Page 293 of 437 FirstFirst ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 10923

Thread: Doggie stoke

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    foreverhomesmatter
    more of sheldons working friends

yeti

malu

gater
    shindlers dog reece and I are tight
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Shitface has discovered a new safe place

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0864.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	333.5 KB 
ID:	323061
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Shitface has discovered a new safe place

Name:	IMG_0864.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	333.5 KB 
ID:	323061
    Until you outgas from that ham sammie you had for lunch. I have repeatedly driven our dog away with ham sandwich farts.

This is our foster fail, Pepper. With us 4 months now. She’s a sweetheart and I couldn’t have asked for a better first dog (my wife has had several). During this time of self-isolation, it’s great to get out on walks with her. She’s loving the work/school-from-home situation.

Question to the veterans out there... our groomer is closed and she’ll be due for a bath soon. I’ve never given a dog a bath before. We have both a bathtub/shower and a double stall-sized walk-in shower. Any suggestions/tips on where/how to give her a bath? Also, any recommended products?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post

This is our foster fail, Pepper. With us 4 months now. She’s a sweetheart and I couldn’t have asked for a better first dog (my wife has had several). During this time of self-isolation, it’s great to get out on walks with her. She’s loving the work/school-from-home situation.

Question to the veterans out there... our groomer is closed and she’ll be due for a bath soon. I’ve never given a dog a bath before. We have both a bathtub/shower and a double stall-sized walk-in shower. Any suggestions/tips on where/how to give her a bath? Also, any recommended products?
    Do either have the hand held shower head? I’ve found that helps a ton. I use an oatmeal based shampoo on our pup that’s made specifically for dogs but baby shampoo should work on a pinch.

Normally I jump in the shower with her and just plan on getting wet. It’s better than trying to stay outside the shower and getting water everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Do either have the hand held shower head? I’ve found that helps a ton. I use an oatmeal based shampoo on our pup that’s made specifically for dogs but baby shampoo should work on a pinch.

Normally I jump in the shower with her and just plan on getting wet. It’s better than trying to stay outside the shower and getting water everywhere.
    This is what I do, both dogs at once also. Johnson's Calming Shampoo (can't get Baby Shampoo anymore) has lavender in it and that is calming to dogs also.

^the handheld shower head is clutch. Another good option is Dr. Bronner's soap if you don't want to go out to the store right now.

I usually play a lot of fetch before a bath so the dogs are tired. Seems to help a little. Also, as soon as you are done, drape a towel over them before they start shaking. Otherwise you will have water and fur all over your bathroom in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    ^the handheld shower head is clutch. Another good option is Dr. Bronner's soap if you don't want to go out to the store right now.

I usually play a lot of fetch before a bath so the dogs are tired. Seems to help a little. Also, as soon as you are done, drape a towel over them before they start shaking. Otherwise you will have water and fur all over your bathroom in short order.
    I do the pre towel shake in the shower, Border/Aussie will do it on command, I have to blow in the other dog's ear. I generally bathe them after a hike or bike ride, tired dogs are better behaved. My dogs have been getting twice monthly baths since they were pups. There is never any drama.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I do the pre towel shake in the shower, Border/Aussie will do it on command, I have to blow in the other dog's ear. I generally bathe them after a hike or bike ride, tired dogs are better behaved. My dogs have been getting twice monthly baths since they were pups. There is never any drama.

Name:	7F8367B5-245B-4235-A708-1530C941DF1E.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	539.8 KB 
ID:	323109

This one does it on command too!

Name:  Bodie Smiling.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  49.8 KB
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Doggie stoke

So glad Bo got adopted!

I also enjoyed this:
    “Dog is so happy his family is working from home he sprains his tail”

https://www.wcjb.com/content/news/Fa...569074981.html
    skid luxury

Thanks all for the tips. I’ll try the walk in shower as that has a handheld shower head. I’ll report back here when done.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Thanks all for the tips. I’ll try the walk in shower as that has a handheld shower head. I’ll report back here when done.
    Pro tip; wash the whole dog, but save the head for last. Once the ears get wet, he’ll want to shake, so get him fully washed and rinsed first, then do his skull.

put an extra screen over the drain if you have one.... yer gonna get a lot of hair floating.

Question. Time has come to remove my dogs cone after being spayed. When we do she will attempt to aggressively chew on her arm where they shaved for operation. The cone prevents access. The hair is growing back. Problem is we’ve had the cone on past the time needed to heal wound just to avoid her arm chewing. There has to be a better way. . Any tips or ideas?
    Thought about putting something awful tasting on the shaved arm. Maybe a sports wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Thought about putting something awful tasting on the shaved arm. Maybe a sports wrap.
    A bandage without a cone probably won't slow her down. I tried that once and came home to discover she ate the gauze and wrap.

The bitter apple spray zzz posted helps.

Ok will try thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Ok will try thanks
    How is life with your little girl?

We’ve been watching the IG feed for WRR, puppiezzz everywhere!

Doggie stoke

Sometimes Shitface really struggles

Attachment 323850
    Last edited by booner; 04-04-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I gave our dog a bath this evening. Besides a few shakes, she was pretty chill.

Thanks for the tip on the hair catcher for the drain. It saved a few handfuls of fur from going down the drain.

Oh yeah, I also trimmed her nails this afternoon. I watched the groomer hit them up with the sanding drum on the dremel at low speed. I figured it couldn’t be that difficult. I was very conservative with the trim for fear of hitting her wicks.

Day 16 with our covid19 adopted Border/Cattle mutt. He is really a good dog. Hard to believe we scored him. He sits, lays, shakes, fetches/drops now. His potty training is at 95 percent. His house dog skills are coming around and his nipping/biting play habit is getting better fast. He is 1000% off leash with collar on and is 95 percent on the boundaries of our fenceless yard. Always comes when he is called. Sadly Bridger keeps slowing down and his red blood cell count keeps dropping. Because of other issues he has and a completely baffled vet we have decided to just let him enjoy what time he has left.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kelsey sheltering in place...

Name:	IMG_1778.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	599.0 KB 
ID:	324234
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Beautiful pup^^^

Off leash time