Page 398 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Like the person above me that posted they would rather lick door knobs then live like that....it is something I am not willing to go through. Leave my groceries outside or in my garage for three days? How would that work in the summer?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Admit it. You can’t make it through a 500 word article. They gave options. Why would I bother to re-type if you have blinders on.

So found out an old waterpolo buddy has it. He also has 7 high end restaurants shut down in SF, and easily a million plus a month in rent.

Unbelievable how fast life can go to shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    How many days until the U.S. forces them to adjust their scale?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    U S A!

U S A!

U S A!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Ha. Like last week's employment report. Bang, zoom, to the moon!

So, they're learning from the dead. Seems that there is a big correlation with pre existing conditions, like diabetes and heart problems, who are buddies down at the end of the bar. So one wonders how the South will prevail, home to the most obese in America.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6913e2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    "A long narrow section of the ground"... So a ditch then? Solid plan imo, those guys get right to the point.

The world needs ditch diggers, eh?

You know, even though this happened about 2/7, ya wonder if it was a source for high Colorado's problems.

^ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know, even though this happened about 2/7, ya wonder if it was a source for high Colorado's problems.
    Probably a bit too early. This guy seems to have been the CO ski country super-spreader (shortly after skiing in northern Italy, which this article doesn't mention), and he was at Vail about 3 weeks after your photo.

The world needs ditch diggers Danny.

@Benny it was confirmed the “vip” that went to the conference with Pence had been to Italy before he came to Vail and elsewhere and was patient zero.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...al-small-towns

“Wealth is the vector.” That’s what sociologist Tressie McMillan Cottom tweeted last week, in reference to the spread of COVID-19 across both the globe and the United States. Wealth is not the cause of every concentrated outbreak dotting the United States. But it’s the common denominator of so much of its spread outside of major urban areas. It’s the reason why so many of the coronavirus hot spots in the Mountain West — Sun Valley, Idaho; Gunnison County, Colorado; Summit County, Utah; Gallatin County, Montana — overlap with winter playgrounds for the wealthy. The virus travels via people, and the people who travel the most, both domestically and internationally, are rich people.

A party in the tony bedroom community of Westport, Connecticut, all the way back on March 5, became what one epidemiologist referred to as a “super-spreading event,” with infected attendees dispersing throughout Connecticut and New England, and one party-goer falling ill on a plane ride back to South Africa. In Idaho’s Blaine County, home to Sun Valley, more than half of the residential properties are second homes or rental properties, and more than 30,000 people fly into the regional airport during ski season alone. As of March 31, 187 people in the county of 22,000 have tested positive, including local emergency room physician Brent Russell. Two people have died. The town’s small hospital has two ICU beds and a single ventilator.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    The world needs ditch diggers Danny.

@Benny it was confirmed the “vip” that went to the conference with Pence had been to Italy before he came to Vail and elsewhere and was patient zero.
    It was that fucking Carter Page, wasn't it?

So, they're learning from the dead. Seems that there is a big correlation with pre existing conditions, like diabetes and heart problems, who are buddies down at the end of the bar. So one wonders how the South will prevail, home to the most obese in America.

Yay
    Fuck the south
    You southern south living south of mason Dixon arbitrary south line century old war something something Yankees win

Really dude?
    . . .

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 9.10.30 PM.png
Views: 595
Size:  258.3 KB

none of the above has a solid lead.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    None of the above wins In non hospitalization. Yesssssss

But current smoker is 5% icu

Former smoker 20% icu?

Holee fuk.

Makes me want to smoke a cigarette nine miles long
    . . .

Yeah, but pretty scary that if you have at least one of the listed conditions you basically have a 50-50 shot of needing hospitalization.

I don't understand why if you add across the three columns they don't come out to 100%, though.
    edit: I suspect that's the "status unknown" portion shown in grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    None of the above wins In non hospitalization. Yesssssss

But current smoker is 5% icu

Former smoker 20% icu?

Holee fuk.

Makes me want to smoke a cigarette nine miles long
    I suspect lots of the real geezers are former smokers, and the current smokers skew younger which would explain the discrepancy. Essentially there aren't many real old "current smokers" because they all died younger from smoking...

covid didnt get here from Wuhan by walking, it flew here on an airplane hanging out with upworldly mobile college boys and girls who can afford to fly or hanging out with other people who fly ... think of it as a rich man's pandemic
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

they say that most or all of use are gonna get it - and when you do you want to be in the "none of the above" group - or at least have your chronic medical conditions optimised as much as possible

I agree that the "former smokers" are the ones that quit when they went on home oxygen from burning their lungs up

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I suspect lots of the real geezers are former smokers, and the current smokers skew younger which would explain the discrepancy. Essentially there aren't many real old "current smokers" because they all died younger from smoking...
    essentially your trying to tell me you havent seen any "old" people "currently smoking" because they "all died"
    essentially im thinking you are not looking really hard or even at all or don't understand the definition of "all"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

It gets a bit complicated as they have a separate line for chronic lung disease - which if you smoke long enough you’re gonna get and quitting doesn’t make it go away once that lung disease is there

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    essentially your trying to tell me you havent seen any "old" people "currently smoking" because they "all died"
    essentially im thinking you are not looking really hard or even at all or don't understand the definition of "all"
    I never said there aren't "any" old people smoking, but I'll betcha it's a factor and probably explains the difference in these stats for current and former smokers. Most lifelong, heavy smokers don't make it to 80+ where COVID-19 is going to put most people in the hospital.

I can tell you for a fact that a shitton of people got brought infection to the Burton open.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague