Page 328 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 41810
    Ugh...CCP is not something to admire.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

South Korea tracks contacts of virus positive people using cell phone data and credit card transactions. They take your temp before you go into a restaurant. $8,000 fine if you break mandatory quarantine. That aint going to fly in the US. But we can at least attempt to start testing and tracking here. Even if the curve is flattened, that is the only way we can start to relax restrictions without having the virus flare back up, necessitating another lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    So you’re saying the rest of the world is too proud to learn from others calamities? Or? I don’t want to put words in your mouth.
    I’m hitting the shower.
    We didn't get hit hard. They did.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    not sure if this was posted back when it happened, but when you look at this, and what is currently happening now in Louisiana, Newsome and Sisolak are looking pretty smart. Trump not so much.
    https://www.newsweek.com/pastor-hold...ng-ban-1493113
    When people aren't working but are gathering in church, bars, trailheads, wherever, we get the worst of both worlds--sick and a fucked economy.

We’re fucked. So is Europe. For better or worse, we’re not China, or SK, and in this case, it’s going to be worse.

But you have trump and it will not go well
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When people aren't working but are gathering in church, bars, trailheads, wherever, we get the worst of both worlds--sick and a fucked economy.
    yeah but they were still working and weren't locked down then, there was just a ban on large gatherings. they didn't just ignore it, they flaunted it. and endangered thousands
    It's not a concern. The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says," Spell told the outlet. "I had 1,170 in attendance Sunday. We have 27 buses on Sundays picking up people in a five-parish area.
    Our church is a hospital where the sick can come and get healing," Spell reportedly said during the service. "Cancers are healed here, people are healed of HIV in these services, and we believe that tonight, we're also going to pass out anointed handkerchiefs to people who may have a fear, who may have a sickness, and we believe that when those anointed handkerchiefs go, that healing virtue is going to go on them as well.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I saw it and agreed. The Chinese , Singapore and Taiwan have some commonalities. They have relatively competent governments (once the CCP got its shit together boy did they rock). These governments implemented three legs of a mitigation,/suppression strategy

They also have social cohesion. So the people by and large bought into the strategy ( or in China's case were compelled)

The US doesn't have social cohesion. I'll leave it to others to argue as to competence
    Sorry missed your thoughts previously. I agree with what you say about, and emphasis on cohesion. I have an internet acquaintance from a message board who lives in Guangdong. I don’t want to cut and paste his thoughts, but to paraphrase part of it, the people believed even though they were boarded up in their own fucking houses that it was for their benefit. Which, even though unfathomable to us, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Ugh...CCP is not something to admire.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Tough seeing the news perpetuate the CPCs lies and give them credit for containment, which is a lie. Authoritarian government like Communist China is something I pray we never accept. It’s worse then any pandemic we could ever imagine.

I bet $37 if the US ARMY rolled down your street in cushy Basalt you’d do whatever the fuck they said. And it would probably be for your own benefit. And it looks like that’s what the Amaerocan people need at this point. Post up again if your hospitals or the ones where your family live are overflowing soon.

It really is amazing how unscathed the rest of China was (or are the numbers just BS?) Next worse hit provence had ~1500 cases. Bejing and Shanghai have <600 cases and <10 deaths each. Those are cities of over 20 million people. It obviously was not contained in Wuhan as the entire globe got it. Looks like a narc with a $2 IR thermometer outside every building and masks for everyone is what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    We've had years and years to prepare for an event of this magnitude. We've spent time, money and personal resources on it. We knew it was coming. I guarantee there are 500 action plans on file at the CDC. Were we prepared? You'd have to look at those plans and our infrastructure. However, gametime posture is set by POTUS and we all know that he neither acted quickly enough nor takes the blame for any of this. The direct consequence is the difference between SK and us. I guarantee that he's gonna look back on all of this and wish to hell we had SK's experience. Very few deaths and back to work. Hell even Wuhan lifted their two-month lockdown today under conditions where they are reporting no new infections for the past five days (a little hard to believe). Even today we're not locked down. End of April will essentially be two months for us and we're still gonna be a raging shit show at that time regardless of hopes and prayers. We fucked up.

I’m sure we’ll hear more about this soon if this doesn’t subside on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    One of the reasons for the fiasco.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...break-n1166186

U.S. axed CDC expert job in China months before coronavirus outbreak

I saw it and agreed. The Chinese , Singapore and Taiwan have some commonalities. They have relatively competent governments (once the CCP got its shit together boy did they rock). These governments implemented three legs of a mitigation,/suppression strategy

They also have social cohesion. So the people by and large bought into the strategy ( or in China's case were compelled)

The US doesn't have social cohesion. I'll leave it to others to argue as to competence
    China has social cohesion?

finally, olympics cancelled.

"The biggest priority right now is the health of the world" (@2:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVh5nl4cM2w&t=23s

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I agree they're not. What they've done is reduce the number of cases. That doesn't mean that cases and then fatalities won't spike again.

But they've got processes, infrastructure and a governance system to deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Compared to the US, yes

Canada compared to the US, yes

I agree they're not. What they've done is reduce the number of cases. That doesn't mean that cases and then fatalities won't spike again.

But they've got processes, infrastructure and a governance system to deal with it
    agree. they seem to have good procedures in place (the "gold" standard). i have a friend who lived in taipei during the SARs outbreak. he now lives in south carolina (professor), and he's very vocal about his previous experiences, what's occurring now in taipei, and what's going on in SC and the US.

this next wave in infections in those areas, it'll be interesting to see how it goes (hopefully well!). it's all a big experiment.

in my neck of the woods, it's coming up on two weeks for people that have been tested to have not yet received their results. sucks

'We win': Trump appears to claim victory over coronavirus as US death toll jumps 129 in one day

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9423121.html

His administration’s goal is to “ease the guidelines and open things up to very large sections of our country as we near the end of our historic battle with the invisible enemy,” the president said. “It’s been going a while time, but we win. We win.

The president claimed a “very, very powerful victory” over the virus as he praised Deborah Birx, a State Department official, for being perhaps the best infectious disease expert in the world – as his top infectious disease official, the widely popular Anthony Fauci, making his briefing room return, looked on behind him.

---

Dr Fauci - who has been in this role as the top infectious disease official since the 80s

Dr Fauci - who will be fired as soon as this pandemic settles down and Trump can say "never met him"

https://www.the-sun.com/news/586612/...e-coronavirus/
    Its at the amazon warehouses now

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Ha!Name:  FB_IMG_1585131587866.jpeg
Views: 561
Size:  66.8 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    They better!

VT republican governor Scott has implimented a 3 weeks shelter in place for non essential workers. Limit travel. Authorities will harrass you if not complying.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

They have mask affinity and supply. They will bury us.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Not sure how many of you have N95 masks, are using them and are potentially "re"using them, but this information is helpful:

"70 degree C (158 degF) hot air in an oven (typical kitchen-type of oven will do) for 30min, or hot water vapor are additional effective decontamination methods."

"DO NOT use alcohol and chlorine-based disinfection methods. These will remove the static charge in the microfibers in N95 facial masks, reducing filtration efficiency. In addition, chlorine also retains gas after de-contamination and these fumes may be harmful."

https://stanfordmedicine.app.box.com/v/covid19-PPE-1-1

Attachment 322058
    Thanks again for that! It's reassuring to see it from a credible source. Having pieced some of that together from numerous sources, I've told family and friends to use the toaster oven at 175 to disinfect re-used masks, paper, money etc since 70 C/158F is really reasonable (for most things--not receipts, as it turns out). Relieved to see I wasn't just passing along a placebo while encouraging them to put flammable materials in the toaster oven.

Probably best to just preheat the regular oven to 160 before putting them in for a little longer, I guess. Where is KQ anyway?

Have a friend who is on his way to NYC to move out his wife’s uncle.

Cannot understand why he would head to the epicenter of the virus in the country.

The guy has money, I’m sure he could get him in a car of some sorts to get into home and pay a moving company to move his shit.

These idiots will have to self quarantine when they get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk