Page 456 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    My point is don't pretend to be concerned about foreign election interference and the sanctity of elections in one breadth and then wholly shut down the mere idea of tightening voter controls as outright racist. It doesnt compute in my brain. Maybe you can rectify the two.
    I learned long ago both parties run on the sizzle and not the steak.
    JFC this is off topic and glib.

1) institutional election influencing by a foreign governments/agents - hacking, disseminating false information, sowing confusion - is beyond bad and shouldn't be tolerated in the least
    2) disenfranchising voters through gerrymandering, selective restricting (limited polling places, adding burden) or actions rising to what is in essence a "poll tax" to influence the outcome - is unconscionable

virtually all of the Rs "controls" are aimed at disenfranchising people who they don't believe will earn their vote - on record as stating as such, in less guarded moments

Has nothing to do with security.

Name:  mornoavirus.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  89.7 KB

And assholes are assholes, who cares if they are Dems or Repbulicans, or one is worse than the other.

I think it's time to start a new COVID thread this one is a mess and hard to decipher.

My point is don't pretend to be concerned about foreign election interference and the sanctity of elections in one breadth and then wholly shut down the mere idea of tightening voter controls as outright racist. It doesnt compute in my brain. Maybe you can rectify the two.

Am i supposed to be scared of foreign election interference or not? I'm not buying that ads on facebook change my opinion one way or another. i don't even have a facebook account.
    I would just a reasonable, measured adult conversation with politicians about what is and what is not a threat. If it's russians hacking, then give me a paper ballot and i'll show up.
    screaming racist or screaming conspiracy theories is not productive. It's how we wound up here in the first place. No one gives a shit about you.
    Look its Captain false equivalence.

Seriously forget the insults, you believe in some dumb ass shit .

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    And assholes are assholes, who cares if they are Dems or Repbulicans, or one is worse than the other.

I think it's time to start a new COVID thread this one is a mess and hard to decipher.
    This is the best thread on TGR ever!
    Look back in a year : ) it is a classic today

Sent from ullr with love!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    JFC this is off topic and glib.

1) institutional election influencing by a foreign governments/agents - hacking, disseminating false information, sowing confusion - is beyond bad and shouldn't be tolerated in the least
    2) disenfranchising voters through gerrymandering, selective restricting (limited polling places, adding burden) or actions rising to what is in essence a "poll tax" to influence the outcome - is unconscionable

virtually all of the Rs "controls" are aimed at disenfranchising people who they don't believe will earn their vote - on record as stating as such, in less guarded moments

Has nothing to do with security.
    this x1000
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    There's simply no comparison of the slimness of the Clintons (99) to the sliminess of Trump (99999999999999).

Maybe you hold the wealthy in high regard, most uneducated people do. Not to say you're uneducated, I don't know.

But the reason why is because gretch held up Trump as a more successful person than anyone here, which is more than a bit insulting and entirely false. Try to pay attention.
    First of again try some reading comprehension. I don't hold anyone in high regard. Lowest degrees in my home is a masters. So put the possible uneducated dig aside. My point is you are assigning a value structure based on degrees of sliminess. I am not. Some people would not take a spouse back after cheating `10 tens times, some wouldn't take them back after one time. In my book they are all cheaters,plain and simple. By allowing degrees of shitty people to "rule" us, some, not all believe that because Trump and his ilk are Emperor sleazeballs, that the Clintons and Feinsteing aren't too bad. For the record Feinstein ran unopposed last time. Therefore, we, being all of us are essentially given choices of a shit sandwich or a really shitty sandwich.
    I can't say it more plainly. The entire debacle has been handled in the worst possible way. Trump is a blowhard and not successful in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Let's just say that this is the level of details one needs in order to understand where we were and where we stand today. This also represents the quality of information we should all aspire to. Turn to this playlist before you read another CNN, Fox news or opinion piece. Choose your sources wisely.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PXtMzA9mgqsXoW
    bump for relevence.

Recommend the talks by Susan Weiss and Paul Bates.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Oh balls. I hadn't even thought of that. Florida, Louisiana, Minnesota and a bunch of others are screwed if that can happen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Luckily we have people like mofro to think about this for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

ok back to pandemic talk now?

can't help but notice that this shit started after bobby left.......

praxis rx.

First of again try some reading comprehension. I don't hold anyone in high regard. Lowest degrees in my home is a masters. So put the possible uneducated dig aside.
    I made a point about the uneducated and clearly exempted you from them. Who has the reading problem?
    My point is you are assigning a value structure based on degrees of sliminess. I am not. Some people would not take a spouse back after cheating `10 tens times, some wouldn't take them back after one time. In my book they are all cheaters,plain and simple. By allowing degrees of shitty people to "rule" us, some, not all believe that because Trump and his ilk are Emperor sleazeballs, that the Clintons and Feinsteing aren't too bad. For the record Feinstein ran unopposed last time. Therefore, we, being all of us are essentially given choices of a shit sandwich or a really shitty sandwich.
    Again, the remarks about Trump came about because of gretch's claim. I'm not arguing that most politicians are sleazeballs. However, degree matters.

I can't say it more plainly. The entire debacle has been handled in the worst possible way. Trump is a blowhard and not successful in my book.
    OK, we agree. So what's your point again? That degree doesn't matter? How digital!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

In other news, Rep. Sherman (D-CA) is the first person to preside over the house while having a mask photoshopped over his face.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I believe there was a playbook already established for all that and it was resoundingly ignored.
    Oh yeah. It was all thought through. But Trump and McConnell took the $$ that went into that and gave it to Oleg Deripaska...
    Now sociopath Trump is failing miserably at reinventing the public health* wheel with a revolving door of new hack marketers every other mooch. Not a leader. Sad for America. Coulda got us in a trench war with Iran - That woulda killed a quarter million Americans and cost trillions, but they'd all be volunteers and it would have helped the economy instead of hurting it like Looser Moran Trumpflu19.

*"...Promote the General Welfare and Ensure the blessings of Liberty..."

Ugh... there is a FB post running on a page I loosely follow where people are mocking CV-19 deaths saying it's fake news.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

U guys see trump failing at that. China fucked up pretty bad too. Tried to hide as long as possible and fucked the whole world. China locked down waaaay to late.

Am i supposed to be scared of foreign election interference or not? I'm not buying that ads on facebook change my opinion one way or another. i don't even have a facebook account.
    I would just a reasonable, measured adult conversation with politicians about what is and what is not a threat. If it's russians hacking, then give me a paper ballot and i'll show up.
    screaming racist or screaming conspiracy theories is not productive. It's how we wound up here in the first place. No one gives a shit about you.
    Ok, so just to put it back on you a bit. Oregon has 100% mail in voting. It works great and AFAIK there is very little fraudulence. Applying your logic, that in person voting with more stringent ID requirements is not racist then you must think our mail in voting approach is racist, or at least fraudulent. Do you think mail in voting by troops is fraudulent? This is interesting because I think what you're getting at is that because of the virus we cannot have mail in voting and therefore no elections until this passes.

I would say yes, we should be concerned about foreign interference. It's a lot more than FB ads by the way....read up on it some more would be my suggestion, then come up with an opinion on it. The dude barely won the election...so yeah, I think it could have had enough of an influence to sway the election.

Back to mail in voting and this crisis we're in, I think it's really the only fair option we have and it works really well here, so I would recommend that before you shit on it, learn about it a little bit and formulate an opinion. It's not as disastrous as you think.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ugh... there is a FB post running on a page I loosely follow where people are mocking CV-19 deaths saying it's fake news.
    I get youtube vids and emails from those conspiracists It's quite an industry.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

the shit has hit the fan so leaders have had to really lead

up narth here we have seen leaders & public officials really step up

while Trump is still just a fucking moron
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    U guys see trump failing at that. China fucked up pretty bad too. Tried to hide as long as possible and fucked the whole world. China locked down waaaay to late.

While that's true, we tend to bitch about our elected officials more often since there's really not much we can do about China.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wait until we see the numbers and cases who died.... this respiratory sickness is strange...
    Very strange

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Honestly, follow the Oregon example and I think it would work fine. You register to vote, you are sent a ballot in the language with which you speak, you fill out ballot and then either mail it in or drop it off at a collection station. It's fucking basic. You don't send out one ballot in 20 different languages. Anyhow, that is a good article on the downsides of these voting approaches.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

People continue to read what they want to read and make it fit their own views. The last 4 pages have made that abundantly clear. Painfully obvious the one sided view of some. Individuals on both the far left and far right continue to show their bias and inability to think on their own.

If you interpreted what I said as holding up Trump as some great person that should be worshiped, you are a fool. If you don't consider being elected president of the United States as a success, you are lying to yourself. To be clear, I said it was moronic to say that "Trump has failed at everything in life." Also, yes, being elected President is probably a greater single accomplishment then any career accomplishment any mag has accomplished.

Anyhow, carry on.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)