Page 107 of 165 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4118
    Question for the collective, especially hunters: what would you be hunting at around 9k" in the Carson Pass area right now? Trophy voles??

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    What’s with the bong and white claw over and over again?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Lack of creativity. Also what the dirtbagger photoshopping these pics likes so why not?

It just doesn't strike me as Tahoe second homeowner. More like a glass of Chardonnay and some brie.

It doesn't seem like *that* many people are flooding into the area for Memorial weekend (compared to usual), although I haven't driven by Safeway. Maybe the temporary ban on STR's is actually working?

Anybody here live in Glenshire? Nice or too far removed from town?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Anybody here live in Glenshire? Nice or too far removed from town?
    Haven't lived there, but looked at houses in every neighborhood weighing pros and cons and did several multi-day stays in each to get a feel for it, including Glenshire. It doesn't really take any longer (or much) to get downtown as it does from Sierra Meadows or Tahoe Donner or the west side of Donner lake or Prosser. And the connecting bike path they put in a few years ago along the river is great. The only downside IMO is that Glenshire Drive can be sketchy in the winter and some people drive like maniacs on it and there seems to be a lot of wrecks. The upside is the occupancy rate by full time residents is higher than any other neighborhood, except maybe Olympic Heights? Also less snow to deal with at lower elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Haven't lived there, but looked at houses in every neighborhood weighing pros and cons and did several multi-day stays in each to get a feel for it, including Glenshire. It doesn't really take any longer (or much) to get downtown as it does from Sierra Meadows or Tahoe Donner or the west side of Donner lake or Prosser. And the connecting bike path they put in a few years ago along the river is great. The only downside IMO is that Glenshire Drive can be sketchy in the winter and some people drive like maniacs on it and there seems to be a lot of wrecks. The upside is the occupancy rate by full time residents is higher than any other neighborhood, except maybe Olympic Heights? Also less snow to deal with at lower elevation.
    Awesome. Very helpful info, thank you for sharing! I can see where parts of the Glenshire drive would be sketchy in the winter. I'm imagining the problem spots being the big uphill turn on the way out to Glenshire (from Truckee) and the hill on the way to Hirschdale seems like it would be icy though the winter as it's tucked away from the sun. Can't imagine it'd be worse than Northwoods?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Awesome. Very helpful info, thank you for sharing! I can see where parts of the Glenshire drive would be sketchy in the winter. I'm imagining the problem spots being the big uphill turn on the way out to Glenshire (from Truckee) and the hill on the way to Hirschdale seems like it would be icy though the winter as it's tucked away from the sun. Can't imagine it'd be worse than Northwoods?
    Safe as any other drive. It's the drunkards crashin that road

Turning onto Donner Pass Rd (I think they call it Truckee Way now) from Glenshire Dr can be dicey due to poor sight distance and speeders, although the new roundabout at Stockrest Springs Rd has slowed the SB traffic. Nothing wrong with the location. Not nearly as much snow as further west in Truckee, maybe colder in the winter when the inversion is in.

Can't imagine it'd be worse than Northwoods?
    Northwoods is so steep that on snow days people tend to take it pretty slow... but yeah, obviously that's a clusterfuck sometimes and I will often leave TD via Alder Creek / 89 instead. It should improve once they install that roundabout at Northwoods / Donner Pass road. I think they had planned to do it this summer but maybe that's on hold now?

For the dookeys and patch skiers among us.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5888.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	702.5 KB 
ID:	329665
    Very minimal sun cups as well.

I live in Glenshire. Our flowers are popping by end of March/beginning of April. We get way less snow here than anywhere else in Tahoe/Truckee.

Glenshire Drive is nothing like Northwoods. NW is a damn junkshow with any snow. Glenshire Drive is just a little slow with snow. No big hills so no worries. Also, basically all full-time residents, so people are generally used to the snow.

It's a great full-time resident community. We're a little further from downtown than most neighborhoods. Most Truckee/TC residents think Glenshire is basically Verdi.

My main complaint with Glenshire is that the local MTB trails are totally meh, especially compared to the neighborhood trails in TD, Prosser, Sierra Meadows, etc. I do local laps in the hood, but would never suggest someone drive in their car to ride the trails here. Similar drawback in winter -- no local BC skiing.

We have a RAD general store here so you don't have to go to Safeway for every little thing. Nice little pizza company too.

Since you're into schooling (K-12?), the Elementary School is highly rated, for whatever little that is worth, and my friends/kids seem to like it. (Ours commute to Kings Beach Elementary with my teacher-wife for the Spanish immersion program.)

It is an oasis out here - you don't feel the holiday crowds much since we're off the beaten path. Definitely a little further from Squaw/Tahoe/Donner/everywhere-except-Reno. TERRIBLE PLACE to own a second home -- your airBNB will get no renters, it's too far from Tahoe and the resorts, the angry locals will chase out the renters with pitchforks and torches and feces-smeared effigies of Andy Wirth, and we're all angry fascists out here too. TD is the place for that.

Shoot me a PM and I'll show you the hood anytime.
    sproing!

Well what strange times we have been in, hopefully we can ease into more normalcy soon without another big wave of outbreaks, guess we will find out soon enough. Feel blessed to live in the mountains with some of my favorite peaks right in my backyard which I skied exclusivity with the exception of one day at Kirkwood till April 21 when the backyard hills burned out. I’ve never seen the backcountry get so hammered as it was during the shutdown, really unprecedented. Went to heavenly once with the girlfriend while they still allowed uphill access, with the intention of skiing the face, I think like two days after a snowstorm was pretty much tracked out like the lifts had been running on a pow day for 3 hours, we just turned around and went elsewhere. Skied solo way more than was probably safe and with my girlfriend and her son who isolated with her since college was shutdown. Got her son into halls, mini, hidden and and several other killer lines, he’s a great skier. Gimpy drove to my side of town a couple times to meet and ski in March, the skiing was good but you had to be on it early for fresh lines.

Anyway not sure if I’ll get around to posting pics but here is a video with excerpts from the days in March I brought the GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I live in Glenshire. Our flowers are popping by end of March/beginning of April. We get way less snow here than anywhere else in Tahoe/Truckee.

Glenshire Drive is nothing like Northwoods. NW is a damn junkshow with any snow. Glenshire Drive is just a little slow with snow. No big hills so no worries. Also, basically all full-time residents, so people are generally used to the snow.

It's a great full-time resident community. We're a little further from downtown than most neighborhoods. Most Truckee/TC residents think Glenshire is basically Verdi.

My main complaint with Glenshire is that the local MTB trails are totally meh, especially compared to the neighborhood trails in TD, Prosser, Sierra Meadows, etc. I do local laps in the hood, but would never suggest someone drive in their car to ride the trails here. Similar drawback in winter -- no local BC skiing.

We have a RAD general store here so you don't have to go to Safeway for every little thing. Nice little pizza company too.

Since you're into schooling (K-12?), the Elementary School is highly rated, for whatever little that is worth, and my friends/kids seem to like it. (Ours commute to Kings Beach Elementary with my teacher-wife for the Spanish immersion program.)

It is an oasis out here - you don't feel the holiday crowds much since we're off the beaten path. Definitely a little further from Squaw/Tahoe/Donner/everywhere-except-Reno. TERRIBLE PLACE to own a second home -- your airBNB will get no renters, it's too far from Tahoe and the resorts, the angry locals will chase out the renters with pitchforks and torches and feces-smeared effigies of Andy Wirth, and we're all angry fascists out here too. TD is the place for that.

Shoot me a PM and I'll show you the hood anytime.
    Thanks! We got a great vibe from the neighborhood and I made sure I grabbed a slice at the pizza place before we left town -was impressed. We haven't signed the lease yet as we're trying to decide between a couple of places. But this is all great info and after hearing from some local friends, it's rising to the top of the list. If we end up there, I'll get in touch!

Glenshire can be great for families with young kids (for the elementary school) if you like to be social (more full time neighbors) and if you work in Reno. Definite plus to have less snow to deal with than closer to the crest.

Thanks! We got a great vibe from the neighborhood and I made sure I grabbed a slice at the pizza place before we left town -was impressed. We haven't signed the lease yet as we're trying to decide between a couple of places. But this is all great info and after hearing from some local friends, it's rising to the top of the list. If we end up there, I'll get in touch!
    Sweet - holler. Good luck. Lemme know if I can help.

TahoeBC, that was awesome. Halls footy was excellent, and you had a nice long segment (2-3 laps?) from a zone I've been wanting to check out for a while. Thanks for the visuals!!
    sproing!

I’ll just put this here

23 ants ahead had us plan b on sat

Name:	IMG_4864.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	678.6 KB 
ID:	329745
    Plan b

Name:	IMG_4948.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	329746
    Plan a after crowds left

Name:	IMG_4974.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	913.1 KB 
ID:	329747
    Lookers left line still only had same 2 track from the day before and.... it looked to be wintry still
    Yup

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	329748

Name:	IMG_5007.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	329749
    Smoooooove

Name:	IMG_5067.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	961.5 KB 
ID:	329750

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Well what strange times we have been in...Anyway not sure if I’ll get around to posting pics but here is a video with excerpts from the days in March I brought the GoPro
    Nice vid. Thanx.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Halls of god is one of my favorite places in Tahoe.

Nice skiing.

In France, lockdown for 8 weeks, no skiing or mountain biking.

I tried to sneak over to ski, sure enough, police: where do you think you're going??

And now the snow is gone.

Mountain biked some though, and riding is awesome now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

That Halls footy...looked so damn tasty.

Gimpy - Leavitt looked pretty fun. Finally should get a few days first weekend of June before driving to Telluride. Thinking Tioga but maybe some Round Top/Sisters if the Woods Lake gate pops.

Thanks all, Meter typically I do at least 3 runs in that zone, if especially good I would pop out a 4th, skied there a lot.

That’s a bummer Rod, Extremely interested in the area your at, sometime I can see my self spending a few weeks there spur of the moment when conditions and weather line up. You spending another year there?

Nice Gimpy, got a solo bike ride past the gates on Sonora before the pass opened, was a great way to cap my season for the most part, might get out for a random day here or there but I’ve pretty much transitioned in to bike season

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Nice. I just officially made the move to Truckee last week myself (finally converting the second home into my primary residence) after the pandemic delayed my earlier plans. Hearing that real estate prices are going up fast around here as a result of that trend. Seeing the same thing happening back in my hometown of Sonoma as well. All of these tech workers who will now be allowed to work from home realizing that it’s nicer to own a 3,000 square foot home for the same price as a one bedroom condo in Cupertino.

Edit: right on queue... https://www.sierrasun.com/news/local...d-19-shutdown/
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-26-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Skied solo way more than was probably safe and with my girlfriend and her son who isolated with her since college was shutdown. Got her son into halls, mini, hidden and and several other killer lines, he’s a great skier.
    That's so weird he'd be a great skier too. ;-)
    Sweet video. Your back yard > my back yard.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Never ever ever seen the Y look like that. Not too surprised people are getting out and getting after it. Oh well. At least it is not the Ozark.