Page 46 of 508 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 12678
    Benny certainly hasn't lost his touch in working up the crew over there.

There's a steady stream of VT plates coming from Troy to VT every weekday at 5PM.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I guess the bigger question is, does the ECRC accept and include the Upstate?

Years ago when we had a Midwest Chatter thread Western Upstate would get lumped in there from time to time.
    I still call it The Jake.

anything on the east coast counts.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You're allowed in for the day, just not supposed to stay overnight.
    This is incorrect.

If you visit VT from a yellow or red county you must quarantine, regardless of how long you plan to stay.

People who are coming to Vermont from many out-of-state locations will need to quarantine. Quarantine helps prevent the spread of disease before a person knows they are sick or if they are infected with the virus and don’t have symptoms.

Quarantine means staying at a home or dwelling before doing any activities outside of the home, like grocery shopping or getting together with friends or family. People in quarantine should separate themselves from others and check themselves for symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Benny certainly hasn't lost his touch in working up the crew over there.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    anything on the east coast counts.
    Fuck no. Bunch of damn Vermont loving hippies in there, skiing mud and rocks and eating soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    This is incorrect.

If you visit VT from a yellow or red county you must quarantine, regardless of how long you plan to stay.

People who are coming to Vermont from many out-of-state locations will need to quarantine. Quarantine helps prevent the spread of disease before a person knows they are sick or if they are infected with the virus and don’t have symptoms.

Quarantine means staying at a home or dwelling before doing any activities outside of the home, like grocery shopping or getting together with friends or family. People in quarantine should separate themselves from others and check themselves for symptoms.
    while you are correct, how is this enforced? Hotels only way to do it. Saw it done well in the Finger Lakes this summer. They turned away people from hot states.

Speaking of mud. On the way home on the Thruway did you know you can tell from the mud on the cars where they went skiing that weekend?

Grey- VT
    Reddish brown- Catskills
    Brown- Adirondacks

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    This is incorrect.

That's not the info I had from a few weeks back but it was confirmed last night when a fellow sales rep got pulled over on his way in to visit some stores yesterday and was asked to turn around and leave by a town cop. Apparently he was asked where he was going and he answered honestly that he was headed to visit three bike shops for work and was told he couldn't do that and the best thing to do was to turn around and go home. That sux because I was planning on heading up for work the first week of next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fuck no. Bunch of damn Vermont loving hippies in there, skiing mud and rocks and eating soup.
    vermont is not on the coast.....

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Speaking of mud. On the way home on the Thruway did you know you can tell from the mud on the cars where they went skiing that weekend?

Grey- VT
    Reddish brown- Catskills
    Brown- Adirondacks
    Black with rock salt - Western Upstate

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Black with rock salt - Western Upstate
    Can confirm ... no volcanos in WNYS

That's not the info I had from a few weeks back but it was confirmed last night when a fellow sales rep got pulled over on his way in to visit some stores yesterday and was asked to turn around and leave by a town cop. Apparently he was asked where he was going and he answered honestly that he was headed to visit three bike shops for work and was told he couldn't do that and the best thing to do was to turn around and go home. That sux because I was planning on heading up for work the first week of next month.
    Where was this?

Russia.

Probably.

My guess is Winhall. Those guys are like the Gestapo.

Pretty sure they based the movie Super Troopers on them.
    "He's already pulled over! He can't pull over any further!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Where was this?
    He didn't specify but my guess is Poultney, Fair Haven, Lake Bomoseen area or Castleton. He was in Glens Falls and headed for the Rt 7 corridor.

He didn't specify but my guess is Poultney, Fair Haven, Lake Bomoseen area or Castleton. He was in Glens Falls and headed for the Rt 7 corridor.
    The Slate Valley...hmmm. I don't recall ever having any issues up there. Is he a sketchy looking dude?

Not enough flannel?

What a nightmare

Barney Fife not knowing the law. Go figure.

https://www.healthvermont.gov/respon...veling-vermont
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

That economy is just going to boom this winter.

@wooley that's what I thought, if you're going in for work it's ok.

@wooley that's what I thought, if you're going in for work it's ok.
    I'm going to go out on a limb with my assumption that selling bikes is NOT considered 'essential' work.

I'm also going to call bullshit on a VT cop forcing someone to leave the state.

How would they even do that? Seems like the only power they'd have is to arrest somebody, which would be a little counterproductive if the person was leaving soon anyway.

Well, bike shops were considered essential businesses (and still are in a lot of places) so I'd disagree with you there. The way I understood it he wasn't forced to leave but was told that would be the best choice he could make. I wasn't there, it wasn't me and I don't know the details other than what I relayed but I have heard from a few other people from here in the NY metro area that their experience in VT hasn't been as accommodating as they'd have liked. I have to assume that some folks that have had a hard time go back to being assholes when confronted...