Page 381 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 27076
    Over the past few days, I finally moved into the house we bought remotely a month ago. Overall, it seems like everything checks out and there were no major surprises. The flooring is a little vinylier than I would like, but it's comfy to walk on, seems easy to clean and I can think of replacing it in a few years when I don't have a little kid spilling stuff on it every day. I think it will make a good base for us for the next few years and I haven't seen anything pop up since at a similar price that I prefer, so I have no immediate regrets about taking the plunge from afar.

Also regarding tubs and kids: we had a tub in our last place and still bathed our kid in what was basically a big Rubbermaid tub rather than the full bathtub. We started on vacation when we only had a shower and found that it was just easier and quicker. You can't really use that to sell real estate but if someone with kids is looking, I wouldn't worry if the shower has a detachable head to fill up the bath.

Bend home sales down just under 20% for June YOY, however the avg. sale price at closing was up a whopping $30k, from $619k to $649k.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

FYI: Master bedroom/ master bathroom is now outdated & unacceptable language. Realtors are now advised to say primary bedroom/ primary bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    FYI: Master bedroom/ master bathroom is now outdated & unacceptable language. Realtors are now advised to say primary bedroom/ primary bathroom.
    A lot of this PC shit is dumb, but whatever floats your boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Got an offer $35k over ask. Waive appraisal with 30% down. Guy looked at the house for like two minutes..
    Where are you moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post

Fuck off, twat. It's abundantly clear that you are not "master of your domain."

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Where are you moving to?
    Reno is first on my list. Going there today to look around. Ukiah, California is 2nd. I have good friends there and it's a beautiful area that I love. Third is a tie between Tucson and Sierra foothills.

I'll post the listing when it goes pending. Should be later today. My realtor was shocked. He never thought I'd get this price. I knew if I could get buyers from outside the area to see the house we had a chance. Buyer is from Los Altos. You can't buy a garage in Los Altos for less than a million.

Reno is first on my list. Going there today to look around.
    Let me know if you have any questions on neighborhoods around Reno.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Let me know if you have any questions on neighborhoods around Reno.
    Thanks. I’ve looked a lot in the area. Today I’m going to Pinehaven.

https://www.dicksonrealty.com/areas/pinehaven

Not really interested in anything north of 80 or too far up the hill west (wind)

Thanks. I’ve looked a lot in the area. Today I’m going to Pinehaven.

https://www.dicksonrealty.com/areas/pinehaven

Not really interested in anything north of 80 or too far up the hill west (wind)
    I'd never heard of Pinehaven. Link shows it's in Caughlin Ranch (which is the name of the neighborhood). Caughlin is going to be a lot of heavy handed HOAs, just FYI. Caughlin area up high is windy. Downhill a little are a lot of canyons - winding streets, many good city views. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants is in the Caughlin shopping center - Casa Grande - so if you're there and hungry....

My impression is that Reno real estate is moving fast these days. Stuff in my neighborhood (Galena Forest) is selling really fast - like 10-30 days on market, which is unusual.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Galena Forest is too far out for me. I need to be 10 minutes~ from Whole Foods I know upper Caughlin is windy. Pinehaven is near Village Green Park and will be a bit windy but properties there are well protected with trees. I also would like to be within reach of Caughlin Club so I can swim easily all year. I like South Reno and some of the new construction for the convenience and so forth but lacks character and trees. I read the CR HOA CC&R. I'm all good with it.

If you know a NV RE lawyer let me know. I'd rather not use an agent for buy side yet.

Good properties in a good location with the right aspect go in one day. Others not so much.

Galena Forest is too far out for me. I need to be 10 minutes~ from Whole Foods I know upper Caughlin is windy. Pinehaven is near Village Green Park and will be a bit windy but properties there are well protected with trees. I also would like to be within reach of Caughlin Club so I can swim easily all year. I like South Reno and some of the new construction for the convenience and so forth but lacks character and trees. I read the CR HOA CC&R. I'm all good with it.

If you know a NV RE lawyer let me know. I'd rather not use an agent for buy side yet.

Good properties in a good location with the right aspect go in one day. Others not so much.
    CCRs are different from HOA rules - probably want to look at both before buying there.

Real estate lawyers aren't used in NV for buying or selling residential property, unless there's weird circumstances (estate, brownfields, who knows what else). Seller pays for buyer's agent commission anyway so no cost to you for using buyer's agent.

It used to be common here for developers to not pay commission to buyer's agent if agent was not disclosed upon first visit to development. Asshole move by the developers. I don't know if that's still done. If you need to list a buyer's agent at the developer's office, write down Brian Lessinger - friend and good agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I’ve always been told that at least one tub was necessary but I agree. Who takes baths these days?
    My wife takes baths exclusively unless we're somewhere without a tub. When we book accommodations for a vacation she specifically looks for places that have tubs.

Seller pays for buyer's agent commission anyway so no cost to you for using buyer's agent.
    Realtor myth

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn’t risk the ability to get free representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn’t risk the ability to get free representation.
    How is it free? There’s only a few contingencies to be concerned about.
    Filling out some forms is not worth $20k.

Real Estate Crash thread

I can only speak to the laws in my state and the dynamics of my marketplace, which are that ~49/50 listings offer a buyer’s agent commission paid by the seller per the listing contract. A listing agent is entitled to that side of the commission if a buyer does not have an agent. Having spoken with agents all over the country this appears to me to be a fairly common arrangement but I certainly can’t speak for everywhere.

Realtor myth
    Good luck.

Good luck.
    I've bought and sold homes un-represented

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I can only speak to the laws in my state and the dynamics of my marketplace, which are that ~49/50 listings offer a buyer’s agent commission paid by the seller per the listing contract. A listing agent is entitled to that side of the commission if a buyer does not have an agent. Having spoken with agents all over the country this appears to me to be a fairly common arrangement but I certainly can’t speak for everywhere.
    My agent contract said specifically no extra cash for self sourced buyer. It's up to the selling realtor whether he wants it. I make an offer and he presents it. Not that difficult.

It is a problem that some realtors won't work with unrepresented clients. MLS mafia and all that.

Good luck.
    X2

You guys in the RE industry? If house has been on the market a while why would selling agent press for higher commission