Page 1213 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 ... LastLast
Results 30,301 to 30,325 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Splashback when dropping depth charges in the porcelain pool.

One of the best things my dad taught me when i was a youngun' was to lay a square or three of toilet paper in the water before dropping a charge. Nothing worse than ice cold water splashing your ass in the morning.

I taped over the camera on my laptop.
    Really? I can still still you.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Heh. PM rontele.
    I just faxed him.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Babybear, why they would push this is beyond the pale. Even our orthodontist dentist cancelled everything Fuck them. Tell them she’s cancelling or they will be put blast if they have a problem w it
    thank you. I started to think, “am I just being too paranoid?”
    but there’s hardly a more at risk person than my mom. I’m not taking any chances
    5 cases here in jackson

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Most of our company is east coast. Their favorite thing to do is set up calls for 9 or 10am their time so us in CA have to get up early or skip. Used to have one woman who would set up calls half hour before start time. I'd get in to the office at 830 and find out there had been a call scheduled for 8, with invite sent at 730. Bitch. She was shown the door after a year of that BS.
    I get this too. it boggles my mind. smart people but they can’t MF remember that there are different time zones?
    One of my traders will be IM’ing me at 5am my time “you there?”
    I have worked with him for 17 yrs- for the love of dog, I’m happy to be responsive but text me
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Kids should get whole milk, unless they're little fattumses. Whole milk is best for cooking. There's a big pot of mac & cheese with onion & bacon baking in the Aga right now. Whole milk in there!
    Skim would be annoying as fuck.
    One of the few battles with wifey that I won

Kids are hyperactive bean poles. If they start to get fat, I’ll consider the skim.
    Nah. I’ll just stop buying milk.
    Skim milk is expensive water
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    One of the best things my dad taught me when i was a youngun' was to lay a square or three of toilet paper in the water before dropping a charge. Nothing worse than ice cold water splashing your ass in the morning.
    Maybe that’s why the females use so much tp?
    They are the smarter sex.
    Or so they tell me. Over and over and over again.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I get this too. it boggles my mind. smart people but they can’t MF remember that there are different time zones?
    One of my traders will be IM’ing me at 5am my time “you there?”
    I have worked with him for 17 yrs- for the love of dog, I’m happy to be responsive but text me
    I’m in ET, and we have critical vendors in PT. I get the opposite.... oh, a status meeting at 3pm Friday, your time? Hahahahahahahaha.....

NO.
    focus.

Shit that annoys you

My boss does not understand and/or is openly defiant of social distancing. I commented elsewhere that he was visiting all remote locations in person, distributing candy bars.

Turns out, the candy bars are in a single box, and he’s having people choose their favorite. He walked around just now, office to office, at our main office, letting people pick over the leftovers.

I said no thanks.
    focus.

Allergies in the time of covid.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My company was nice enough to allot an extra 40 hours of paid time off for issues related to Covid-19, things like take 2 hours to get kids set up for school work, taking care of elders, etc....Basically following sick time rules, don’t ask why, won’t carry over, etc...

One asshat on my team had a vacation day scheduled for Monday, asks me if he can use this Covid-19 time instead of PTO.
    C’mon man this isn’t an extra week vacation, it’s for people who need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’m in ET, and we have critical vendors in PT. I get the opposite.... oh, a status meeting at 3pm Friday, your time? Hahahahahahahaha.....

NO.
    East coast vs West coast isnt just a rap thang. But you should try follow the sun. It makes ET vs PT seem like child's play.

Same for the fucks I used to work for that would humble brag about not taking any vacation days. Hey dumb fucks, our corp policy was zero carryover. You just worked two extra weeks (or more!) w no paycheck. Facepalm and annoyed
    True story: Years ago I'm sitting in a "crew room" with probably about twenty co-workers. One guy is talking about how the company gave him some token of appreciation (I think it was a $50 prepaid visa) for not taking any sick days during the previous year, and he's being a little smug/self congratulatory/company shill about it. The end of the conversation went like this...

"...so it pays to not take your sick days. The company gave me $50!"

Random other guy, "Well, I took ALL of my sick days last year, and the company gave me three grand!"

East coast vs West coast isnt just a rap thang. But you should try follow the sun. It makes ET vs PT seem like child's play.
    Ha! I talk to India daily and the Philippines a few days a week. At least the Philippines follows ET hours.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The fact that everyone has their preferred method of communication and gets annoyed that others don't adhere to that.
    When someone tries to communicate with me by every means available virtually simultaneously. If you call my office, call my cell phone, send an email and a text all within 60 seconds, it does not speed my response.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Ha! I talk to India daily and the Philippines a few days a week. At least the Philippines follows ET hours.
    Ya, I usually check in with India 1st shift before I go to bed. And we have a daily turnover meeting with India 2nd shift before they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    When someone tries to communicate with me by every means available virtually simultaneously. If you call my office, call my cell phone, send an email and a text all within 60 seconds, it does not speed my response.
    Oof. That's like folks asking for status every two minutes when you are desperately trying to get something back online and really need to just be left to work it through with the technical team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I would think exactly the opposite, no?

Same for the fucks I used to work for that would humble brag about not taking any vacation days.
    I've heard many people at work saying they need to take vacation because otherwise they'd lose it. We're allowed to carry up to two years worth, so for people who've been at the company for 20 years that's eight weeks of vacation. I cannot fathom why you would choose to accumulate eight weeks of vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I would think exactly the opposite, no?
    you got that right. For multiple reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I cannot fathom why you would choose to accumulate eight weeks of vacation.
    That's not a vacation, it's a sabbatical. Eight weeks off paid to go on some epic adventure would be amazing, but there's zero chance that's what any of these guys are doing.

We have a statewide shelter-in-place but the remodel down the road hasn't stopped - there's a crew of 7-8 guys there 6 days/week. Construction is technically exempt but adding a master suite to your second home doesn't exactly seem like an essential service.

I've heard many people at work saying they need to take vacation because otherwise they'd lose it. We're allowed to carry up to two years worth, so for people who've been at the company for 20 years that's eight weeks of vacation. I cannot fathom why you would choose to accumulate eight weeks of vacation.
    When I left my last job I cashed out 12 weeks of vacation. Had to take a day and a couple hours off every two weeks to avoid losing any. Helped pay for the move and part of the down payment on (what is now) my ex wife’s house.

When I say it like that, I should have taken the 60 days off.... but it wasn’t a bad exit strategy.
    focus.

My vacation doesn't carry over. I make a point to use every bit. And on the rare occasion something came up last minute and prevented me from doing so, I have gotten management to give exceptions, which they can do in certain circumstances.

Guy in front of me at the butcher today coughed into his hand then proceeded to rub the counter with his hand and touch just about everything he could.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    We have a statewide shelter-in-place but the remodel down the road hasn't stopped - there's a crew of 7-8 guys there 6 days/week. Construction is technically exempt but adding a master suite to your second home doesn't exactly seem like an essential service.
    Non-essential here. Local authorities have posted a number on FB for calling and reporting such activity. I could see allowing a person laying tile or doing plumbing/electrical etc. but a whole crew would be pushing it IMO.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Shit that annoys you

I get 7 weeks a yr and it doesn’t carry over so I use it
    Of course they prefer us to not take more than 2 weeks in a row but sometimes we stretch it. But lots of powder days and long weekends all summer #shitthatdoesntannoyme
    You can’t really chk out of my job for more than a day anyway tho so I guess it’s rarely ever fully vacation but I’ll take it

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    We started a renovation a few weeks before everything went down so we just want them to give us flooring and a kitchen.
    Been sheltering at home but only in one bedroom and been using a toaster, grill and mini fridge. Not fun. When they leave we have to come out and clean everything but the house was unlivable so we just need it to get to a livable point. I came down with shingles by of all the stress. Not fun.
    skid luxury