Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2451
    A few inches of wind blown pow was fast and smooth today. Good to get some more laps on the new chair.

Steveski doing his thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9438.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	694.4 KB 
ID:	363854

Quote Originally Posted by Riblet Tramway View Post
    I don’t want to deal with pollutants from the lead smelter just across the border from Northport, and I find both Metaline Falls and Republic to be more charming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That pollution is a real bummer. Seems like an otherwise unusually unique spot in that’s it’s in the US but very close to Canadian skiing. (Not this year of course.)

https://liftblog.com/2021/02/19/high...degrees-north/

Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    A few inches of wind blown pow was fast and smooth today. Good to get some more laps on the new chair.

Steveski doing his thing.

Name:	IMG_9438.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	694.4 KB 
ID:	363854
    We hiked to Microwave a few times, nice boot top dense snow. Left side Bowl 4 was tits. Get some today, get away from the crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    We hiked to Microwave a few times, nice boot top dense snow. Left side Bowl 4 was tits. Get some today, get away from the crowds.

Yes it's good out there, enjoying every turn.

Kinda missing the skin up from 3 now that we are back to the sideways walk from the gate.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Skinning was easier and faster I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Riblet Tramway View Post
    https://liftblog.com/2021/02/19/high...degrees-north/

Looking forward to this.

Here's where I have to admit I've lived in WA my whole life and never knew 49 was the second biggest area in the state

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Here's where I have to admit I've lived in WA my whole life and never knew 49 was the second biggest area in the state
    Now tell us the third largest

Now tell us the third largest
    I'd guess Mission Ridge. 2,000 acres.

What does 2000 acres at Mission include? It doesn't feel that big to me. Looking at their special use permit area, it includes a huge amount of terrain that is not lift served (and I'm not talking bowl 4).

Snow in the PNW 20-21: We may have Corona but Corona doesn't have us!

What does 2000 acres at Mission include? It doesn't feel that big to me. Looking at their special use permit area, it includes a huge amount of terrain that is not lift served (and I'm not talking bowl 4).
    Everything in the ski area boundary, not the same as the SUP area. I would guess that a little less than half of the inbounds terrain requires a hike or traverse. It’s bigger than you would think just riding the lifts. I tell people that every thing you can see riding chair two is in the ski area. Follow the ridge line above Chair 4 terrain, across Bowl 4 up to Wenatchee Mtn(Microwave) along Windy Ridge over to the boundary road and across the Bomber Cliffs to Chute 6. Including the ridge separating Lake Creek from Squilchuck Creek(Central Park).

Some of that isn’t technically inside the ski area boundary but they do AC there so it’s de facto open terrain. There’s signs saying so

Future Chair 5 from the bottom of Wounded Knee to above The Humps will access most of the hike to terrain. I have mixed feelings about that but it’s probably best for the longer term viability of the ski area.

Name:  AB805D8F-44E9-47C4-A4D8-34C451AB9250.jpeg
Views: 559
Size:  70.5 KB. Todd detoured off Sitkum today to follow me under the chair.

Future Chair 5 from the bottom of Wounded Knee to above The Humps will access most of the hike to terrain. I have mixed feelings about that but it’s probably best for the longer term viability of the ski area.
    By the time it actually goes in we'll probably appreciate the uplift.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    After they wait for alpy patrol to open things at 10:30am.
    Noonish would be a better opening time
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Everything in the ski area boundary, not the same as the SUP area. I would guess that a little less than half of the inbounds terrain requires a hike or traverse. It’s bigger than you would think just riding the lifts. I tell people that every thing you can see riding chair two is in the ski area. Follow the ridge line above Chair 4 terrain, across Bowl 4 up to Wenatchee Mtn(Microwave) along Windy Ridge over to the boundary road and across the Bomber Cliffs to Chute 6. Including the ridge separating Lake Creek from Squilchuck Creek(Central Park).

Some of that isn’t technically inside the ski area boundary but they do AC there so it’s de facto open terrain. There’s signs saying so

I traced this perimeter out in Caltopo and it shows 1150 acres. I may not know the terrain like the locals but I can't have missed that much? Don't get me wrong, it's a very fun area, but 2000 acres seems like a huge stretch by any means.

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	649.6 KB 
ID:	364057

I traced this perimeter out in Caltopo and it shows 1150 acres. I may not know the terrain like the locals but I can't have missed that much? Don't get me wrong, it's a very fun area, but 2000 acres seems like a huge stretch by any means.

Don’t know, maybe they’re doing some creative marketing. Your outline seems accurate. Maybe they are using the SUP acreage.

It’s kind of like the Bermuda Triangle. I’ve noticed the hot spots seem to be more active this season.

Low angle surfy tree pow in the bc today with nwskier to close out the cycle.

Sent from chickenbone

Went to Stevens Pass on Tuesday for the first time in awhile to help find a lost guest, afterwards they gave me a comp pass it was such a cluster it was the first time in my life that I walked away from free skiing. Two lifts opened at noon, giant lines, a large group of instructors cutting the line in front of customers, I don’t know how they do it and keep a straight face
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Low angle surfy tree pow in the bc today with nwskier to close out the cycle.

Sent from chickenbone
    Hella fun day! Thanks for the tour.

Fun day ripping around Snoqualmie - snow pack is fat!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Name:	IMG_8068.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	364093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8113.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	364094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8059.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	490.8 KB 
ID:	364095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7889.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	364096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8115.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	364097
    Great photos-East Central is going off too!

Gravity always wins...

So I was reading the EA for the proposed expansion of Mission and the FS says that the ski area has 2080 acres currently. I’m not sure if that’s the SUP area or the ski area boundary. I’m going to ask the owner or mountain ops manager this week.

Great stoke the last couple of pages. I’m going to have to get a better camera.

So I was reading the EA for the proposed expansion of Mission and the FS says that the ski area has 2080 acres currently. I’m not sure if that’s the SUP area or the ski area boundary. I’m going to ask the owner or mountain ops manager this week.

Great stoke the last couple of pages. I’m going to have to get a better camera.

Drawing in the whole SUP, I get 2400 acres. So their marketing number is somewhere in between. But of course this includes huge swaths that aren't really skiable even if there were lifts (south facing stuff on the backside of the ridge, flat/rolling terrain above the Bomber cliffs, etc.)
    black line again, and surely I didn't draw it perfectly, but it's not 20% off:

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	364126

Name:	20210221_095723.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	364127

Tail end of a big natural.
    Move upside and let the man go through...