Page 392 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    As for yoga, not sure its for me. I dont flex
    maybe that ^^ is your problem ?

IME Skiing 70+ day a season/biking/paddling for the last 15 yrs was hard on the body, been doing yoga the last 4 years and if I go even once a week doing pretty mellow stuff I didn't get hurt

have found some of those commit to a long treatment plan/ commit to giving them lotsa money/maintenance types more like snake oil-ish but IME if buddy can't fix me in 6 visits he can't fix me, th local guy is not doing it for me so I have morphed from chiro to PT
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    You still throw down $600 for an arcteryx jacket even thought it’s made for $40 in China.
    No chance for me, but I still see lots of them out there so I guess plenty of people are.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes, lots more people died than normal over the last two to three months. I'm sure they are still scrambling to deal with all the bodies. Also they could just be getting prepared in case there is another outbreak.
    That's 100% false.

Crazy enough covid is actually saving lives from air pollution, traffic accidents, etc. Across china and Italy total deaths are falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    That's 100% false.

Crazy enough covid is actually saving lives from air pollution, traffic accidents, etc. Across china and Italy total deaths are falling.
    Let's see the stats on that. I believe restrictions have caused accidental deaths to decrease, but hard to believe that less total people are dying now.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Kind of sort of not true. The main driver is corporate profits. Period. You still throw down $600 for an arcteryx jacket even thought it’s made for $40 in China. You could still sell it for $600 even it it cost $100 to make. However that brand has been flipped and sold so many times by PE that It’s debt load was ridiculous. Same with washing machines. Whirlpool is made in America and cost the same as ge, which is haeir and now made in China. Margin on ge is probably higher.
    We are ok with Nike and under armor giving athletes contracts for tens of millions and executives 10 of millions but seldom are those cost savings passed on to the consumer. Maybe cheap stuff like old navy but many high quality durable goods we waste money on like coolers, reels, skis outerwear etc can be made domestically. Germany is a an example of this
    Yeah, no. North America forgot how to sew technical garments using materials like Gore, Toray, Everest--whatever your favorite material, not to mention specialty textiles like Merino a few decades ago. Are there cut-and-sew facilities here? Yes. Are they as good? No, and they are more expensive, indeed. The fact of the matter is that as of right now, you simply can't get the same quality as you can from China or Vietnam. Folks like to think it's "just cheaper" but in reality, they're "way better" at it, as it has become their craft.

Also, a $600 Arc'Teryx jacket does not cost $40 to manufacture. Material and trim is more than that. On top of that, they haven't changed hands since 2005 when they were acquired by Amer as part of the Salomon acquisition, so not sure about this debt load of which you speak.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    "9,298 new cases in New York State since yesterday
    5,686 new cases in New York City
    In part this seems to be due to more testing: 18,645 tested yesterday vs. 14K-16K on several recent days
    But also, % testing positive is up: 49.8% of tests were positive yesterday"

Saw the above online and I cannot verify the source although this site suggests that 30% of all tested in NY historically are positive.
    https://covidtracking.com/data/state/new-york/#history

Still only symptomatic people being tested. Da FUQ!?!?
    So much for flattening eh. I'm not sure of the source either but those are pretty much the same stats Cuomo used in his briefing today.

Yeah the only testing severely symptomatic is so frustrating but aren't the rapid response tests are almost ready for distribution? Once those are out I expect we'll see more testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    That would not be horrible if the thing lasted more than three years with out complete failure of its electronics like the $750 machine currently being made.
    Really? You must have bought a really shitty washing machine. Three years? Now, just think. If we were all replacing large appliances at that rate, don't you think the market would have adjusted?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    That's 100% false.

The sheer fact that you'd make such a statement without linking a source tells me all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Neilmed. Especially if u have allergies. Flush out the pollen, especially after our activities this time if yr.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh dog no! Sinus rinse? Guaranteed sinus infection for me. My sinuses do not drain very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    These people predicted it in 2015:

“A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence”
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

15 coauthors. Ten from the University of North Carolina, one from the FDA, one from ETH Zurich, one from Harvard, and two from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Their warning in January,
    Return of the Coronavirus: 2019-nCoV
    https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/12/2/135/htm
    That Nature paper from 2015 is the one the conspiracy theorist seized on about Sars-2 being man made.

"no one could have known"
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The sheer fact that you'd make such a statement without linking a source tells me all I need to know.
    just figuring it out now?

put this disingenuous maga retard on ignore,
    and don't qoute the cunt so his drivel doesn't show up

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Yeah, no. North America forgot how to sew technical garments using materials like Gore, Toray, Everest--whatever your favorite material, not to mention specialty textiles like Merino a few decades ago. Are there cut-and-sew facilities here? Yes. Are they as good? No, and they are more expensive, indeed. The fact of the matter is that as of right now, you simply can't get the same quality as you can from China or Vietnam. Folks like to think it's "just cheaper" but in reality, they're "way better" at it, as it has become their craft.

Also, a $600 Arc'Teryx jacket does not cost $40 to manufacture. Material and trim is more than that. On top of that, they haven't changed hands since 2005 when they were acquired by Amer as part of the Salomon acquisition, so not sure about this debt load of which you speak.
    they used to make everything in Vangroovy which has a LOT of AZN's so the stuff was being made by AZN women in Canada, now its made by AZN women in China,

also everything I have sent back they fixed or sent another one back, just scored an 800$ shell

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    maybe that ^^ is your problem ?

IME Skiing 70+ day a season/biking/paddling for the last 15 yrs was hard on the body, been doing yoga the last 4 years and if I go even once a week doing pretty mellow stuff I didn't get hurt

have found some of those commit to a long treatment plan/ commit to giving them lotsa money/maintenance types more like snake oil-ish but IME if buddy can't fix me in 6 visits he can't fix me, th local guy is not doing it for me so I have morphed from chiro to PT
    Years ago I moved from Docs and Chiro to PT/Yoga. Best move ever. Doc wanted to give drugs and Chiro wanted me in once a week forever. PT taught me mechanics and specifics, yoga opened up my hips. Not to mention that PT and Yoga instructors touch nicer.

Thank you. I'm slightly removed as my ex is the one in the apparel production/manufacturing world. It gets tiring explaining how your (insert high end brand) stuff isn't made in a sweatshop and it costs more than a couple of pennies for the equipment let alone the technical expertise that it takes to sew/manufacture these goods. I managed the repair department at a brand and getting competent seamstresses was pretty damn hard and certainly wasn't going to get anywhere near an industrial sewing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    Yes!

]
    All PhDs: two current professors, two emeritus, one science writer.

And you can email them questions.
    "Send your virology questions and comments to twiv@microbe.tv"
    Who here is gonna send them a COVID butt-chugging question?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Really? You must have bought a really shitty washing machine. Three years? Now, just think. If we were all replacing large appliances at that rate, don't you think the market would have adjusted?

hyperbole. its a thing around here.

I actually just replaced my machine about 18 months ago. The prior one was over two decades old. When researching, lots of reports of machines failing in 3-5 years. I went with an LG that was rated pretty high for durability. No issues yet, But this one does not fold the clothes for me, so it is pretty basic (here I am using sarcasm - another popular thing around here)

Respectfully though, we wouldn't have forgotten how to sew and would be a competitive world leader in sewing technical garments if CEOs didn't move everything overseas to maximize corporate profits, due to shitty government trade agreements most likely: that I am not an expert on which ones....

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So much for flattening eh. I'm not sure of the source either but those are pretty much the same stats Cuomo used in his briefing today.

Yeah the only testing severely symptomatic is so frustrating but aren't the rapid response tests are almost ready for distribution? Once those are out I expect we'll see more testing.
    I'm also dubious after seeing huckbucket's numbers but if you chart those numbers on a logarithmic scale and estimate the doubling time then it looks like the curve is flattening, but is by no means flat.

yoga opened up my hips. .
    I been dating the instructor for 4 yrs ... me too

Florida cops arrested that laser show pastor.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Let's see the stats on that. I believe restrictions have caused accidental deaths to decrease, but hard to believe that less total people are dying now.
    According to the CDC, an average of 90 people die in the US each day in car accidents. I would imagine that is quite a bit lower recently, but probably doesn't offset the Coronas.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    According to the CDC, an average of 90 people die in the US each day in car accidents. I would imagine that is quite a bit lower recently, but probably doesn't offset the Coronas.
    I'll just say bike commuting this week has been amazingly relaxing with so little traffic.

I don’t get releasing prisoners that are already likely infected.
    If they are going to say tested and negative, well why are they testing asymptomatic prisoners and not asymptomatic general public?
    Edit, unless it’s just weed violations.

Holy shit.

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday blamed the Democrats' push to impeach President Trump in January for distracting the Trump administration from the threat posed by the coronavirus.

"It came up while we were tied down in the impeachment trial. And I think it diverted the attention of the government because everything every day was all about impeachment," McConnell said in an interview on "The Hugh Hewitt Show."

Trump has come under sharp criticism for the nation's slow response to the spreading pandemic, especially for the shortage of coronavirus testing kits when the virus first spread to the United States."

hyperbole. its a thing around here.

I actually just replaced my machine about 18 months ago. The prior one was over two decades old. When researching, lots of reports of machines failing in 3-5 years. I went with an LG that was rated pretty high for durability. No issues yet, But this one does not fold the clothes for me, so it is pretty basic (here I am using sarcasm - another popular thing around here)
    Well, yeah. You bought a machine that may last twenty years for about 700 bucks after reading biased sales propaganda that convinced you that others are buying machines that only last three years for the same price. They made you feel so smart. (more popular sarcasm)