Page 149 of 165 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4118
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ESS--stop taking pictures and get back to work! (And many thousands thanks.)
    I know right. With the iPhone in your front pocket it’s so easy too bust out a couple quick pics when appropriate. SA maintained at all times.

ESS-
    Thanks for putting up the photos, it's been a long slog of a summer and still got a ways to go.
    Q- what is the situation like in a large fire camp with the current covid protocols?? Hearing box meals only and have to eat with your own crew.
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

So, I may be a little slow, but I think powpig may have been actually imagining that scene that his "gf" "witnessed". Not sure if he has a girlfriend or if they actually whitenessed [sic] a ranger breaking somebuddy's arm. Anyway, just trying to point out that I am late to the party where we all learned it was made up, but I'm here nonetheless.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Squaw/Alpine:

As summer winds down, we are looking forward to colder and snowier days ahead. This winter, We intend to serve our guests without a reservation system. Pass holders will continue to have the best and most flexible access to the resort. We plan to manage general visitation by temporarily eliminating the sale of “walk up” tickets at the window, and dynamically controlling the sale of advance purchase tickets. At this time, we expect such tickets to primarily be available midweek, but we will remain flexible as we learn more throughout the season.

Our priorities right now are providing space for social distancing at our two mountains, and remaining flexible in the face of the inevitable changes to come throughout the season. While elements of the resort experience will be different this season, the experience of skiing and snowboarding itself remains the same. Skiing has always had at its center the incredible personal freedom one experiences while engaged in the sport, balanced against the personal responsibility of sharing the slopes with everyone else. This year more than ever, our guests will need to carry both sides of that equation with them, so that everyone can have the best possible experience within a Covid-modified environment. That feeling of freedom in the outdoors is something we are all craving now more than ever. We look forward to making that happen for our guests this coming season.

Every corner of our business is totally immersed in preparing for this special season. We will continue to communicate as we have more concrete information available.

Love that they're going to try it without a reservation system. I don't really care about weekends but that would just suck for weekday skiing when maybe you only want to get a few laps in or whatever.

Question for the North Shore collective. Is Alpine power equipment still a good place to go for a snow blower tuneup since the new management took over?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    ESS-
    Thanks for putting up the photos, it's been a long slog of a summer and still got a ways to go.
    Q- what is the situation like in a large fire camp with the current covid protocols?? Hearing box meals only and have to eat with your own crew.
    You heard right. I just finished my box breakfast in my truck. It also seems like this summer that it was more likely the you just got cases of MRE’s and water vs having a mobile kitchen setup, especially in Eastern Nevada. Did two 14 day tours this summer with breakfast, lunch and dinner nothing but MRE’s. Got old real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Squaw/Alpine:
    Source? It's not on the web site, Twitter, FB, and I haven't received an email.

Edit--found it on KTVN Reno web site.

Social media posted this morning.

Mammoth also posted a similar message
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFH8bS9p...=1gumyxcc74h6c

Did just get an email from A-Basin stating that reservations will be required for Ikon visitors FWIW.

Here's the Squaw announcement: https://squawalpine.com/2020-21-wint...e/?tab=ui-id-1

We'll see what reality does to their plans...

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Question for the North Shore collective. Is Alpine power equipment still a good place to go for a snow blower tuneup since the new management took over?
    I don't know them, but Truckee Rents has done good work for me.

Anyone need some well-used bindings?

S914s - two brake sizes
    $BEER

900S Equipe
    $BEER

Last edited by meter-man; 09-14-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    sproing!

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    So quaint--the way perfect strangers stand right next to each other. They even shake hands. Truly a bygone era.

Holy cow - nice find Mikey!!!

First time on skis was at Edelweiss - it wasn't pretty.

yeah it’s super dorky but I love that sorta stuff

Placer county improved one level on the Covid risk scale--from widespread to substantial. May or may not have implications for the ski season.

Wow, its been a long time since I've been on TGR. Miss you guys (well, I see many of you around now that I live in Alpine full time.

Anyway, I posted a lightweight touring set up on FB marketplace but it occurs to me I should make it available to mags and make a mag offer price.

Head Monster 95 touring version. Very light. With BD Ascension skins that could use a re-glue only because the glue is sort of old. A couple of nicks in the base of the skis, but otherwise in great shape. I've only skied these a handful of days. Plum Guide bindings (dynafit knock-off) 5.5-12 DIN. I'm asking $450 on FB, but make me an offer and if you've got more than a handful of posts on TGR, I'll probably accept it. You know you need a bc set up for this winter. I bought something else last spring on pro form so this can go. Storage waxed and ready to go. Pick up in Alpine Meadows

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9071.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	988.3 KB 
ID:	340359
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9067.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	340360  
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Bet you are happy you made the move last year.

What length are those?

181cm

Stay out for another week. At least.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74712C2D-2863-47C4-956F-F1A2C8B95494.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	340365

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    So, I may be a little slow, but I think powpig may have been actually imagining that scene that his "gf" "witnessed". Not sure if he has a girlfriend or if they actually whitenessed [sic] a ranger breaking somebuddy's arm. Anyway, just trying to point out that I am late to the party where we all learned it was made up, but I'm here nonetheless.
    She's passed the video along to the woman who got arrested, but has no interest in posting it up publicly despite my urging her it's in everybody's best interest that there be a public accounting of what went down.

But thanks for the snicker at your attitude that seeing is believing, and since you didn't see it that "it was made up".
    Good luck with that in your daily life. Seems like a tough way to live.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

no mention of limiting pass sales or even daily ticket sales?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Wow, its been a long time since I've been on TGR. Miss you guys (well, I see many of you around now that I live in Alpine full time.

Anyway, I posted a lightweight touring set up on FB marketplace but it occurs to me I should make it available to mags and make a mag offer price.

Head Monster 95 touring version. Very light. With BD Ascension skins that could use a re-glue only because the glue is sort of old. A couple of nicks in the base of the skis, but otherwise in great shape. I've only skied these a handful of days. Plum Guide bindings (dynafit knock-off) 5.5-12 DIN.
    could be a good spring couloir ski
    BSL?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    could be a good spring couloir ski
    BSL?
    Can't recall exactly. Somewhere around 308-312 is best guess. There's some adjustability in the bindings.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite