Page 100 of 247 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6153
    Shopping escrow, never heard that term but it's great.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

.......I’m too dumb for the app
    Last edited by jm2e; 10-21-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    One of my frequent rants is about pulling over to let oncoming riders pass yet they go off trail even though the trail is clear for them. Had that happen tonight. Half a dozen riders were approaching so I pulled over, off the trail. Every one of them rode 2-3 feet off trail. Through a patch of poison oak. They were all on e-bikes. Enjoy your rash, assholes.
    This is a strange rant man. First, they're probably just trying to be polite, and secondly, there is this thing called COVID19 going on, so some are trying to be respectful.

I don't think its strange at all to expect people to stay on the trail when you yield and move off the trail to let them pass. I'm giving them plenty of room.

We already have issues here with people riding next to the trail where it has gotten cupped out a bit, or riding off trail to avoid a rock in the trail, or because its faster to straight line a turn. Or..... apparently because someone has pulled off the trail to let them by and they still need more room? For fuck sakes, our trails are way too wide and braided already.

This was happening long before covid came around. If these riders truly wanted to be respectful re covid shouldn't they pull up their masks as they pass? They're not being polite. They're being clueless douches.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I don't think its strange at all to expect people to stay on the trail when you yield and move off the trail to let them pass. I'm giving them plenty of room.

We already have issues here with people riding next to the trail where it has gotten cupped out a bit, or riding off trail to avoid a rock in the trail, or because its faster to straight line a turn. Or..... apparently because someone has pulled off the trail to let them by and they still need more room? For fuck sakes, our trails are way too wide and braided already.

This was happening long before covid came around. If these riders truly wanted to be respectful re covid shouldn't they pull up their masks as they pass? They're not being polite. They're being clueless douches.
    Welcome to the Front Range! Oh, wait. You're somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Well, this morning the estimated delivery updated to tomorrow, so I'm feeling less ranty about #1.
    And now the scheduled delivery is back to the 27th, WTF!

What the fuck is so hard about packing a bike right. I got a demo bike the other day and the moron that packed it just wrapped the chain over the thru axle but left the derailleur attached and it destroyed the derailleur hanger. I mean really, how hard is it to unscrew the damn thing and zip tie it to the chainstay. Now I have to wait for a replacement and I really want to ride it. Uggh, rant!

And now the scheduled delivery is back to the 27th, WTF!
    The bike just showed up at my office. Shit is wacky at FedEx today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Preach, brutha!!!
    Also fun: Pulling over for someone chugging uphill, who then looks up and sees you stopped. So then they stop too.
    Later you see them on another trail and they get their feelings hurt when you loudly announce you are coming up and soon after, tell them to fuck off when they don't yield.
    Yeah, I don't get people sometimes. In fact, I don't get people a lot of the time.

You realize those people are saying the same thing about you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Preach, brutha!!!
    Also fun: Pulling over for someone chugging uphill, who then looks up and sees you stopped. So then they stop too.
    Later you see them on another trail and they get their feelings hurt when you loudly announce you are coming up and soon after, tell them to fuck off when they don't yield.
    Standard practice in Park City it seems. I'm all tangled up in brush trying to clear the trail so they can power uphill and they spot me and immediately drop a foot and tell me they're happy for the opportunity to rest. What opportunity? I'm 5' up a tree with my bike already so you have no excuse not to continue?!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Shops that charge $6 for each 10mm aluminum headset spacer. Loose, not installed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn those people trying to be courteous with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Damn those people trying to be courteous with you!
    They are courteous, its a great shop. Just way more expensive than the other shop in town.

/end rant.

I've been given headset spacers for free more than once.

Getting that last. Damn. Air. Bubble. out of the Rear brake...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Same, I paid $18 to have a headset removed, new crown race, and about 5” of spacers.

This shop charged $50 to put the headset back in plus 30mm of spacers

I was trying to give Boisal a hard time, but you put something in while I was typing. Damn these people typing too fast while I'm trying to be a smart ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Shops that charge $6 for each 10mm aluminum headset spacer. Loose, not installed.

Heh I asked my lbs for three shifter cables (just cables, no housing or anything), they ring me up and it's almost 20 CAD. They where actually charging 5.50 CAD each.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Heh I asked my lbs for three shifter cables (just cables, no housing or anything), they ring me up and it's almost 20 CAD. They where actually charging 5.50 CAD each.
    Not saying they can't be had for cheaper, but that sounds about right for a medium quality shift cable.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-St...t-Cable-2100mm

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I was trying to give Boisal a hard time, but you put something in while I was typing. Damn these people typing too fast while I'm trying to be a smart ass!!
    I'll take it, what you got ?

Overly courteous people are admittedly not something to be annoyed with or rant about. It's more that the miscommunication that leads to both parties pulling off the trail at the same time then staring at each other for a while deciding who should go first is amusing. Also amusing is the fact that I usually eat shit in a bush when I try to climb off the trail to let someone by.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    both parties pulling off the trail at the same time then staring at each other for a while deciding who should go first is amusing. Also amusing is the fact that I usually eat shit in a bush when I try to climb off the trail to let someone by.
    these people are called niceholes
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Getting that last. Damn. Air. Bubble. out of the Rear brake...
    Try standing the bike vertical so the lever is the highest point in the system, zip tie the rear lever down so it's engaging the brake, then leave it overnight. Bleed the lever the next morning and you should get a little bit of air out and be good to go.

Went to my LBS the other day because I needed one spacer. Tech comes out and says he didn't like the looks of my setup and put the proper amount of rasta Wolftooth spacers on and sent me on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    these people are called niceholes
    The polar opposite of stravassholes who'll mow you down with zero afterthought so they can enter the top 50% on a 300' segment.
    Takes a bit of everything to make the trails interesting!