Page 140 of 170 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4250
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Thurston
    Yes, that area.

So it's a local Yellowstone Club then:
    Access to the mountain will be restricted to investors and homeowners, who are expected to be among the "one percent of the richest one percent."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anyone know if solitude uphill is open yet? I gotta go up and find a watch that was lost on closing day.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    was up helping a friend move from silver fk to forest glen yesterday
    there was a road work esque lighted sign sayin no uphill traffic in the moon unit lot
    if ya came from b right on you could ski down hill or traverse and look for it
    in my non legal makes sense to me opinion
    but im not an expert
    i just used to ski a lot there
    in the "if you only knew days"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Apparently Alta will not be including a UTA bus pass as a season pass benefit this year! This has been a long-time season pass benefit at Alta. This action by Alta will make the parking situation there worse and Alta's claims to be an environmentally responsible user of Little Cottonwood Canyon should be evaluated in light of this action. Snowbird is still including the UTA pass with their season passes--this could be a consideration in where you decide to ski this winter.

David R. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    ^^ very well put, I agree with this assessment 100%. but, to shaaaaaaaaaaaarp's original question, south ridge might (or might not) be dry. most ridge scrambles/4th class hikes aren't yet. if anything scrambly is dry, it's likely to be s. ridge.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    What about stuff up broads, im sure you could get up that way with some mixed martial arts hit up Jepsons then head north to Bonkers and ski down, hike out!

YES TGR, IM ALIVE HAHA
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Do you think a person could play the “I’m thinking of investing but need to know the skiing is worth it” card?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Do you think a person could play the “I’m thinking of investing but need to know the skiing is worth it” card?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    certainly. just need a $5k non-refundable deposit. i mean, that's pocket change for your average possible investor right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyless View Post
    Apparently Alta will not be including a UTA bus pass as a season pass benefit this year! This has been a long-time season pass benefit at Alta. This action by Alta will make the parking situation there worse and Alta's claims to be an environmentally responsible user of Little Cottonwood Canyon should be evaluated in light of this action. Snowbird is still including the UTA pass with their season passes--this could be a consideration in where you decide to ski this winter.

David R. Smith
    Alta's eco-friendly branding is a complete joke. Shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyless View Post

David R. Smith
    Mind = blown

Appears to be real, nothing about bus access on the season pass benefit page: https://www.alta.com/tickets-and-passes/benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Mind = blown

Appears to be real, nothing about bus access on the season pass benefit page: https://www.alta.com/tickets-and-passes/benefits
    Make all the passholders use the parking res system and drive + make the non passholders drive and pay = more money off parking for mike maughn if less passholders use the bus.

What are the Reno odds for the headline "Alta sells to Alterra" in the next 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
    What are the Reno odds for the headline "Alta sells to Alterra" in the next 2 years?
    Despite LCC already being loved to death that would really suck. However, I'm not sure how it would fit Alterra's business model since Alta Ski Lift Company owns and operates the ski area but none of the hotels or lodging -- plus Ikon is already accepted at Alta, so what's the incentive?

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 20-21

Hope you're healing up well D-roc!

I managed to squeeze in a couple Alta laps and a Bird day when I was in town the last few days. Thanks again for the hook up beaterdit! Lucked out with the weather Sunday, much more sun and slush than the forecast had me prepared for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4091.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	373413

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9620C1A8-336C-421F-8503-0A0BE501BC64.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	406.6 KB 
ID:	373414

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Despite LCC already being loved to death that would really suck. However, I'm not sure how it would fit Alterra's business model since Alta Ski Lift Company owns and operates the ski area but none of the hotels or lodging -- plus Ikon is already accepted at Alta, so what's the incentive?
    Um, to own one of the most iconic ski resorts in the world. But, you're not thinking like a corporation: Alta has assets that a 4 billion dollar corp could use to slide through development deals. Alta themselves can't even fund a properly designed and working website. Ultimately, it's really the AltaBird prize.

Since my kid isn't free at Brighton anymore I was thinking about going back to Alta next year. I decided to do Snowbird instead since there's the parking thing, the bus thing, a family pass is $300 cheaper, spring access, and we get two free nights at the Cliff.

eta: Oh yeah, there's also the issue of holding Grizzly hostage for ransom, and the general vibe of the Maughan era just rubs me the wrong way. Add all that up and I'm certainly not paying more money to ski there.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-04-2021 at 08:13 AM.

I just noticed that they slipped in + tax to their pricing. They have been charging 80 + year olds $50 for their pass, I had assumed the $50 was to recover what Alta pays UTA for bus passes. The senior pass is still $50 + sales tax.

the times they are a-changing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Since my kid isn't free at Brighton anymore I was thinking about going back to Alta next year. I decided to do Snowbird instead since there's the parking thing, the bus thing, a family pass is $300 cheaper, spring access, and we get two free nights at the Cliff.
    hmmmm....got me thinking a little.

Lol... 2 advanced and 2 week of parking reservations per passholder...

WEEKEND & HOLIDAY PAID PARKING RESERVATIONS. WHY?

• Provides Alta skiers the assurance that there will be a parking space before driving up the canyon.
    • Eases early morning traffic congestion resulting from limited parking available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
      • Alta skiers will no longer need to arrive hours before first chair to secure a parking spot on weekends and holidays.
      • Ski area employees will be able to arrive on time and prepare the ski area and parking areas for you.

• Manage the ski experience by limiting the number of skiers to available terrain and lift capacity.

HOW WILL WEEKEND & HOLIDAY PAID PARKING BY RESERVATION WORK?

• All parking in the Wildcat, Flagstaff (South Side), Grizzly and Albion lots will require a reservation on weekends & holidays. All parking reservations are subject to availability.
      • Reservations required: Weekends & Holidays 6am-1pm (40 days)
        • Saturdays and Sundays - December 18 - April 3 and closing day.
        • Holidays: Christmas Week, MLK Weekend, President's Weekend

• First-Come, First-Serve Parking: (100+ days)
        • Opening day - December 17 (including weekends) and April 4 - April 16)
        • Every day after 1pm (including weekends & holidays)

• Parking Reservations can be purchased online starting in October of 2021.
      • Advance Reservations - An advance block of parking spaces available each day for reservation will be released for purchase in October of 2021.
      • Week-of Reservations - The remaining parking spaces available for purchase for a weekend or holiday period will be released at least one week before the period.
      • Reservations will be available for $25 per day.
      • Purchasers of Alta.com lift tickets are eligible to book parking reservations for $10 per day.
      • Qualifying Alta and Alta-Bird passholders are eligible for free parking reservations

• Free parking reservations for qualifying Alta passholders.
      • Qualifying Alta passholders will receive code(s) that can be used to book free advanced and week-of parking reservations. Reservation codes may be reused once the active reservation date has passed.
        • Purchasers of Alta & Alta-Bird Passes: Adult, 65+, 80+, 18-25, Military, Gold Card, Powder Card and 10-Day Cards
          • Two (2) active advanced parking reservations.
          • Two (2) active week-of parking reservations.

• Purchasers of Alta and Alta-Bird Family Packages:
          • Four (4) active advanced parking reservations.
          • Four (4) active week-of reservations.

• Cancellations and no-shows.
      • Paid parking reservations canceled 24 hours prior to the start time (6am) will be fully refunded. Unused reservations not canceled before this time will not be refunded.
      • If free passholder reservations are not canceled 24 hours prior to the start time (6am) then passholder reservation benefits will be paused until a $25 no-show fee is paid.
      • The fine for parking without a reservation will be $75.
      • An appeal process will be available for dealing with extenuating circumstances.

The $25 no show fee if you don't cancel by 6 am the day before is gonna be interesting. I forsee a black market for getting your reservation scanned by someone else so you dont get dinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    The $25 no show fee if you don't cancel by 6 am the day before is gonna be interesting. I forsee a black market for getting your reservation scanned by someone else so you dont get dinged.
    Yeah, imagine when you have bad luck and get jammed up in the canyon, miss out on a pow day, and have to pay $25 for NOT using your season pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Yea, that's tough because in effect it's more like 36 hours in advance for those that don't wake up prior to 6 AM on a friday.

Upper LCC weekend touring is gonna be like the olden' days!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yeah, imagine when you have bad luck and get jammed up in the canyon, miss out on a pow day, and have to pay $25 for NOT using your season pass.
    there won't be canyon jams with a paid parking system brah

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Yea, that's tough because in effect it's more like 36 hours in advance for those that don't wake up prior to 6 AM on a friday.

Upper LCC weekend touring is gonna be like the olden' days!
    White Pine parking is gonna be brutal