Page 105 of 247 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 6153
    He had me at saddle rails. Fuck that fucking shit. If someone’s figured out how to get a saddle off and then back on to a clamp without swearing, please make a video.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Since so many of the rants are over stupid non standards in the industry, I thought this would fit in right about... here.

https://www.bikeradar.com/features/o...mtb-standards/
    Great fit, and I agree with almost everything said. It's not just the "standards" though its also the plethora of unnecessary variations of each model and trying to decipher what the minute differences are. Look at new Lyrik or SID forks - you have Select, Select+, and Ultimate, or tires that have numerous different tread compounds. Just give me a couple reasonably priced options that work, FFS.

Someone on a local forum posted up a poll - would you rather: 1) Year 2000 parts, with 2020 geometry or 2) Year 2020 parts, with 2000 geometry. My response was I had bikes both periods with geo and parts that worked well. But I'd almost choose 2000 parts with 2000 geo if it meant I didn't have to deal with all the standards and product variations we have today. I can barely figure out what chainring I need to buy for my current bike, nevermind try to do a custom build these days.

Relevant:

Name:  HWrQC4N.png
Views: 862
Size:  23.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    He had me at saddle rails. Fuck that fucking shit. If someone’s figured out how to get a saddle off and then back on to a clamp without swearing, please make a video.

Not a technique, but Fox fucking nailed it with the new Transfer, with the updated seat clamp. It's genius.

I was on a walk yesterday and a road biker with his head down and headphones on almost ran me over. WTF? Who rides around without being even the least bit aware of their surroundings. I stepped aside and tapped him on the shoulder as he passed. He was shocked and said sorry but kept going.

Maybe this belongs in the "Fucking Cyclist" thread.

I used to ride with a couple who were super into xc racing, and then got super into road riding and racing. The boyfriend was doing some sort of training ride one day by himself, sprints, or something. Had his head down and rode straight into a parked car. Suffered a fairly serious spinal injury.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I used to ride with a couple who were super into xc racing, and then got super into road riding and racing. The boyfriend was doing some sort of training ride one day by himself, sprints, or something. Had his head down and rode straight into a parked car. Suffered a fairly serious spinal injury.
    I can’t tell you how many stories like that I’ve heard. It’s a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Why can't they invent a better presta valve core that is easier to remove? To make matters worse, I have the tiny little wrench and you get a very little turn before you hit the spoke and have to flip it over another 20 times before the values is out. Guess part of it is on me, need a better tool but still...
    After 15 people immediately jumped down your throat about how you were doing it wrong I feel like I should check in and see if you need a hug. You ok?

My only advice is to just accept from the get-go that you’ll have to completely undo one and maybe both bolts. Every time I try to loosen them just enough to shimmy the rails out it’s never enough.

I splurged on an AXS Reverb on my new whip and the clamp/ angle situation is worth the $ by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    My only advice is to just accept from the get-go that you’ll have to completely undo one and maybe both bolts. Every time I try to loosen them just enough to shimmy the rails out it’s never enough.

I splurged on an AXS Reverb on my new whip and the clamp/ angle situation is worth the $ by itself.

Happy with the Reverb overall?

Pretty annoyed that a broken a rubber washer holding the valve up in my Fox DPS, resulted in massive bottom-outs and ~$200 full rebuild just to replace a $0.20 rubber washer. /1st world problems

Well, that’s kind of what took down the Challenger Space Shuttle, after all...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Happy with the Reverb overall?
    Only one ride on it so far, so not much to report besides it’s fast, super responsive and the light touch on the paddle to make things happen is awesome.

The new head on the Fox Transfers makes swapping out saddles so much easier, can't believe it wasn't thought of by anybody before...although we have seen one where the bolt mushroomed in the 'slot' from the force of an ass to saddle impact.

I'm on the new Reverb and thinks its been absolutely great so far, so smooth and effortless to drop. The AXS version is addictive as its instantaneous as opposed to the slight lag from a lever.

AXS isnt long enough though.

I ad have to drop 30-45mm of drop to switch to one.....that is even considering the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    AXS isnt long enough though.

I ad have to drop 30-45mm of drop to switch to one.....that is even considering the cost.
    We've even had one customer complain of his tire hitting the battery at full compression on his Med MegaT so we swapped it out for a regular. Its the only case of this I've heard of.

My absolute first choice though would be the Revives. And to clarify, I ride the manual Reverb but have spent some time on the AXS.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    After 15 people immediately jumped down your throat about how you were doing it wrong I feel like I should check in and see if you need a hug. You ok?
    Since he asked about valve cores and half the people told him about valve stems, I’d guess he’s more annoyed than sad. The “hand tight only” crowd is obviously not using Lezyne pumps. The plastic wrench suggestion is weak as they get lost in the pack easily and they strip out easily. Needle nose is a pain in the ass and I practical to carry on rides.
    So yea, no hugs prolly.

However many are in a shit ton.

Since he asked about valve cores and half the people told him about valve stems, I’d guess he’s more annoyed than sad. The “hand tight only” crowd is obviously not using Lezyne pumps. The plastic wrench suggestion is weak as they get lost in the pack easily and they strip out easily. Needle nose is a pain in the ass and I practical to carry on rides.
    So yea, no hugs prolly.

That reminds me.

Lezyne pumps: fuck those things.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Fox fucking nailed it with the new Transfer, with the updated seat clamp. It's genius.
    The clamp on the first Transfer was worth a massive rant on its own. I had to bore out the hole on the upper clamp piece just to get enough nose down angle and I still keep praying that thing will never crack from my hack job and leave me waking up on the side of the trail with a crushed testicles falling between the wheel and seat tube.

The “hand tight only” crowd is obviously not using Lezyne pumps. The plastic wrench suggestion is weak as they get lost in the pack easily and they strip out easily. Needle nose is a pain in the ass and I practical to carry on rides.
    So yea, no hugs prolly.
    At home I have a Stans tool but in the field, a chain breaker paddle that has a #3 spoke tool on it is great, perfect size.

Right now I’m using a super old Crank Bros multi tool for this but I think I’m gonna upgrade to that Blackburn Big Switch tool (which looks glorious).

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Why can't they invent a better presta valve core that is easier to remove? To make matters worse, I have the tiny little wrench and you get a very little turn before you hit the spoke and have to flip it over another 20 times before the values is out. Guess part of it is on me, need a better tool but still...
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KK6GKJ9..._LXNUFbQEC20EG

These things solve your problem

So yea, no hugs prolly.

Quality rant about solutions to the rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    This thing has worked well for me.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

IMO, DART>>>>Bacon.
    Sample of one.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    The clamp on the first Transfer was worth a massive rant on its own. I had to bore out the hole on the upper clamp piece just to get enough nose down angle and I still keep praying that thing will never crack from my hack job and leave me waking up on the side of the trail with a crushed testicles falling between the wheel and seat tube.
    Huh. I've used them on a few bikes and never had any issues, but I run my seat pretty flat, and haven't used one on a bike with a stupid slack STA.

So on the second to last day of lift served biking, I snapped my frame. Took a long time to get a hold on NS Bikes via chain reaction cycles but eventually they do me right and send me a replacement front triangle, carbon fiber this time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201001_082520.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	349761
    Miss almost the entire fall riding season, Get the fucker back together, get a warm up ride in a Phil's world, take it over for a couple laps in moab, including a porc rim. Bike is crushing it, also had just put on a new 180mm lyrik.

Then.. I'm driving back over to ride some more and in paradox valley a dumb ass stupid motherfucking deer jumps out from behind an embankment.. I slam on the brakes, swerve, think "phew I'm gonna miss it." Dumb ass deer keeps running and gets between the rear of my car and my bike on a tray rack.. snaps the new front triangle in three places.

Name:	PXL_20201122_203902620.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	349762

Name:	PXL_20201122_203936831.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	349763

Name:	PXL_20201123_230729164.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	963.5 KB 
ID:	349764

Yes that's a ghetto ass tape job in a failed attempt to protect something maybe deep down I knew I would fuck up.

Fuck Deer.

And in general.... FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!