Page 449 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,225 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    He has done better dealing with the situation than the alternative/s - who were really fucking lame. Corbyn was a thick cunt who couldn't tie his own shoe laces.
    Yeah, well, still running with the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Teleee, you're a man of the world... welcome anywhere you travel.

That sounds a little whack. So will 2nd home owners have blackout dates during ski season? What about maintenance visits?

What's the problem if someone brings all their food and stays at their house?

Supposed to lay low, I get that, but seems unconstitutional. Is it that out of control in CB?! (Typed from 2nd home...)
    There's no way counties can lawfully just close access arbitrarily like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I wonder how they determine and or enforce this? I have 2 homes (3 actually, if you count our rental in Fort Collins). We work and live in Gunnison 1/2 the time and then in Idaho 1/2 the time, working and living in both communities. I have struggled with what has been the right thing to do here... Either place could be considered our 2nd home...
    You vote here, right? I don't know, I'd say you're first home is here As for enforcement I suspect that will come from "anonymous tips" or something? I know there's a hotline for STR's, hotels. motels not following the rules. I don't know, just thought it was pretty interesting. Guess we're just following our history from 1918 when you'd go straight to jail if you got off the train in Gunnison. Nobody died here then, so I guess it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    $5k and/or 18 months in jail for anyone visiting Gunnison County under the newest county health orders, including second home owners.
    Not seeing it on their site: https://gunnisoncrestedbutte.com/plan/covid-19/ or in the Denver Post. https://www.google.com/search?client...GJLM1QGHtYzQCA

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Teleee, you're a man of the world... welcome anywhere you travel
    Right back at you BigDaddy!

goldenboy, if we base our home on where our favorite realtor is then yep, Gunnison is the place. It is very interesting and I can see them enforcing this on hotels and short term rentals, 2nd homes seem like a whole different can of worms.
    Damn strange times!
    rideit, nothing smart about it, mostly blind ass luck!

Edited to add, in WAY more important news, hey everyone, digital death is back!!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Running it's course without intervention means at least a million deaths in 2 months. That's 20,000 dead per day. Tens of millions more will be hospitalized, too sick to work, or have a loved one so sick they need to take time off work to care for them. Personally, I find the idea that the economy would hum right along through all of that to be dubious at best.
    This^^^
    Pretty much guarantees that infrastructure starts to wobble e.g. truck transport, the life's blood of our domestic economy gets hinky and unreliable REAL fast.

$5k and/or 18 months in jail for anyone visiting Gunnison County under the newest county health orders, including second home owners.
    So does that all but kill the tourism and real estate industry?

https://www.westernslopenow.com/news...ive-jail-fine/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    So does that all but kill the tourism and real estate industry?

https://www.westernslopenow.com/news...ive-jail-fine/
    It's early April. Nobody really shows up again until mid June anyway. Sure as hell hope it's better by then.

More lenient than 1918
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    There's no way counties can lawfully just close access arbitrarily like that.
    courts are effectively closed, who’s gonna do shit? Even if this weren’t the era of legal realism.

We're getting soft.
    Seem to remember reading that getting off the train in Gunnison earned you, for starters, 14 day quarantine In jail with a free hickory shampoo, no habeas corpus, then charges
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

New data site. Well unless I missed it here.

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    courts are effectively closed
    Where's that Willy Wonka meme?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Social Distancing without substantial understanding of how long the virus lives on surfaces, viral load required for transmittal, climate impact, etc means its hopefully a best guess.

We should as in the past isolate the most vulnerable: the weak, frail, elderly and their caretakers. Everyone else should just go bowling.

You'll have to point me to another example of when we've gone into a nationwide lockdown for an infections disease, not for the Spanish flu, not for polio, not for TB

In essence, Sweden's gotten it right in a big way. They're going to take a 3-5% economic hit, haven't rolled out trillions of new debt nor are they experiencing a 35% drop in GDP.

I'm curious to see how Belarus manages.

All that being said, glad to see people are finally learning to wash their hands.
    Sweden death rate pretty high and early in the infection spread. They haven't had many tests so we don't really know how well it is going as far as I can tell. They're 3 weeks behind us approximately and already have a higher death rate than us.

That being said I hope you're right because that would be a nicer way to attack this.

Deebased: "Social Distancing without substantial understanding of how long the virus lives on surfaces, viral load required for transmittal, climate impact, etc means its hopefully a best guess. "

-yeah no shit . We should be driven by the precautionary principle that reasonable steps to reduce risk should not await scientific certainty.

"We should as in the past isolate the most vulnerable: the weak, frail, elderly and their caretakers. Everyone else should just go bowling."

-So not "just let it run it's course" - gotcha

"You'll have to point me to another example of when we've gone into a nationwide lockdown for an infections disease, not for the Spanish flu, not for polio, not for TB"

- 100% irrelevant to my point that any internet tough guy can say "we should just let it run its course" and later pat themselves on the back

"In essence, Sweden's gotten it right in a big way. They're going to take a 3-5% economic hit, haven't rolled out trillions of new debt nor are they experiencing a 35% drop in GDP. "

- that's also equivalent to just "a best guess" - which in North America you criticize but when Sweden aligns more with your best guess they are getting "it right in a big way" - well if you're the expert

"All that being said, glad to see people are finally learning to wash their hands."

always good to end with a patronizing air of superiority

Where's that Willy Wonka meme?
    I dunno Oompa Loompa, where the fuck are you? I had jury duty last week, the place was shut the fuck down. You gonna tell me to stay in my lan and listen to bullshit Chicom numbers again?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I dunno Oompa Loompa, where the fuck are you? I had jury duty last week, the place was shut the fuck down. You gonna tell me to stay in my lan and listen to bullshit Chicom numbers again?
    Running 39 online hearings today.

47 tomorrow.

Running 39 online hearings today.

47 tomorrow.
    wow! Justice being done!

Apparently covid 19 infects and causes damage to heart in many patients.
    Death by heart attack in patients with no respiratory symptoms.
    https://khn.org/news/mysterious-hear...d-19-patients/

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Yeah, let’s just give everyone hydrochloriquine, seeing as it has heart defect side effects. BRILLIANT!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D507194-E8BB-4576-9E38-FA65AC592E01.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	441.2 KB 
ID:	324420

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Sweden death rate pretty high and early in the infection spread. They haven't had many tests so we don't really know how well it is going as far as I can tell. They're 3 weeks behind us approximately and already have a higher death rate than us.

That being said I hope you're right because that would be a nicer way to attack this.
    End of Feb is when both countries started to see the inception of the exponential curve...shrug

From the front lines Tristate hospital ER Doc

“Hey Kinnikinick,

Well... so much to say. Testing is a major failure aside from the fact that we don’t have vents or PPE - but you already knew that. “

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.