Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Sorry for going off.
    I was too wound up.

We’re all tightly wound.
    Carry on about not getting your double decafe mocha latte grande frapacino

#MaggotHugs
    . . .

been a serious lack of bok choy last couple weeks and the baby arugula was slightly wilted. FML

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Sorry for going off.
    I was too wound up.

We’re all tightly wound.
    Carry on about not getting your double decafe mocha latte grande frapacino

#MaggotHugs
    It's cool, let it fly. We got ya.

[Begin selfish rant]

This whole thing fucking sucks. Wife is pregnant with twins, so this spring was supposed to be my last hurrah of kidless life.

Was supposed to go ride bikes in Europe. That's cancelled. Had some concerts lined up. Canceled. Was supposed to go visit my sister and surprise my dad for his 70th birthday. That's cancelled, plus sister has the covfefe, so that sucks.

Now I'm struggling to motivate to walk up hill so I can ski mediocre snow. The bike trails are still under snow and/ muddy. I'm already bored with Netflix and our stay at home order hasn't even been in place for 24 hours.

And that's all just the petty bullshit. I've got two kids arriving in August and I'm staring down the barrel of a shitload of large expenses. But my work is closed, I'm bringing in negligible money, and even when we reopen, my income this year is gonna be shit. Of course, I could pull some money out of investments to cover the gap, but it's not a great time to be selling stocks.

[/selfishness]

I recognize that I have it easy, and that there are a lot of people that are / will be in far more difficult situations than me. Ultimately, I'll be fine. But the fact that it sucks even more for other people isn't really much solace at the moment.

yeah, having myself and two kids that like to push themselves outdoors and requiring them to tone it way down has been an unexpected curve ball in life. Having type 1 diabetes doesn't make me feel rosy about getting this and from most accounts, this will be an ongoing thing for at least all of 2020 if not longer with a taxed health care system, lack of economic activity, and spread.

But the nurses/doctors fielding this at the hospitals and even the people working the check out line at the local groceries/costco coming into close contact with so many vectors puts it into perspective. Add to it the lack of PPE they are dealing with....fuck

Good to have a thread for venting and self wallowing.

Stay strong you all and try to keep perspective...sucks for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Vibes all around. This thing is shitty. Hope everyone pulls through and we tackle this thing sooner rather than later. Fuck man.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Um, I'm single. I see the whole grass is always greener thing and everyone else is sick of their wife/GF right now, but doing EVERYTHING EVERYDAY alone is pretty brutal. Wondering if it will be months or even years before you can actually date a women again is kinda scary.

I was really down for a good week and a half. I'd spent weeks watching for The Storm (that would be like nothing else since December; this is California), watching it materialize on the forecast, lining up my clearance to get away for most of a week, pin-pointing the optimal days and where I'd be skiing. And then realizing that it wouldn't happen.

And then: Stuck inside with wife (no problem there) and a stir-crazy middle-schooler (yeah, that's been annoying). Catching a cold (sniffles etc, no cough or temp) and recovering. And realizing that the big picture is going to get worse, much worse.

Then, I had an attitude readjustment, along the lines of what Core Shot said.

So I put a coat of end-of-season wax on my powder skis (and the others), did major adjustments to my workout schedule, watched some bad movies (Avalanche Sharks, now streaming on Hoopla, struck me as a perfect metaphor for my would-be powder week experience), and I'm now being grateful for having a home with a full fridge, not being sick, and feeling bad for all the others who are now, or will be, in much worse shape than us even if they don't get, ahem, it's now the AMERICAN rat flu.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    On the flip side, I wonder how many families and friends will continue to embrace the quality time they have now and extend it past quarantine. Things like family walks, bike rides, dinners are all now happening when before they weren’t...wonder if they will continue.

Not feeling the quality time tbh. In truth I just sent my wife a snarky text.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Um, I'm single. I see the whole grass is always greener thing and everyone else is sick of their wife/GF right now, but doing EVERYTHING EVERYDAY alone is pretty brutal.
    Yeah that's grim, man. My brother is doing that, and my cousin, and my MIL. I feel for them. Keep your computer on and keep checking in, let us know what's up.

Wrecked knee in january so no skiing, SE asia trip canceled, Covid hits the world full on, closed the craft brew pubs/ GF self distancing and you got a whole lota life changing shit,

I think the social media which we always smack talking as a bad thing has really been a good thing ... maybe we have to use it better ?

I found myself reaching to people on social media, talking to family, to friends, an old GF from 20 yrs ago.

but REALLY ... I'm ok
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

In isolation from my family after having travelled, I can't get my weed.

OH THE HUMANITY!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Coronavirus complaint/commiseration thread.

I’m stupid busy at work and so is my wife. At night when I have 20 minutes to catch up all I see on social media is people being bored. Wish I was home without shit to do getting tons of projects done. Instead I’m working 14 hour days and 8 hrs a day on the weekend. Wife is working a lot too (healthcare IT). We have a 10 month old who we juggle throughout the day. She may have to take a temporary pay cut because the hospital is spending so much $ right now on supplies. Only good news is I should actually make a lot more this year and neither of us are at all worried about losing our jobs. Time to save up and buy the dip.

/ bitching about how lucky we are.

I bet it's a little busy in the medical claims area lately.

ice man doses nothing in jeans.

Kurt vile/ cortntenee

everclear spinddriff .when I try to micro dose the shower melts

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    ice man doses nothing in jeans.
    Kurt vile/ cortntenee
    everclear spinddriff .when I try to micro dose the shower melts
    That's one way to pass the time.

How long will this shit last? I saw everyone out doing whatever the fuck they wanted today.

I say 6 more weeks.

somebody posted a link to this earlier, projections are based on some assumptions, primarily that all states will be locked down by next week: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

A couple weeks from now is gonna suck pretty hard. Then starting to come out of the woods a couple weeks after that.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    God forbid somebody post something on the internet that seems silly later. I for one would never do that.
    I agree, I would never.

I know your hips don’t lie but others here complaining about something like a chipped nail in these times seems silly too.

I’m having a tough time with this. Two weeks in quarantine now, a once in a lifetime trip that has been five years in the making cancelled, lost a bunch of work. Then I had to go to Home Depot and the grocery store yesterday and see tons of people hanging out, it keeping their distance and generally not taking it seriously. That took me to a really low place yesterday. This whole thing is fucked. My wife’s company is among those not taking it seriously. Somehow they think boats are necessary services still and are open to the public. WTF.

I can’t imagine how much worse it is for those on the front lines of this. Thinking about that just makes all this way worse. We fucked this whole thing up as a country and they are paying the price.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    somebody posted a link to this earlier, projections are based on some assumptions, primarily that all states will be locked down by next week: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

A couple weeks from now is gonna suck pretty hard. Then starting to come out of the woods a couple weeks after that.
    Interesting link; I should say, interesting if true. Among other things, it shows resource use in NY state maximizing just 8 days from now, on 4/6, but quite a bit later, 4/24, in California, and all the way out to 5/14 in Florida ("resource use" refers to hospital beds and so on, presumably also a general representation of "how bad it is"; maximum deaths lag after those dates by a couple of days). So, in my state, CA, anyway, it looks like we're not coming "out of the woods" until well over a few weeks from now.

The charts show NY state being out of the woods, graph landing at bottom, in relatively early May. Again, interesting if true, but I find it hard to believe, if it's still going strong in Florida.

It's showing most of the country in the clear, apparently, by early July, and not much past mid-July for the latest states, which is encouraging, again, if true (compared to the plausible scenario where we keep getting new outbreaks all over the place until a vaccine becomes available sometime next year).

Also noting that NY state seems to have a lot fewer beds and other hospital resources, per capita, than California does.

The TL;DR of that site is: March (now) we ain't hardly seen nothing yet, April's going to be ugly, May bad but getting better, fading out hopefully in June, lingering in some places into July.

Gotta feel sorry for the kids. They drive us nuts now on lock down, but this is their new normal. Whether this lasts another 2 months or 18 more, they will all wind up at germ-o-phobe levels, because schools, et al. in the future will be don't touch anything wash everything if you do. Sniffle or cough, head home. All the promoting age groups, missing out on this years big events, such as HS seniors - missing out on trips, senior cut days, grad ceremonies, moving up days in the lower grades, or as some have mentioned the last year of sports (, since not everyone will play in college or the bigs). Totally unimportant things when considering getting sick and surviving, but those simple care free take for granted life moments many of us have enjoyed in the past, now altered.
    As the parent of a graduating HS senior, it occurred to me that this graduating class of high schoolers were pretty much born in the year surrounding 9/11. While none of them remember that ( some of us will remember pregnant wives unaccounted for near falling buildings), the drastic changes to our world that they have grown up with is astounding if you think about it, this is just another burden they get saddled with, and this time they will remember. This isn't even a change of perspective thing, just because we've gotten older and wiser. The other side will be different.
    Life is not fair, and none of us get out alive, but golly its looking rough for the time being. Hoping the rain will give us a break at least, better weather can't hurt any of our psyche's.
    And importantly thanks and thoughts to those health care folks doing the best they can.