Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Only one reason: money.
    Well apparently, at the moment, it isn’t enough.

Is ignoring the science a good idea ? I think if Canada had followed the money it would end up costing more than its already going to cost both in lives and money
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

But I thought that closing borders was racist and ineffective? At least it was 6 months ago. I kid.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Living in n BC I can’t even go back and see my parents in another province without quarantining for 2 weeks. There’s no fuckin way we’re gonna let in a bunch of covidiots w the ‘Yankee Flu’. Ya’ll down south want to build a wall-damn right, ya can have one on your S border and one in your N border. IPA-Island Prison America, where ya can have yer 2nd civil war.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    It saddens me whats happening to the US and our western democracy. We're all slipping.
    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    True, we are all slipping but you guys are an altogether different level of shit show. We are strongly encouraging our American relatives (many of whom have dual citizenship) to get out the US while they still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    True, we are all slipping but you guys are an altogether different level of shit show. We are strongly encouraging our American relatives (many of whom have dual citizenship) to get out the US while they still can.
    Grinch is a happy resident of canukistan. He is also very hard to keep up with while skiing. You guys would get along great.

Yeah, I'd love to have my stepson and family the hell out of Boston. Hopefully they get it together and do it. Was hoping to see ya in Burns last weekend buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Grinch is a happy resident of canukistan. He is also very hard to keep up with while skiing. You guys would get along great.

Yeah, I'd love to have my stepson and family the hell out of Boston. Hopefully they get it together and do it. Was hoping to see ya in Burns last weekend buddy!
    Apologies to Grinch. I was in Terrace this weekend with the kids Gary. Sorry I did not stop by and say hello. Looking forward to skiing with you soon.

I'll recover but thanks. We should share a few turns someday and GfromT too because i didnt see him in any difficulty. Another day or 3 would settle that!!

And to your point about western democracies in general slipping Grinch, I could not agree more. Especially as it concerns our home and native land. Much of the ugliness divisiveness we see in the US is also visible here in Canada and increasingly so, or at least that's what it looks like to me anyway.

The world is not on fire. Disease, racism bla blah. These things have always been around and will continue to be. I do think politics and media have become toxic and pervasive through things like social media but its a matter of perspective. I don't even believe Covid is as dangerous as our reaction has been. Is it an existential threat? Haven't we always existed on the precipice of annihilation? At what point does it just become another accepted risk just like any other disease or threat? Fear is by far more damaging then anything going on currently.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Fear is by far more damaging then anything going on currently.
    You are quite rapidly becoming annoying man-who-should-have called-himself-caver. What the fuck do you mean by this statement?
    So fear is worse than catching covid and fucking dying? Or fear is worth than going to a party with a bunch of clueless college students and bringing home a virus that kills your partner? Or your parent? Or what?
    What is fear more damaging than rocket scientist? Gimme some fucking examples.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

The world is not on fire. Disease, racism bla blah. These things have always been around and will continue to be. I do think politics and media have become toxic and pervasive through things like social media but its a matter of perspective. I don't even believe Covid is as dangerous as our reaction has been. Is it an existential threat? Haven't we always existed on the precipice of annihilation? At what point does it just become another accepted risk just like any other disease or threat? Fear is by far more damaging then anything going on currently.
    with climate change and 'fire seasons' the world is literally on fire, at least more so than in the past
    27° 18°

You are quite rapidly becoming annoying man-who-should-have called-himself-caver. What the fuck do you mean by this statement?
    So fear is worse than catching covid and fucking dying? Or fear is worth than going to a party with a bunch of clueless college students and bringing home a virus that kills your partner? Or your parent? Or what?
    What is fear more damaging than rocket scientist? Gimme some fucking examples.
    Calm your tits, Gary.

should have called yerself Phil

isophiocal

you don't fool anyone all you give a fuck about is you so stay down there where you have the freedom to do whatever you want

except leave

Well your post was loaded with a bunch of stupid shit. But hey just another global pandemic, like covid is the virus of the week or month as we set record temperatures ,classes of hurricanes and square acres burned. The crisis couldnt be any more apparent

Blah blah the media is the cause of everything. It is the same shit all the time from these guys

Fucking Canada. Seems so inviting but then I'm not invited.

I wouldn't invite Mericans either.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

i don't even want to lift the rope at the border enough so my parents can visit.

Sucks but a lot of these tourons would be bringing crime, they'd be bringing guns, they'd be bringing flu, though some I assume would also be good people.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Spelunker I have figured it out for you.

Step 1. Vote ignorant lying douchbags out of office.
    Step 2. Get country's shit together.
    Step 3. Come visit.

Oh, and I always thought the term "spelunking" was pretentious. Change your user name to "caver".
    You talking about Trudeau? Couldn't agree more.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

well we could vote for the Cons and end up with a government that was more like america

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

well we could vote for the Cons and end up with a government that was more like america
    Our "cons" are left of the US democrats for crying out loud. If "we" get rid of the Liberals it's all good.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Living in n BC I can’t even go back and see my parents in another province without quarantining for 2 weeks. There’s no fuckin way we’re gonna let in a bunch of covidiots w the ‘Yankee Flu’. Ya’ll down south want to build a wall-damn right, ya can have one on your S border and one in your N border. IPA-Island Prison America, where ya can have yer 2nd civil war.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Curious about this statement - is there a specific province that is mandating this? I thought all travel within Canada did not require quarantining given all other general protocols are followed.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Our "cons" are left of the US democrats for crying out loud. If "we" get rid of the Liberals it's all good.
    No theyre not. Theyre all about the trickle fown economics. Cut taxes and sell off the public sector/privatization to their rich fat cat corporate buddies. Money in the bank for their future corporate appointment. Kenney in alberta is prime example numero uno.

Sounds like Waxman wants a big Alberta, which is weird as I watch my partner's family and friends flee Edmonton as fast as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    Curious about this statement - is there a specific province that is mandating this? I thought all travel within Canada did not require quarantining given all other general protocols are followed.
    The maritimes have a block where they're in it together... if you're from elsewhere it's 14 days.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

should have called yerself Phil

isophiocal

you don't fool anyone all you give a fuck about is you so stay down there where you have the freedom to do whatever you want

except leave
    Are you a short person? You come across as a very tiny man.

I wear my mask everywhere I go. I haven't traveled anywhere, attended any parties. I'm doing what I'm being told to do. Sorry if I don't appear more panicked.

My original post was basically a joke you guys are SUCH keyboard tough guys.

Are you a short person? You come across as a very tiny man.

I wear my mask everywhere I go. I haven't traveled anywhere, attended any parties. I'm doing what I'm being told to do. Sorry if I don't appear more panicked.

My original post was basically a joke you guys are SUCH keyboard tough guys.
    OK, you win this time. but saying stupid shit (like the only thing to fear is fear, to paraphrase) without me knowing you and not somehow letting little ole easily offended me know you're joking - well 99/100 times I'll trigger.

edit, and I think your user name is pretentious.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!