Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Lee left out the Creekside route which goes up the road you climb to access kashmir, almost all the way to H86. Took me 1.5 hours to get to the go no further signs. lots of people out. think they are still grooming p2c

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Lee left out the Creekside route which goes up the road you climb to access kashmir, almost all the way to H86. Took me 1.5 hours to get to the go no further signs. lots of people out. think they are still grooming p2c
    Yah I forgot to embed it and added it later. It's in the WB map picture in the webpage link.

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    Do you have a link to that form. The one I found says does not apply to season and epic day passes. no mention of edge cards
    Same boat - I think he's mistaken. I combed the shit out of that form for the word EDGE and it wasn't there. I'll post my results as well once I hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Same boat - I think he's mistaken. I combed the shit out of that form for the word EDGE and it wasn't there. I'll post my results as well once I hear back.
    Yeah, form reads this: GUEST REFUND REQUEST FORM
    DOES NOT APPLY TO SEASON PASS AND EPIC DAY PASS PRODUCTS

It clearly says that lift tickets are refundable.

Unfortunately when you buy an Edge card it is found under the website link for Passes versus under the link for Tickets. So does WB consider and Edge Card to be a pass, because it’s definitely not a ticket.

Confusing, so interested to find out what you find out.

I’ve got all five days left on my card, although I did get 12 free early-season days in. And I already bought the 20/21 five-day card as soon as it came out, so ideally (for me) they’d add this season’s days to the new card and make it a 10-day.

But likely we’ll just get stiffed.

Bump for any news on Edge Card refund requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Bump for any news on Edge Card refund requests.
    Email sent out said they're working on stuff and to expect news late April.

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    Do you have a link to that form. The one I found says does not apply to season and epic day passes. no mention of edge cards
    Yeah I think you and ELDO are correct, I read it as lift tickets are refundable since it asks for the date on the form. I mixed up the passes, I have an EPIC 4-day, not an EDGE card, so I'm shit outta luck I think.

I get the feeling, and am hoping, that Vail will do something like transfer them forward for next year. No matter what they do, people are still gonna hate them though.
    Anyway, some recent obs. M/F crust on almost all aspects, pure north still skiing fairly well. Last little storm brought about 6-8cms fairly low density snow which now sits on a solid solid crust. Very little wind so no slab development. Expect this next wave of precip to bond poorly. Hoping it starts out nice and warm then gets progressively colder to bury the crust (and hopefully bond well).

Thanks to a few boneheads touring access is done. Only singing pass is left.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Looks like an epic week that is setting up too!

How do you reckon? I heard the same line from some lifties last week at Raven's Nest, saying that people weren't respecting the designated uphill routes and this will result in loss of all privileges. Realistically, with all the new snow how would they pull off the necessary avalanche control work in order for all those uphill routes to have safe downhill options. Seems like this would have happened anyways, unless I'm missing something?

Quote from Website:

WHISTLER BLACKCOMB IS CLOSED

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Whistler Blackcomb is no longer allowing uphill skiing/riding within our tenure. A single route to access Garibaldi Provincial Park along Singing Pass will remain open, until such time as the province closes the park. The Provincial Medical Health Officer is asking us to do our part and stay home to help flatten the curve. For Whistler Blackcomb, this means avalanche mitigation will no longer be conducted within our tenure. Avalanche Canada has also stopped forecasting. Please know, users assume all risks related to uphill travel on the designated route (Singing Pass) and the ski area remains closed. Safety is our top priority. Thank you for respecting our decision to protect the health of our community.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    I get the feeling, and am hoping, that Vail will do something like transfer them forward for next year.
    My guess is they will allow a transfer for next season, but it will be limited (e.g. max 5 days), and be restricted to early season conditions, pre-Xmas, when they need other, non-lift resort revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar View Post
    My guess is they will allow a transfer for next season, but it will be limited (e.g. max 5 days), and be restricted to early season conditions, pre-Xmas, when they need other, non-lift resort revenue.
    I sure hope we get something out of the deal. I have 7 days left on my edge card and the wife has 6. We usually count on March to do a lot of skiing, especially with the early season being non existent this year. I would normally be happy using leftover days in the bike park, if there is a bike park this year.

If any regulars are looking for obs feel free to pm me.

not strictly skiing , but just my personal effort to keep whistler stoke high , in the process of building a mini dh bike ready for the summer season that im positive will be epic , so having the frame custom painted in a personal homage from a brit who just loves BC winter and summer , to canada , whistler , Squamish and the bike park ... things will get better 👊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uirq...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    not strictly skiing , but just my personal effort to keep whistler stoke high , in the process of building a mini dh bike ready for the summer season that im positive will be epic , so having the frame custom painted in a personal homage from a brit who just loves BC winter and summer , to canada , whistler , Squamish and the bike park ... things will get better ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uirq...ature=youtu.be

"Summer season"

I don't think we'll see the bike park till Canada Day, at the earliest.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    "Summer season"

I don't think we'll see the bike park till Canada Day, at the earliest.
    we can but hope guys , lets look on the bright side hey

Just think of how we will now forever appreciate even the shittiest of days on the slopes/trails.

I mean at this point I'd welcome having to negotiate some long-as-fuck lift lines.

To be honest I'm not super optimistic about lifts rolling for ski season coming next year. Which would make next year's thread just myself and Maximus posting quadruple overhead blower pow pics

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    To be honest I'm not super optimistic about lifts rolling for ski season coming next year.
    Vail resorts is not optimistic either...based on their corporate update.

Vail resorts is cancelling all capital projects for 2020, employee Salary reductions up to 25%, cancellation of CEO salary for 6months and cancellation of shareholder dividends. They are strategizing to be alive at the end of this....

Not to mention- China mainland is starting to have a 2nd wave with more and more infections in the last few days since ending there lockdown...
    Last edited by teamdirt; 04-03-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    To be honest I'm not super optimistic about lifts rolling for ski season coming next year. Which would make next year's thread just myself and Maximus posting quadruple overhead blower pow pics
    Why wait until next year? Blower pow right now on the Duffey. This is your cue to covidiot shame me...

I guess I'm a glass half full kinda guy, but I'm hopefully next year's season will be on. Maybe some continued safety alterations, but we'll get to ski lift-served.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I guess I'm a glass half full kinda guy, but I'm hopefully next year's season will be on. Maybe some continued safety alterations, but we'll get to ski lift-served.
    The Blackcomb gondola is proving to be even more problematic now. The wiz and solar chair would be handy in our dystopian world.

The Blackcomb gondola is proving to be even more problematic now. The wiz and solar chair would be handy in our dystopian world.
    I know Vail has put a freeze on capital improvements, but maybe they can make an exception and put in a couple tow ropes up Blackcomb this summer.

Can’t see the bike park opening. Where are the staff going to come from? Sounds like they are trying to put plans together but so much is unknown. Wonder when they will decide re: Crankworx.