Page 76 of 241 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 6015
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    W108 is the ski that I had hoped the Atris would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    +1

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I thought that's what the collective might say. Damnit. I hate it we're all right.

That said, how different do the W108 and DW really ski? I don't have any time on the DW, but I do have quite a few tours on the Underworld, which was the DW Tour before it was a thing; triple camber, but 102 (I think?) underfoot. Because I'm a kick-turn beater and a strich adherent to the Fresh Off The Couch Racing diet and fitness plan, I went with the 184. I figure less to ski to drag around will do this finely tuned dental-lawyer desk body some good...

I do have hundreds of days on my old 190 Bibbys, so I feel like that gives me a baseline for the W108, but it's been a few years and the DW has seen a of devolopment.

WIth all that said; how do these skis compare? Sure, mustache rocker and the other with triple camber... but what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I thought that's what the collective might say. Damnit. I hate it we're all right.

That said, how different do the W108 and DW really ski? I don't have any time on the DW, but I do have quite a few tours on the Underworld, which was the DW Tour before it was a thing; triple camber, but 102 (I think?) underfoot. Because I'm a kick-turn beater and a strich adherent to the Fresh Off The Couch Racing diet and fitness plan, I went with the 184. I figure less to ski to drag around will do this finely tuned dental-lawyer desk body some good...

I do have hundreds of days on my old 190 Bibbys, so I feel like that gives me a baseline for the W108, but it's been a few years and the DW has seen a of devolopment.

WIth all that said; how do these skis compare? Sure, mustache rocker and the other with triple camber... but what else?
    Oh shit, we're doing this again!?

I haven’t owned either the dw or wc108 but when I demo’d them I found the deathwish more playful, but I also tend to get along with flat or fully rockered skis more than skis with more camber. They also both had demo bindings and I bet if I detuned the tails of the wildcats I could get them pretty close to eachother.

That said I just got a pair of wc101s 184 and meridian 107s in the mail, I know I’ll like the meridians after demoing them, wc101s look interesting, they have more splay than most 100 underfoot skis so they should actually perform pretty well in soft snow.

Yep, we're doing this again. And to your mention of the Bibbys...

I have the Bibby Pro, Wildcat Tour and Wildcat Tour 108. Started with the Bibby because I'm a fan of camber and have a racing background which makes me a directional charger (with occasional playfulness). Tahoe is my usual playground, alongside some Washington, Montana and Colorado spots. I definitely enjoy the relative stability at speed and through heavy snow and choppy conditions that the Bibby/Wildcat family provides.

The Wildcat 108 will likely speak to someone like me, while the Deathwish is definitely a softer, playful, poppy and surfy ride (so many posts on this thread and others confirm these differences). Oh and also, it's been noted that the Deathwish folds and is increasingly pliant for heavier skiers, whereas a lightweight skier might get some more stability out of it. As you may have noticed (see above), I also thought of moving to the Deathwish, and have since been talked out of it on this thread - precisely for these reasons.

So really, take stock of how and where you ski.

Both good skis. Slightly different but not worlds different. You could learn to ski either of them, I’ve liked the learning to handle slightly more playful skis like the deathwish.

Buy the ski you’re most excited about and what will keep you looking forward to winter.

The full non-tour Deathwish can ski any condition. The ski has beefed up a bit since the original release, so that’s what I generally tell people you have skied the original and didn’t like them. For myself, I have a hard time skiing anything else from pow to railing an edge on the firmest groomer to hiking suncupped chutes in late July, haha. Hell, I even took them to Haines, AK one year and had a blast. They are the perfect one ski quiver for my style.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Oh shit, we're doing this again!?

Shit yah we are. The air quality here is hazardous... so nothing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TWODIEFOUR View Post
    Yep, we're doing this again. And to your mention of the Bibbys...

I have the Bibby Pro, Wildcat Tour and Wildcat Tour 108. Started with the Bibby because I'm a fan of camber and have a racing background which makes me a directional charger (with occasional playfulness). Tahoe is my usual playground, alongside some Washington, Montana and Colorado spots. I definitely enjoy the relative stability at speed and through heavy snow and choppy conditions that the Bibby/Wildcat family provides.

The Wildcat 108 will likely speak to someone like me, while the Deathwish is definitely a softer, playful, poppy and surfy ride (so many posts on this thread and others confirm these differences). Oh and also, it's been noted that the Deathwish folds and is increasingly pliant for heavier skiers, whereas a lightweight skier might get some more stability out of it. As you may have noticed (see above), I also thought of moving to the Deathwish, and have since been talked out of it on this thread - precisely for these reasons.

So really, take stock of how and where you ski.
    Same, largely. I too used to race and do like the to charge and skis I can drive. That's what I liked about the Bibby's; they ripped when asked and remained a rather fun ski. However, if I'm choosing here between chargy-ness or playful, I want the latter as I'm dialed with a ski to charge; the Vicik and Billgoat.

I'm now about 190lbs, thanks to the pandemic and all the delicious food I've been stuffing in my pie hole. Nonetheless, when I skied the R2 108, it was no stiff and I could fold it pretty easily, but knowing that, it was easy to adapt when and how to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Both good skis. Slightly different but not worlds different. You could learn to ski either of them, I’ve liked the learning to handle slightly more playful skis like the deathwish.

Buy the ski you’re most excited about and what will keep you looking forward to winter.
    Just like motorcycles; it's an entirely an emotional decision.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    The full non-tour Deathwish can ski any condition. The ski has beefed up a bit since the original release, so that’s what I generally tell people you have skied the original and didn’t like them. For myself, I have a hard time skiing anything else from pow to railing an edge on the firmest groomer to hiking suncupped chutes in late July, haha. Hell, I even took them to Haines, AK one year and had a blast. They are the perfect one ski quiver for my style.
    This is the content I'm here for. Thanks!

I'm leaning Deathwish at this time...

Shit yah we are. The air quality here is hazardous... so nothing else to do.

Same, largely. I too used to race and do like the to charge and skis I can drive. That's what I liked about the Bibby's; they ripped when asked and remained a rather fun ski. However, if I'm choosing here between chargy-ness or playful, I want the latter as I'm dialed with a ski to charge; the Vicik and Billgoat.

I'm now about 190lbs, thanks to the pandemic and all the delicious food I've been stuffing in my pie hole. Nonetheless, when I skied the R2 108, it was no stiff and I could fold it pretty easily, but knowing that, it was easy to adapt when and how to ski.

Just like motorcycles; it's an entirely an emotional decision.

This is the content I'm here for. Thanks!

I'm leaning Deathwish at this time...
    You won't be disappointed.

Moment Skis Discussion

Ordered C98’s tonight (188)....have been debating between C98 and new Katana108 for awhile now.....

I can’t afford two new pairs....and I already have a pair of Katanas that I love and don’t want to mount on a wall yet.....so I went C98 and will ski my old Katanas another year.

Looking forward to seeing how C98 handles EC “hardpack”....lol

*I plan on mounting mine on da line with Pivot 15/18.
    Last edited by BC.; 09-19-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Ordered C98’s tonight (188)....have been debating between C98 and new Katana108 for awhile now.....

I can’t afford two new pairs....and I already have a pair of Katanas that I love and don’t want to mount on a wall yet.....so I went C98 and will ski my old Katanas another year.

Looking forward to seeing how C98 handles EC “hardpack”....lol
    Let us know how it goes, very curious.

^ me too - look forward to the review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got CMD98's & Frankenblades coming.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Got CMD98's & Frankenblades coming.
    You've skied some of the prior iteration of the commanders, right? Very curious about the comparison to the new guys

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    You've skied some of the prior iteration of the commanders, right? Very curious about the comparison to the new guys
    You are correct; These will be interesting in a few ways. The OG CMD98 had a minus 8 mount & I loved em at minus 9!! Moved em to minus 8 & thought they were "meh". New ski has a minus 10 mount. I also felt the OG sizing placed many skiers in a compromise. OG was a little long for myself for what I was looking to do in the East & I tended to feel I needed a ton of real estate to let em do their thing. 2021 sizing appears to be much more inline with were the size breaks work for the bulk of the population. But hey - the FKNA ski like a dream & Moment appears to be listening to folks!!!

Blades are going to be my rando weapon for kicking some serious spandex whilst wearing my jorts.

Blades are going to be my rando weapon for kicking some serious spandex whilst wearing my jorts.

Love it. I keep thinking that it would be fun to put a touring binding on a pair for dicking around in the spring. I've already got a few mounted with inserts on various skis so borrowing them would be easy...

You are correct; These will be interesting in a few ways. The OG CMD98 had a minus 8 mount & I loved em at minus 9!! Moved em to minus 8 & thought they were "meh". New ski has a minus 10 mount. I also felt the OG sizing placed many skiers in a compromise. OG was a little long for myself for what I was looking to do in the East & I tended to feel I needed a ton of real estate to let em do their thing. 2021 sizing appears to be much more inline with were the size breaks work for the bulk of the population. But hey - the FKNA ski like a dream & Moment appears to be listening to folks!!!

Nice, really look forward to the review. What length did you get in the new commanders?

Some stoke to accommodate all the C98 talk

Nice, really look forward to the review. What length did you get in the new commanders?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	238EAA89-AD75-40A0-83A0-0D2F9DD6DF63.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	340697

I went 176. Here I am on the OG 178. I’m a 140 pound ultra runner.

Name:  D3B1635C-DCAE-4498-A21E-0BB3073B0FF1.jpeg
Views: 777
Size:  82.0 KB

Moment Skis Discussion

IRip and I are going to ski together this winter and do a comparison......

I’m a little bigger though...188....I’m a 6’1 200lb. marathon runner...if that’s a thing....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hot.pocket View Post

Sweet...thx for the peek.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    IRip and I are going to ski together this winter and do a comparison......

I’m a little bigger though...188....I’m a 6’1 200lb. marathon runner...if that’s a thing....lol.
    I guess I need to get a 182 to round out the crew... though I can't run nearly as far as you guys.

I guess I need to get a 182 to round out the crew... though I can't run nearly as far as you guys.
    I’m not really running....it’s more of crawl...lol

I guess I need to get a 182 to round out the crew....
    I really thought long & hard on the 182, but for this type of carver/charger- ya really want to be in command of pressure distribution over the edge.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hot.pocket View Post

I WILL be buying a pair. The only question is 182 or 188.

Apologies if this has been brought up before but what do tall folks think about Moment skis? Specifically the "freestyle" category. I'm 6'3, 210lbs and haven't ridden a ski under 193 in a while. Longest lengths: Meridian 187, wildcat 190, deathwish 190. And if my memory serves me right, moments measure short. Are there any tall people riding these skis and do they ever wish they had more ski? Specifically looking at the DW and WC108 to replace Praxis MVP but curious to here thoughts in general.