Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Used the smoky air to make ID harder via video.... SMRT
    Yes it was. And where were you at 4 am this morning sir?

Is it an employee with an axe to grind? Or a Monkey Wrench Gang member? Maybe one in the same? My assumption is that it's someone local. In my layman understanding it's really surprising that they can cut through that cable so quick.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Is it an employee with an axe to grind?
    He ground the cable, not an axe. Keep up, man!

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Unlikely. The US-Canadian border has been closed to Americans since March 21st.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/08/14/...ad-coronavirus
    What are you new?

Seems like Earth Liberation Front stuff, like the burning of the two elk lodge at Vail in 1998, or burning of U of Washington Urban Horticulture in 2001 (they didn't like GMO research being done there).

Goggle the squamish 5
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

WTF!!!

Must be DE weapons. Squirrels got tired of starting forest fires, so last week

Antica

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I just really want the responsible party to publish a manifesto already.

Stay tuned. There's 109 days left in 2020.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Attica!

we demand a manifesto!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I just really want the responsible party to publish a manifesto already.
    I think a How-To You Tube video from him would do well.

Wtf!!

Just awful

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    look at the end of that cable, I wouldn't want to be around that when it parted ALTHO maybe a battery powered 4" angle grinder on the end of a pole so he/she didn't have to actualy get near the cable ?
    That and full fucking body armor!

I just read about this part of the history of the land. 38 pages and this was never discussed.

“The base area was bought by a land conservancy trust from a company that wanted to build a gondola up a different route through a provincial park. It was opposed widely so they withdrew the proposal. The trust then bought The land and after placing covenants on it that it not be used for a lift base that would cross the parks lands. The buyers then sought to get the lift right-of-way removed from the park, splitting it in two, and bypassing the covenant.
    I would consider this an egregious insult against the land conservsncy trust, and those who donated the funds to buy the land and give it to the trust. “

I think calling this awful is hyperbolic. As far as terrorism goes, this is about as good as it gets: no risk to innocent lives, the property destroyed was insured, and if whoever is doing it keeps it up, they're going to get themselves cut in half by a lift cable when it lets go sooner or later.

Seems like some razor wire fencing around the base pads would be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I just read about this part of the history of the land. 38 pages and this was never discussed.

“The base area was bought by a land conservancy trust from a company that wanted to build a gondola up a different route through a provincial park. It was opposed widely so they withdrew the proposal. The trust then bought The land and after placing covenants on it that it not be used for a lift base that would cross the parks lands. The buyers then sought to get the lift right-of-way removed from the park, splitting it in two, and bypassing the covenant.
    I would consider this an egregious insult against the land conservsncy trust, and those who donated the funds to buy the land and give it to the trust. “
    people were against the first proposal, by a different group, because it actually went up to the top of the Chief, in the park. The portion of the current ROW through the park has not been removed as a park, it was changed to a different class of Provincial Park. As an aside, they actually cut very few trees for the gondola line through park, as the majority of the line is so high above the tree canopy we were able to show we could safely have the line without a traditional cut line underneath. Source: my company did the environmental reports and env authorizations/approvals for the build. I have no comment about the conservancy issue, I haven't looked at that close enough to understand the nuances.

I'd imagine there's not much they can do in terms of making the towers more difficult to access because that would also make them more difficult to access in a lift emergency,

if you have the technology to cut a large cable, you can probably deal with fences and barb wire