Page 15 of 170 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Yeah, we were mostly joking around
    Yeah, we're mostly not.

Glad to hear that. I know you and the team is busting ass and it’s appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Glad to hear that. I know you and the team is busting ass and it’s appreciated.

The tough part is most of us are used to being able to just turn on the afterburners and put in some extra elbow grease when things get crazy. We still gotta do that, but this time around our success is going to be based largely on how effective our Verbal Judo is: convincing employees to behave and calming down skiers who are pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    if you can hand out vaccines at the door of the Snowpine and Tram Club to all the returning seasonals living in communal housing who are partying there every night....

punch your friend in the nuts and tell him to get fucked.
    With the numbers of doses it sees like will be available, I absolutely think patrollers would be some of the first in the country to get vaccinated, among the last of the countries health care workers and first responders for sure, but still before the rest of the population, and that essential employees would follow soon after.

You say it as if its far fetched, but seems fairly likely to me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Patrol are def first responders.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Anyone else get out yesterday? Wasnt as bad as one would think...

Point Supreme / Sunset had some soft spots, but definitely need to be all terrain strong to go top to bottom. Its out there for the those willing haha.

Also heard on the street from some sources that Solitude's snowmaking parts may not hit til end of December, anyone else hearing the same?
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Do you think Alta will be a shit show tomorrow? Whose going? I'd kind of like to go, but I don't want to drive there, only not to get up the canyon and have no place to park.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post

The thing is, for it to help us stay open through new years day, we need it now. or two weeks ago. not in a month after thanksgiving cases have peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Do you think Alta will be a shit show tomorrow? Whose going? I'd kind of like to go, but I don't want to drive there, only not to get up the canyon and have no place to park.
    Lift Co. claims that if you make it past the mouth of the canyon, there will be a spot for you to park.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Patrol are def first responders

True that!

There are hundreds of thousands of vaccine doses already made, just waiting for approval to be used after testing. Results on efficacy of multiple vaccine are more encouraging than previously thought. https://abc7news.com/pfizer-vaccine-...speed/7912068/ that says pfizer hopes to have 50 million doses by the end of 2020, and that's just one of several apparently viable vaccines. somewhere between 1-200 million doses by january or february should make for a far more normal spring.

Yes, while I wouldn't say I'm confident, I feel my hope is not completely delusional.

Besides, I got a free ikon pass because this place fucking awesome and ya know what, ULLR just isn't going to play me like that.
    fuck yeah buddy lets skeeeee!

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Lift Co. claims that if you make it past the mouth of the canyon, there will be a spot for you to park.
    I've heard we'll be turning people away at the ramp before we get a sign down at the base, but nobody knows what's true and what isn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I've heard we'll be turning people away at the ramp before we get a sign down at the base, but nobody knows what's true and what isn't anymore.
    That's kinda what I presumed would happen but I didn't want to contradict anybody. While that seems like a terrible management and PR move, the silver lining is that anything they can do to piss people off to the point that they won't ski Alta at all is a positive for those who will.

im going tomorrow but pretty early to grill breakfast. Im guessing its gonna be busy since its the only ikon resort available besides b town open plus holiday week with alot of people having time off to burn.

The Alta has been a shit show for several weekends.
    Plenty of parking then and now.
    Been lots of folks up here sliding on snow.
    Gonna be less cars at the end of the road now that we're open!
    Only difference tomorrow is bullwheels spinning.
    ! Wahoo !
    Here's to a long and safe lift served ski season y'all.
    We can each help make it happen...
    Jimmy
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    fuck yeah buddy lets skeeeee!

Sent from a van down by the river
    I'm all about it brother, once we get some snow.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

With the numbers of doses it sees like will be available, I absolutely think patrollers would be some of the first in the country to get vaccinated, among the last of the countries health care workers and first responders for sure, but still before the rest of the population, and that essential employees would follow soon after.

I hope you're right but I don't think we'll see a vaccine roll out until after the new president takes office and the current ain't helping. And there's 350 million people in this country, half of which are skeptical of vaccines. We need at least 2/3s of those people to "buy in." We'll be lucky of the 2021-22 ski season is "normal."

Maybe I'm just being a pessimist tho

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup
    The tram club is going to be the biggest super spreading site in LCC. There’s plenty of emps up here who’d rather get shit housed than ski. It’s always surprised me why they didn’t move to a place with an actual party scene but they’re here every year, different faces same people. IMHO they’re the biggest beaters in the canyon. There’s very little chance that the Governor shuts down the ski season but there’s a much higher chance that there won’t be enough emps to run the place from all the behavior and attitude I’m seeing.
    I know the partiers are nothing new. But alta's marketing machine doesn't seem to be doing it any favors. Funny how Connie was mainly a one-woman show for so long and now it's a 3-5 person show with lots of outsourcing to film companies, etc.

And I agree that the pro-business Utah government will be the last people to shut down the ski season. I don't think they were the ones that made the call to shut it down last March, but I could be wrong with that assumption.

Last year it was Vail and Alterra that closed the lifts. After they made the call, all other resorts were afraid to be the only show around so they all pulled the plug. This year I imagine that every resort and conglomerate is just worried about putting some money in the coffers. But if Vail and Alterra close again it’ll be interesting to see if the few independent resorts try and stick it out. My guess, I’ve tried to stay fairly up to date on vaccine info, is that next winter should be back to normal as long as people take the vaccine. But if mask wearing, with proper mask, was adhered to by 80% of the population the science tells us the virus would really slow up to basically herd immunity levels. And we’re doing great on that front. Plenty of buffs being used as ppe. But maybe the fix of two shots is easier than wearing a mask whenever indoors or in close proximity. The forecast certainly isn’t helping us as I imagine the high pressure will push the up canyon emps into more social activities as it usually does. Get it when you can! Lots of images from around the country of huge lines at food banks. Consider yourself lucky if being worried about riding a chair for turns is your biggest worry right now.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

^^^ After a long-winded conversation with our favorite "kick puppy" I still maintain "We're fucked."

I’m heading up early.

There's maybe less than 50% mask compliant in the collins line right now. These idiots are gonna get us shut down before we've even started.

Quote Originally Posted by danielvdm View Post
    There's maybe less than 50% mask compliant in the collins line right now. These idiots are gonna get us shut down before we've even started.
    more twitter and insta photos tagging the ski area today, the better.

up here meow, surprisingly not a shit show, everyone in good spirits so far.

ill be tele-kooking around in a blue jacket, give a wave Mags!

SKODEN!!!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

This is where Vail is doing a good job. There needs to be an enforcer with authority to impose real consequence (warning, 1 week pass revocation, etc) authority.

Today, I am going back to The Can. Obtained a res. @ 7:00am
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

more twitter and insta photos tagging the ski area today, the better.
    also post them here!