Page 356 of 594 FirstFirst ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 14839
    ah, my bad re 108 vs 116 - I need to learn how to read.

I did not try my kartel108s at -2 before I sold them to get Woodsman108s, but was strongly considering trying before I took the plunge.

108s are awesome though, fun, predictable and pivot really, really easily. They are not designed to be driven like crazy, but skied from a centered position facilitating a slarve and popping fest. I wanted something that bridged the gap between them and wrenegade108s, hence the switch.

I would start on the line and move back if that doesn't work out. It is such a good ski that chances are that they should work out well on the line - especially if you are used to Bibbys, just with increased top end speed due to their stiffer weight. Should be awesome.

Yeah man, I'm hoping there's plenty of opportunity to use them this season. Purchased a season pass to my local ice-bump and think these will be fun there. Also going to try and get into some of that DGamms old man park action... I have actual park skis for that.

The cool thing about K108s is you can pivot, scrub, butter, ollie...all the cool kid stuff. But if you put them on edge and sink some pressure in the middle of their sidecut, you'll lay down some rail road tracks. I'm not saying they're GS skis but for all the fun stuff they do, they shouldn't be able to arc the way they do. I guess right cut and flex.

Excellent! Should be outstanding on all of the 300 vertical feet (claimed) at the Tyrol.

...and I'll bring them west if I get a chance this season.

Trigger pulled on my next pair. Jeffrey 108’s w/ all the custom goodies. Went Mango Sunrise w/ eh Ski! bases and white sidewalls. Hopefully we actually get a season and I can ride them... stupid virus...

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

108s are awesome though, fun, predictable and pivot really, really easily. They are not designed to be driven like crazy, but skied from a centered position facilitating a slarve and popping fest. I wanted something that bridged the gap between them and wrenegade108s, hence the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The cool thing about K108s is you can pivot, scrub, butter, ollie...all the cool kid stuff. But if you put them on edge and sink some pressure in the middle of their sidecut, you'll lay down some rail road tracks. I'm not saying they're GS skis but for all the fun stuff they do, they shouldn't be able to arc the way they do. I guess right cut and flex.
    Wow, y'all may have just sold them as a replacement for the MVP.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jubilations - Iggy posted the 2021 C&D:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021_Cease_Desist_800x1500_284a4633-200b-401f-99ff-0d37d14d3ad0_1800x1800.png 
Views:	346 
Size:	569.1 KB 
ID:	336172
    The graphic is great as usual - gothic and skeletons, where the 189s are also offered in cat camo, black and midnight at stock pricing. Why anyone would opt out of the stock graphic is beyond me though

It would be interesting to see the entire graphic w/o the trimming to see the full text - the bottom "build a great wall" seem like a fittting commentary of these troubled times, though I suspect the wall is death - the theme on C&Ds is seemingly usually revolving around death or passing in some way.

Well done Iggy and team!

Can't wait for more info on the wren102ti to become available.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 08-03-2020 at 01:11 AM.

"Covefefe"! Haha! Death and destruction, indeed.

Awesome as usual.

Huge!

Radhats. Hahaha

The more I study that topsheet, the more funny details I see. We need a full res version!

Yes! So awesome.

For those that want to pick out more detail...

Name:	2021_Cease&Desist_Working_Final_V5.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	971.2 KB 
ID:	336268

Woodsman should be finally live tomorrow and are now actively in production.

BG and Wren graphics getting close and will be done shortly. J108/WD108 Tours are attached. Will obviously have more info including weights soon when pages go live.

Name:	2021_Jeffrey108Tour_330p_x_2000p.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	945.3 KB 
ID:	336270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021_Woodsman108Tour_300p_x_2000p.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	738.2 KB 
ID:	336271

Because I'm obviously later than I hoped on the graphic end, I'm going to extend custom discount through end of the month. Will do my best to go back over last couple pages to see if any questions I might have missed as soon as I have the time.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Why anyone would opt out of the stock graphic is beyond me though
    They might have their reasons.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

This C&D is absolutely epic.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    They might have their reasons.
    Snicker Yeah, I had not noticed some of the bits that might potentially be a tad bit controversial to some individuals after I wrote that.

Text bits on the C&D top to bottom:
    - huge
    - covfefe
    - one day it is like a miracle it will disappear
    - rigged
    - news (fake on the lower part of the ski)
    - but her emails
    - They're not sending their best
    - hamberd..
    - when you're a star they let you do it
    - fake (news on the front part of the ski)
    - huge
    - build a great wall

I absolutely love the 2021 C&D graphic. Too bad I can't justify owning two pairs of C&Ds, nor can afford to take the hit to swap my current version for this one.

WD108 Tour graphic is ace!

Good to hear that production is in full swing!

This has to symbolise the demons inside the orange mans head.

The GS/CD graphic concept has always been too dark for my taste but this top is beyond awesome.
    Uno mas

Beating a dead horse. Tiny violin.

The demonic theme of the C&D has always been great, IMO. Darker every year.

What better way to mark the 20/21 model than with a MAGA-hatted retard skeleton playing bone fiddle to the evil spew spells of Cheetolini.

Mythical beasts from the old models were dark/scary, but can't hold a candle to the actual hundreds of thousands of dead souls directly slaughtered by the Fuck Head in Chief and his brain-dead base. Fuck.

Who is the jeffery tour made for? The jibby guy at the resort who wants a lighter, softer ski? I feel like it'd be marketed differently if that was the case. Or is it for the jibby skier who wants a lighter ski for touring? I feel like that's a small customer base because in my experience jibbers want all the ski they can get, but I could be wrong.

Not doubting on3p in either case, just wondering out of my own curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    The demonic theme of the C&D has always been great, IMO. Darker every year.

What better way to mark the 20/21 model than with a MAGA-hatted retard skeleton playing bone fiddle to the evil spew spells of Cheetolini.

Mythical beasts from the old models were dark/scary, but can't hold a candle to the actual hundreds of thousands of dead souls directly slaughtered by the Fuck Head in Chief and his brain-dead base. Fuck.
    Yep. Thematically, it's spot on.

My only hesitation when it comes to buying them with that topsheet would be that I maybe don't want to be reminded of that stupid fuck whenever I look at the skis.

I absolutely love the 2021 C&D graphic. Too bad I can't justify owning two pairs of C&Ds, nor can afford to take the hit to swap my current version for this one.
    Half serious offer - if anyone would buy my mounted but unused 2019/2020 C&D for my (spring sale) cost I'd buy a full price 2020/2021 just for the topsheet. Love the graphic that much.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Who is the jeffery tour made for? The jibby guy at the resort who wants a lighter, softer ski? I feel like it'd be marketed differently if that was the case. Or is it for the jibby skier who wants a lighter ski for touring? I feel like that's a small customer base because in my experience jibbers want all the ski they can get, but I could be wrong.

I'm interested. Looking for a fatter, light ski with a progressive mount point. Guess I got too used to skiing parkish skis for years, but I just get along better with more forward mounts. Tried the kartel 108 at a demo a year or two back and loved it, but coulldnt justify the weight for a touring ski, and I don't ski resort enough to replace my older blizzards. Don't know how common my experience is though. I'll be saving for a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post

It’s a versatile ski. I was born in the 70s, and I still don’t really know what jibby means. The Jeffrey 108 is my ski of choice most days. It does most things exceptionally well. Has lower top end stability than an MX98 a Cochise or a Monster 108, but it will most definitely rip.

Maybe I’m speaking out of turn, but I think the tour model should have broad appeal.