily the loggers and mills I deal with aren't upgrading equipment and just buying new parts because they can't get new equipment. Same with the farmers. Pretty soon they won't be able to get parts. It will be back to felling trees by hand and getting out the horses.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    ^do you like your own posts on facebook too?
    No Faceplant for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Funny comments fer sure my job sucks cock I hate it but the money is nice I guess
    Waiting or putting projects on hold is good but then what 2007 2001 they were all busts it was funny in2009 some people started back in on spec homes we thought they were crazy but bam they finished sold instantly as shit turned around w great profit margins
    And fuck the planning dept I be giving the mayor a call next week I like be the nicest piece of shit out there then you catch them and call em out on it blindsided people hate being made into fools

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    ^do you like your own posts on facebook too?
    Post of the month....and its only the 7th!

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Sounds like I’m not the only one sitting on a pile of cash waiting for housing or construction markets to moderate. What’s the play for the next 6-18 months for that cash? (I think Rootskier asked this question awhile back as well.)
    I'm all in on Dogecoin.

For real though...I am still trying to figure this out. I have way too much cash sitting in a .05% credit union savings account but I just can't risk the remodel $$$ in the market. I think the best advice was a "high-interest" savings account which will return like .5% at best, as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It will be back to felling trees by hand and getting out the horses.
    I’m all for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High lumber prices leads to high toilet paper prices. Screw DOGE, by Charmin!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/busin...per/index.html

Toilet paper prices increased 15.6% during the 52 weeks ending May 1 compared to the year prior, according to the latest numbers from NielsenIQ, which tracks point of sale data from retailers.
    Kimberly Clark (KMB), the maker of Scott toilet paper, plans to increase prices to retailers on Scott and its other brands by mid-to-high single-digit percentages next month. The increases "are necessary to help offset significant commodity cost inflation," Kimberly-Clark said.
    "Selling prices of tissue products are influenced, in part, by the market price for pulp," the company said in its latest securities' filing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I'm all in on Dogecoin.

For real though...I am still trying to figure this out. I have way too much cash sitting in a .05% credit union savings account but I just can't risk the remodel $$$ in the market. I think the best advice was a "high-interest" savings account which will return like .5% at best, as far as I can tell.
    Already doing that but if inflation is 2.6%.....

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Post of the month....and its only the 7th!
    Speaking of whiny cunts
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Brother in law is booked to build urban outfitters all over usa through 2022

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

kanab utah
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...75772197_zpid/
    my friend bought 10 acres for $60000 there two years ago. The lot bordered 89 and you could hear the traffic on the rumble strips. Lot next to his just sold for $200,000.
    here is a deal in Fredonia
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...0925776_zpid/?
    maybe you can still find something in Colorado City
    off your knees Louie

Inventory in my target areas is increasing and the Redfin trend has ticked a couple points lower. It’s good news that California population declined for the first time ever. Hopefully evictions, forebearance, and landlord seller supply will work in my favor soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    kanab utah
    my friend bought 10 acres for $60000 there two years ago. The lot bordered 89 and you could hear the traffic on the rumble strips. Lot next to his just sold for $200,000.
    W. T. F?

'don't tell anybody, but her husband preferred Clark Gable too'

95 days = kiss of death

"unique" "potential" and "interesting" are all code for crap.

lol at "has a document that says that there might be oil in the area"

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    kanab utah
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    'don't tell anybody, but her husband preferred Clark Gable too'

95 days = kiss of death

"unique" "potential" and "interesting" are all code for crap.

lol at "has a document that says that there might be oil in the area"
    This is all bullshit hopeful listings and not a sign of the times. I drove by both areas last month, it's not a new hot spot. Sure I'm looking forward to exploring more of that area and can't wait to go back but i have no dreams of moving near there.

Off the topic question:

Can I get a new appraisal for my house then use the higher price to get rid of PMI? House was purchased for 650k, owe about 540k, would probably appraise for 1mill now. I’d love to get that PMI money in my bank every month if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Off the topic question:

Can I get a new appraisal for my house then use the higher price to get rid of PMI? House was purchased for 650k, owe about 540k, would probably appraise for 1mill now. I’d love to get that PMI money in my bank every month if possible.

Yes. But you should talk to your lender/servicer about the process and what they require. Don't just get a random appraiser out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Your specific mortgage co will have a list of approved appraisers. Pre-covid, the approved appraisers were all the good ol boy dickbags that "want to stem the appreciation wave of our community" and would lowball your shit, but now the market is gangbusters and they don't really have a leg to stand on so you shouldn't have to much trouble, assuming you didn't get this mortgage within the last year or so.

Point being, don't just get an appraisal, you'll need to check with your specific mortgage co and see what they need.
    Live Free or Die

Also, since it hasn’t been mentioned, this is typically spelled out in your mortgage documents, so you should review those before just trusting what the person on the other end of the phone tells you.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    As much as this can suck personally, this is the sign of an equitable and successful negotiation.
    FWIW, I am in the natural resource extraction/wildland management sector and regularly sit at the table between granola munchers and cold-blooded capitalists, with a healthy side component of NIMBYism.
    I prefer to recreate alone.
    thro in the FN/ unceded lands/ tsilcotin decision and you either got a real headache or lots of workload forever depending on your POV
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Off the topic question:

Can I get a new appraisal for my house then use the higher price to get rid of PMI?
    Some mortgages have a required amount of PMI time. When I was looking at low down payment mortgages most of them required 24mo of PMI even if it went over 80% Loan to value the day after sale.

Off the topic question:

Damn dude, how old is your mortgage? You probably need to just refi and you’ll lose the PMI in the process as well as get a lower payment, and lower rate. Chances are you won’t need an appraisal either. Unless I’m missing something and you don’t want to refi for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Also, since it hasn’t been mentioned, this is typically spelled out in your mortgage documents, so you should review those before just trusting what the person on the other end of the phone tells you.
    The above is correct. Look for something like the below that spelled out the rules on your loan.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-05-10 142659.png
Views: 712
Size:  223.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    The above is correct. Look for something like the below that spelled out the rules on your loan.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-05-10 142659.png
Views: 712
Size:  223.3 KB
    If that is the contract and I am reading it correctly, PMI can't be canceled even if an appraisal comes in hundreds of thousands higher?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nope, #4 refers to the appraisal being done. Granted, the wording sucks.