Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    We'll see how the weekend looks as far as crowds, but today it was fairly empty. No lines at all, which was great for us, but as a business, I can see why between the lack of snow and the lack of crowds Mammoth is closing the season on Memorial Day Weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8532.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	373860

Given this is the base of the wood today and they’ve been closed a month I think mammy is doing great

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8532.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	373860

Given this is the base of the wood today and they’ve been closed a month I think mammy is doing great

This is going to enrage Ottime.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Those fuckers.

I’ve made my peace with it. Okay. Not really. But there is a reason I did not bother with Fail this year. At least they dropped their price back to closer to where it should be.

Powdork, did you see if there was still snow on the XC side? Thinking of backpacking into Lake Margaret on Memorial Day. There is actually more snow at KW right now than I would have expected. With 108 ope. I won’t be heading over 88 next week to get beta.

And how was the corn cycle at the wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Those fuckers.

I’ve made my peace with it. Okay. Not really. But there is a reason I did not bother with Fail this year. At least they dropped their price back to closer to where it should be.

Powdork, did you see if there was still snow on the XC side? Thinking of backpacking into Lake Margaret on Memorial Day. There is actually more snow at KW right now than I would have expected. With 108 ope. I won’t be heading over 88 next week to get beta.

And how was the corn cycle at the wood?
    Hike to Margaret Lake I would assume will be mostly snow free by then but lots of wet spots. Still plenty of snow there now but 70's next week. Skied the pass today against my better judgment (not even close to a freeze) and it was ok in some spots and fall through to the bottom in others so i was just checking out the wood after an early finish. Good freeze tonight so we're headed there in the am

The first shot is chair 10, Goldrush, at 10 am today. The lines were unbearable! .

Good day today. Shirtless buff dudes and a couple of girls in bikinis -- there was even one in a long shirt and a thong, and the shirt flapped in the wind. Spring skiing is fun!

Oh, yeah, the snow was good too, once it softened, and it never really got super slushy.

Sounds like it sucked.

It did! We'll just suck it up and put up with this hellhole of blue skies, good snow and no lines for a couple more days .

there was even one in a long shirt and a thong, and the shirt flapped in the wind
    pics or it didn't happen.
    swing your fucking sword.

Mammoth 11'053'. Get high not covid 20/21

Can’t make next Friday cause of that work stuff, but will be down next weekend. Looks to be on the cooler side which just makes me smile in mid May. Probably the final lift serve of the year for me and the boy. Tho he is hoping to find some snow to skin come June. Might need to introduce him to Vets and Dookey by then.

To be fair Fido, can’t really see a reason to go up 10 right now. Especially with Coyote groomed you can get to 5 early on a nice steep corn slope. Can imagine anything below 5 is fun to ski, especially once it softens.

[mention]stealurface831 [/mention] , I wish! I was already pushing it. My wife and I take turns leading runs, and this was my turn and we, um, just happened to match the girl's group pace and general direction.

We did take a picture of what looked like the Abercrombie model agency ski trip. And I wish I had seen again today two girls in leggings that looked like the kind of girl that posts selfies at the gym with a quote like "Never stop believing in yourself" but in reality what they mean is "Check out my butt!"

[mention]Ottime [/mention], we did take chair 10, we've been riding all chairs (except for Discovery, because, well, no), and checking out all open runs at least once, since it's probably our last trip of the season we're doing it a fun and relaxing one. But good point about Coyote! I always forget about that one, thanks!

We do spend most of the day at chairs 3, 5 and 23, lots of fun in the upper mountain, with some hero corn!
    Last edited by Fofo; 05-09-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Oh, yeah, and Mammoth makes you feel like everyone has a Sprinter #VanLife.

I’ve already nicknamed 395 the Sprinter Van highway.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

[mention]stealurface831 [/mention] , I wish! I was already pushing it. My wife and I take turns leading runs, and this was my turn and we, um, just happened to match the girl's group pace and general direction.

We did take a picture of what looked like the Abercrombie model agency ski trip. And I wish I had seen again today two girls in leggings that looked like the kind of girl that posts selfies at the gym with a quote like "Never stop believing in yourself" but in reality what they mean is "Check out my butt!"

[mention]Ottime [/mention], we did take chair 10, we've been riding all chairs (except for Discovery, because, well, no), and checking out all open runs at least once, since it's probably our last trip of the season we're doing it a fun and relaxing one. But good point about Coyote! I always forget about that one, thanks!

We do spend most of the day at chairs 3, 5 and 23, lots of fun in the upper mountain, with some hero corn!
    Sure that makes sense. Get out and explore.

Did you notice if Lower Dry Creek goes? I ask, as my soon has a thing. He likes to ski Upper Dry Creek, to Dry Creek to Lower Dry Creek. We did that lower section too often his winter in poor conditions, but it is one of his things.

Also discovered this with that Discovery is a great way to get to 12 when the Gondola stops going to the top and everyone flocks to Broadway and you just want together the fuck out of there. It was my kids idea and was brilliant. We were out of the cluster in seconds as there was no line on Discovery and 12,13,14 never saw a line our entire trip.

Excited for one more trip.

How were the weekend crowds?

they’re not even checking passes today

RFID gates wide open at stump alley
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Did you notice if Lower Dry Creek goes? I ask, as my soon has a thing. He likes to ski Upper Dry Creek, to Dry Creek to Lower Dry Creek. We did that lower section too often his winter in poor conditions, but it is one of his things.

Also discovered this with that Discovery is a great way to get to 12 when the Gondola stops going to the top and everyone flocks to Broadway and you just want together the fuck out of there. It was my kids idea and was brilliant. We were out of the cluster in seconds as there was no line on Discovery and 12,13,14 never saw a line our entire trip.

Excited for one more trip.

How were the weekend crowds?
    The weekend crowds were totally fine. There was only a tiny bit of a line at chair 1 on Saturday, but other than that were pretty much skiing back to the chair.

Sorry, I can't really say about Lower Dry Creek. We're on our way back home on the Sprinter Van Highway, so I can't really check in person, but the couple of times that we were on chair 10 I didn't see anybody on it, and I guess it didn't look inviting since we didn't think about doing it, or the entrance may have been cordoned off. I'm drawing a blank on this one.

That's brilliant about using Discovery to get to 12 when it's crowded! And I do admit to doing a few laps on Discovery I think a couple of years ago on a day when I was on my own and absolutely everything else was on weather hold.

found some freaks

gonna spin chairs again tomorrow

Pretty awesome watching the US Men's team do their thing. GS on ADG and Super G down Gremlins to St. Anton. Looks like all the boys are there. Their GS is just so fricken impressive and when you figure we likely weren't watching the best assuming Ford is still out is crazy. RCS was free skiing next to the courses. When they had all packed up he was going for another couple laps.

Spring skiing is great! I think 2 has 1 more week, maybe? Broadway and ch1 might get 2? It's melting fast though. I'm wondering if Memorial Day will just the upper Mtn? They did that one year even though the old rule was as long as you could ski Broadway.

Did tag a rock on 2nd to last run down Terry's. Argh. Lines were find. No biggy all weekend. Super minimal. Good and firm in the morning and then softening as the day went on. Still not bad at noon though.
    He who has the most fun wins!

let’s ski tomorrow buddy

I unfortunately am back south... With the start of in person school our full time Mammoth residency ended last week after Far West Super G Finals So we are back to weekend warriors...

It was fun while it lasted.
    Last edited by comish; 05-10-2021 at 08:07 PM.
    He who has the most fun wins!

rat farts

Me and a buddy are hitting Mammoth Thursday en route to Vegas.

For a good time, find me at 23 or upper Gondy, or call me at (415) 267-6999

is the upper gondi a thing again?

yeah there’s a glory hole and everything

that’s how supu rolls

Can you define “everything”

And is Supu at 23 or on 23 or lapping 23 or licking 23?

So many questions. Like where is the bunny ranch?

I’ll be there this weekend. Hope they clean the cabins before then.

And yes, mid station loading is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Me and a buddy are hitting Mammoth Thursday en route to Vegas.

For a good time, find me at 23 or upper Gondy, or call me at (415) 267-6999
    Nice!!!

My last couple of years living in Tahoe I would always go down to Vegas for Memorial Day Weekend to party with my college buddies. After a winter spent in mountain bars it was nice to see hot, socal women and good ratios again. I would always take the 95, not the 395, because after a 120 day ski season I was jonesing for parties and hot girls more than Mammoth.

The 95 from Reno to Vegas is, uh, interesting. I would always leave Thursday night and drive for a few hours, staying somewhere between, so that I would not have the 7 hours across the desert in one day. There were a bunch of 'ranches' on the 95, I remember one that said 'truckers welcome' which I thought was pretty funny.

From Mammoth you will probably still hit the bottom of the 95. I'm curious as to whether those ranches are still there, I have not made the drive since May 2003 so I don't know what the route is like now.

Some stretches of the 95 are seriously empty. It would not be a good place to break down.

I wish I could remember the name of the town I spent the night in. It is about half way between Reno and Vegas, give or take.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."