Page 448 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,200 of 41810
    Thanks bunion. Time will tell.

Take the skinheads bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Can you direct me to a contractor that does that? Never met one.
    Was waiting to be called out on that... I think I've done it at least twice in my 40 some years?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    But glad to have inspired this post. Says it perfectly.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

do we really let anything "run its course" other than the common cold?

influenza? we immunize people, we treat people with medications if they get it and are at high risk of complications, we tell people with it to stay away from others who are at high risk, we even give the medications to others as prevention against them potentially getting infected. One can make endless arguments about the effectiveness of these measures but it doesn't change the fact we don't just "let it run its course"

that's a vague statement that allows a person to say "see I was right" when really you haven't taken a stance on anything particular

Hey pic uploader back in action

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	642D14C8-25A9-41FD-9D9D-E9AA608FD10A.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	445.0 KB 
ID:	324384

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    My in-law's are saying similar things...Trump was taken out of context, or some such shit. Fucking ridiculous.

Thing is, anyone who voted for him is somewhat responsible for the dismal response, so it's easier to deny and act like he's doing a great job. Unfortunately, that's human nature...or at least human nature if you're a Trump supporter. In other words, you can't be wrong.
    I only really remember a handful of academia from our days together at U of O. I remember a Norwegian professor in my PoliSci program say that at the end of the day, there were three pillars to American politics: Marketing; perception and denial. Marketing portrays the candidate to appeal to their respective intellects, ideals and virtues; people then perceive what they want to believe about that candidate and finally, people's power of denial will always allow them to repeat the process.

I remember being in a late night cab around 2005 with R. Priest and EWF, and R was repeatedly asking EWF why he still supported the Iraq war, even after the evidence evaporated. EWF couldn't answer, only that it was how he felt at the time, and RP would repeat, "but why? But WHY?" It was sad, but also a reminder of the power of denial.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Has anybody evaluated the mosquito transmission potential yet?

That'd be like chocolate sprinkles on the ice cream cone of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    My espoused view point has and continues to be that we should let the disease run its course. Its a shitty utilitarian vantage point and we'll know in 18 months or so if/when a vaccine is released and distributed if it was the right choice.
    Running it's course without intervention means at least a million deaths in 2 months. That's 20,000 dead per day. Tens of millions more will be hospitalized, too sick to work, or have a loved one so sick they need to take time off work to care for them. Personally, I find the idea that the economy would hum right along through all of that to be dubious at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Yowzers, they should have held off the publishing of that paper for another month.

My espoused view point has and continues to be that we should let the disease run its course. Its a shitty utilitarian vantage point and we'll know in 18 months or so if/when a vaccine is released and distributed if it was the right choice.

As we're seeing in Japan/Singapore/Ecuador Covid isn't going away any time soon, its not seasonal and we'll either continue to be mostly shut down or we'll be in wave 2 by early summer.
    It is running its course, Einstein. The only thing we can do is better manage the death process, until vaccine.

Pence is on it; people are saying he is the best prayer ever. Nobody prays like him.

The gay population is gonna explode (heh) over the next few months, since Pence’s prayers are aimed in a different direction. But once he’s defeated Covid, he can go back to stopping the real threat to America.

Unfortunately, about day 28 IgG antibodies start to decline, whilst it remains in the blood and provides immunity for a while you can be re-infected
    Gone fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Betcha a lot of the TGR collective secretly nodded. Lots of second homes up in ski country.

And my mother is dead, you bastard.
    Respect to your mom

I’m sure she was a better woman than you.
    . . .

Goddamn the conspiracytards are irritating. https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...navirus-claims

At least 20 mobile phone masts across the UK are believed to have been torched or otherwise vandalised since Thursday, according to government and industry sources who are increasingly concerned about the impact of baseless theories linking coronavirus to 5G networks.

There have been noticeable clusters of attacks on masts around Liverpool and the West Midlands. Owing to the slow rollout of 5G in the UK, many of the masts that have been vandalised did not contain the technology and the attacks merely damaged 3G and 4G equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Blood borne transmission is nearly non-existent, there are very low % of virus positive patients that ever have detectable viral RNA in blood samples ~1% and they tend to be in the advanced disease catagory.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Boris Johnson in the ICU. Looks like the stupid and weak one was picked off from the fringes of the herd.
    He has done better dealing with the situation than the alternative/s - who were really fucking lame. Corbyn was a thick cunt who couldn't tie his own shoe laces.
    Gone fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Unfortunately, about day 28 IgG antibodies start to decline, whilst it remains in the blood and provides immunity for a while you can be re-infected
    A study on SARS antibodies showed they began to decline just as you describe but remain at detectable levels for a couple of years until becoming undetectable after around year three. If that's the case with SARS2 then a vaccine would either have to wipe out the disease or people would need to be periodically re-vaccinated every few years.

$5k and/or 18 months in jail for anyone visiting Gunnison County under the newest county health orders, including second home owners.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    do we really let anything "run its course" other than the common cold?

influenza? we immunize people, we treat people with medications if they get it and are at high risk of complications, we tell people with it to stay away from others who are at high risk, we even give the medications to others as prevention against them potentially getting infected. One can make endless arguments about the effectiveness of these measures but it doesn't change the fact we don't just "let it run its course"

that's a vague statement that allows a person to say "see I was right" when really you haven't taken a stance on anything particular

Social Distancing without substantial understanding of how long the virus lives on surfaces, viral load required for transmittal, climate impact, etc means its hopefully a best guess.

We should as in the past isolate the most vulnerable: the weak, frail, elderly and their caretakers. Everyone else should just go bowling.

You'll have to point me to another example of when we've gone into a nationwide lockdown for an infections disease, not for the Spanish flu, not for polio, not for TB

In essence, Sweden's gotten it right in a big way. They're going to take a 3-5% economic hit, haven't rolled out trillions of new debt nor are they experiencing a 35% drop in GDP.

I'm curious to see how Belarus manages.

All that being said, glad to see people are finally learning to wash their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Blood borne transmission is nearly non-existent, there are very low % of virus positive patients that ever have detectable viral RNA in blood samples ~1% and they tend to be in the advanced disease catagory.
    I was wondering/worried about that, too.

As Mofro and my Doc friend says, it's safe because it's a respiratory illness. Not transmissible through blood.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    $5k and/or 18 months in jail for anyone visiting Gunnison County under the newest county health orders, including second home owners.
    I wonder how they determine and or enforce this? I have 2 homes (3 actually, if you count our rental in Fort Collins). We work and live in Gunnison 1/2 the time and then in Idaho 1/2 the time, working and living in both communities. I have struggled with what has been the right thing to do here... Either place could be considered our 2nd home...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

What plates do you have?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Curious how this is implemented. Doubt the average Coloradbro sees the announcement, and certainly no New Yorker will see it. Do they have checkpoints? Airport closed? Can Gunnisinians leave and return?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What plates do you have?
    One of each actually, just licensed them where we were at the time.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Teleee, you're a man of the world... welcome anywhere you travel.

That sounds a little whack. So will 2nd home owners have blackout dates during ski season? What about maintenance visits?

What's the problem if someone brings all their food and stays at their house?

Supposed to lay low, I get that, but seems unconstitutional. Is it that out of control in CB?! (Typed from 2nd home...)

Smaht!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Respect to your mom

I’m sure she was a better woman than you.
    Hotter than yours.