Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1461
    Who is biking tomorrow?
    That's the big opening day, right?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Some folks seem to think the border needs to open cuz of the $$$$ but I have talked to no Canadians who want the border open before its the right time, it might not even open this year

There are reports of the average Canadian trying to call the RCMP when they see an American plate in the wrong place,

I was checking out someone at the boat launch with an AK T-shirt to see what plate they had, if it was an AK plate I would have called it in to the CBSA @ 1 888 502 9060 ... could be a 2400$ fine for that couple
    OK Karen...

you are very welcome to exercise your whatever amendment rights down thar but up here there is a whole country full of karens up here who will turn your ass in
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We've gathered that

just trying to save you 1200 $

each

I applaud them for keeping our irresponsible, entitled asses out of their country, even if it is inconvenient.

I got bumped from a trip I had booked in February, 2021, because they decided that even if the border reopens, they won't host American guests during the 20-21 season. I can get a full refund or reschedule for the following year. Is it inconvenient? Yeah, a little, but I also completely understand. We (Americans) put ourselves in this position, we aren't here because of Canada.

We are definitely entitled. Also ignorant. The consensus among the people I went to school with is an echo chamber of fox news. It's pretty sad. "This is all a hoax"

Maybe my Squamish trip can happen next year. Our fellow Americans wrecked it for us.

@XXX'er: I get that you don't like people trying to game the system, but have you tried talking to them about their wrongdoing first? Or do you just jump straight to calling the authorities on them? Just curious because if in some strange twilight zone our roles were reversed, I would give you the benefit of the doubt before jumping straight to getting you fined.

this isn't Nam there are rules

CBSA interviewed & made the ROE really plain at the border, the only reason to be up here in Canada during pandemic is to get to AK you must drive straight thru to AK you must be completely self sustaining, you can stop for gas & eat drive thru

For all the reasons you already listed why bother talking to someone who is obviuosly chose to not do what they agreed to do ... just call CBSA

If things were reversed & I agreed to drive the 32 hrs straight thru that's what I would have done period OR have a damn good reason why I didn't

this isn't Nam there are rules

OR have a damn good reason why I didn't

So maybe give the benefit of the doubt then? Jumping straight to calling people in makes you look like a dick.

Or keep digging that hole out there in Vietcanada.

Thank you for that, the point it TO look like a dick so tell yer friends

I wouldn't call in a plate if someone is a broke down or if someone is obviously deadtired camped in a gravel pit or a pullout off the hywy but if yer somewhere you obviously should not be you might get called in by one of the 35 million other karens in Canada who all made sacrifices stuck at home making/ no money/ losing jobs/ losing relationships due to covid lockdown, it might not be a good time to pull a fast one but if you got 1200 $ (each ) have er eh

You are way too worked up about this, dude. I thought you guys were the level headed ones. Is it serious? Yeah. But you aren't the only ones affected. I lost my job in March, so preaching to me about being how Canadians are overly affected doesn't hold water. I have respect for the rules in play currently. You're acting like none of us care, which simply isn't true. All I am trying to say is don't be the kind of person you seem to dislike. Notice I used the word "seem" because I don't actually know you. If the border was open and things weren't the way they are, I'd likely be more than happy to meet up.

The whole world is varying levels of fucked. Look around and see for yourself, then calm down a minute before calling us all pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    You are way too worked up about this, dude. I thought you guys were the level headed ones. Is it serious? Yeah. But you aren't the only ones affected. I lost my job in March, so preaching to me about being how Canadians are overly affected doesn't hold water. I have respect for the rules in play currently. You're acting like none of us care, which simply isn't true. All I am trying to say is don't be the kind of person you seem to dislike. Notice I used the word "seem" because I don't actually know you. If the border was open and things weren't the way they are, I'd likely be more than happy to meet up.

The whole world is varying levels of fucked. Look around and see for yourself, then calm down a minute before calling us all pieces of shit.
    Jesus Chad, you’re sounding really fucking reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Jesus Chad, you’re sounding really fucking reasonable.

Caught me in a good mood, I guess

Caught me in a good mood, I guess
    Sorry to hear you lost your job, who’s going to do the cow pedicures now?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sorry to hear you lost your job, who’s going to do the cow pedicures now?

I quit that a couple years ago, bud. 11 years of holding an angle grinder all day was ruining my elbow. I've been working for Spartan Race as a crew leader building obstacle courses. We were pretty much the first ones affected in the job market when this all started. The event industry is dead. I have alot of former coworkers who lost their homes because their other jobs between gigs with Spartan were in the music industry. I feel somewhat fortunate, all things considered. Garnered some heathy perspective from this.

Currently attending CDL school so I can be a useful member of society again.

Currently attending CDL school so I can be a useful member of society again.
    Good call. You might even be able to drive into Canada legally!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Good call. You might even be able to drive into Canada legally!
    Gotta figure out a cool way to mount my bike rack on a big rig

Not really worked up about it, just pointing out why american tags are gona get called in
    in any case we are probably not talking about a lot of travellers to/from AK but those who are traveling north or south agreed to stay in the fucking car, so nobody is going to have a conversation with people ( who might have guns BTW ) who are not in the car why they are not in their car

Just let CBSA deal with it
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-29-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Gotta figure out a cool way to mount my bike rack on a big rig
    maybe a trailer?

I wouldn't call CBSA on American plates. I'd give them the benefit of doubt. Sorry Al you're on your own there

to drive thru Canada from the most disease ridden country in the world they were given instructions to stay in the car, If we weren't so easy going we would tell them to take the ferry ... zero fucks given lee

What if they are essential workers ... and they just spending some free time enjoying the park?
    How would you know?
    Why don't you secretly stick a satellite tracker under their bumper and make a film documentary
    "Pandemic travels: an American plate in Whistler"

to drive thru Canada from the most disease ridden country in the world they were given instructions to stay in the car, If we weren't so easy going we would tell them to take the ferry ... zero fucks given lee
    While I would agree that our Coronavirus outbreak is out of control, it would be a stretch for anyone to label the US as the most disease ridden country in the world.

Your nonsensical bloviating recently makes me wonder if you’re in the early stages of dementia.

Hah gone for a bit... and wtf happened?

You all need to get outside, this conversation is past the point of healthy/constructive debate. Buncha people arguing, none of which are from Whis or the city... hah.