Page 318 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 41810

New York, New York
    I won't go back
    Indelible reminder of the steel I lack
    I gave you seven years
    What did you give me back
    A jaw-grind, disposition to a panic attack
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Dang. Makes it through all that just to affected by some bat eating hillbillies on the other side of the planet. WTF? That sucks.
    No doubt. Sucks is a little light...

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    At least he has dementia

It would be worse if he knew what’s going down
    He's not that far gone, there are still times when he's fully cognizant and it's like nothing is wrong. When that happens it's ok and he gets it but then there's the times like last night when he told my wife to fuck off for leaving him locked up in the basement and never coming to visit him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Did you have much warning -- e.g. news of individual cases trickling out first -- or did it just go suddenly from "everything's fine" to lockdown? I ask because we just heard of the first case at my mother-in-law's retirement community, and she & her four daughters are trying to figure out what, if anything, to do.
    Sort of, the first 2 cases in CT came out of there and one died almost right away, the second died yesterday. Once those first cases were confirmed we weren't allowed to take him out for 14 days, that was 12 days ago and now there's no eta for if or when they may release residents.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The guy is 94 years old, has dementia and lives in a nursing home? If you could have asked him 20 years ago what he'd want in this situation, what do you think his answer would be?
    Probably for us to do what we think is best for him when he can't decide what's best anymore. Then he would lament the fact that his wife had just recently died and that his son was killed 10 years before that and how the fk could he keep going through all of that without us watching his back for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    As one of the no worse than the flu people, you're late to the party on rapid tests and antibody testing. China had/has cases throughout the country which it manages through testing while still supporting the worst hit areas with outside support.

We need to wake up to the fact that working together at all levels of society and all levels of government is the only way to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
    you got a guy leading up our federal government that thinks he's handled this perfectly. I don't see him having the ability to look in the mirror and admit that he hasn't handled it perfectly, and therefore needs the help of others to reign it in.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    you got a guy leading up our federal government that thinks he's handled this perfectly. I don't see him having the ability to look in the mirror and admit that he hasn't handled it perfectly, and therefore needs the help of others to reign it in.
    Privately, he knows it's getting away from him. Lashing out is his tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Privately, he knows it's getting away from him. Lashing out is his tell.
    It's not getting away from him until approval numbers drop big time, and that hasn't happened since he was inaugurated, after all the shit he's pulled. As a matter of fact, he just got a little bump since this started. That's his measure, since the Dow isn't even worth mentioning anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    I have a restaurant that is pretty much shut down from this. My entire staff is laid off. As owner I am not entitled to unemployment as far as I know. Yes I can offer to-go food but I am in a destination setting. I am offering mixed drinks to go, "groceries" like vegetables, toilet paper, wine, basically whatever we have. Nobody is going to come out here. If they do it sure as hell won't be enough to sustain anything. I have no idea how I will navigate this financially but for some reason I'm not worried about it. If I was just kind of fucked I think I would be wondering how I can get out of this. But I am completely fucked and there's really nothing I can do about it. I'm donating some of the perishables, saving most to feed my family. I will most likely lose the business.

I believe this event will change future dining habits close to forever. It could be an opportunity to grow something better. Or it could be something really shitty, like a food landscape of nothing but soulless corporate bullshit.

With that said, I hope Cuomo goes all in and shuts it all down completely. Let's just get this over with.

Dear Trump, just shut it the fuck down you giant orange pussy.
    Hopefully Congress can hammer out some small business relief. Other countries have suspended small business rent, taxes and debt payments until this is over. Let the big guys feel the pain, not the workers and small business owners. I'm so fucking sick of bailing out banks and the wealthy after every emergency while the poor and middle class get fucked. Hoping you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Hopefully Congress can hammer out some small business relief. Other countries have suspended small business rent, taxes and debt payments until this is over. Let the big guys feel the pain, not the workers and small business owners. I'm so fucking sick of bailing out banks and the wealthy after every emergency while the poor and middle class get fucked. Hoping you the best.
    Can't wait to see your reaction when we bail out:

Disney Cruises who sail under the Bahamian flag
    Celebrity Cruises under Liberian/Maltese flags &
    Carnival Cruises under the Panamanian flag

All to avoid U.S. taxes & employment law

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I like what Cuomo is saying. But according to Leelaus link, expected peak in NY is April 28th, and May 2nd in WA, and May 14th in CA. If he gets all the ventilators there will be no stockpile left for the those states, and he will not be giving them up when people are on them. He just admitted himself it will take two weeks to deploy them.

https://covidactnow.org

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Cuomo is an idiot. His response has not helped NY in any way. Look at how bad it is there right now....
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

It just dawned on me that, when the media starts talking about people dying because they couldn't be treated for non Virus related issues, like heart attacks or trauma, then a lot more people will take notice. And, god knows we have a lot of people on the edge with heart issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Mnuchin May Get $100 Million for Investment Bank Help in Crisis
    Be prepared to get nauseous...... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rnd=markets-vp
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Cuomo is an idiot. His response has not helped NY in any way. Look at how bad it is there right now....
    <Unintelligent statement>

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    <Unintelligent statement>
    <No Statement at All>

Guy is a blabbering idiot.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Wow.

And yet you were a naysayer not long ago, claiming we shouldn't do anything because shutting down the economy was too big a reaction.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Wear one of these. Maybe it will help others get the idea.

Attachment 322045
    The staff isnt the problem. Manager that has a personal vehicle, and doesnt ride in the staff van, thinks its all blown out of proportion. Condiscending attitude towards it when he's disputing the facts doesnt help me maintain my personal filter. He's not going to like my replies......again

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And yet you were a naysayer not long ago, claiming we shouldn't do anything because shutting down the economy was too big a reaction.
    I never said that, but would love for you to spend some time searching back through post and find where I said "we should do nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's not getting away from him until approval numbers drop big time, and that hasn't happened since he was inaugurated, after all the shit he's pulled. As a matter of fact, he just got a little bump since this started. That's his measure, since the Dow isn't even worth mentioning anymore.
    The big knock against the original Stimulus Bill proposal was it gave President Trump too much control over where the money went. People credibly talk about using the funds to bail out his own business but an even bigger concern is the funds used as a cudgel to win electoral votes—bail out red and swing states, scraps for blue states.

Obviously, and not by a long shot, is every dollar appropriated by Congress spent wisely even with the best intentioned executive but it seems nuts these are credible concerns and not the realm of conspiracy.

He'll be the oversight of course

In plain view

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

My wife completed two homemade masks over the weekend. Very stylish!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200324_091513957.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	322057

His state ha also tested way more people than any other state. That alone is a big win in my book.

Think about what’s coming.

NYC will be the first, and worst of it. It’s going to be chaotic, and the media is going to milk it for all it’s worth.

And then, Seattle and SF, LA will get what’s left over.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not sure how many of you have N95 masks, are using them and are potentially "re"using them, but this information is helpful:

"70 degree C (158 degF) hot air in an oven (typical kitchen-type of oven will do) for 30min, or hot water vapor are additional effective decontamination methods."

"DO NOT use alcohol and chlorine-based disinfection methods. These will remove the static charge in the microfibers in N95 facial masks, reducing filtration efficiency. In addition, chlorine also retains gas after de-contamination and these fumes may be harmful."

https://stanfordmedicine.app.box.com/v/covid19-PPE-1-1

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 1.10.05 PM.png
Views: 577
Size:  81.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Not sure how many of you have N95 masks, are using them and are potentially "re"using them, but this information is helpful:

"70 degree C (158 degF) hot air in an oven (typical kitchen-type of oven will do) for 30min, or hot water vapor are additional effective decontamination methods."

"DO NOT use alcohol and chlorine-based disinfection methods. These will remove the static charge in the microfibers in N95 facial masks, reducing filtration efficiency. In addition, chlorine also retains gas after de-contamination and these fumes may be harmful."

https://stanfordmedicine.app.box.com/v/covid19-PPE-1-1

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 1.10.05 PM.png
Views: 577
Size:  81.9 KB
    That is good info. Thx.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Think about what’s coming.

NYC will be the first, and worst of it. It’s going to be chaotic, and the media is going to milk it for all it’s worth.

Damn the bastards for covering the biggest story since 1945!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That and the Lt Governor of Texas basically saying killing all the old people is worth not slowing down the economy. On Fox, of course.

I predict that in three weeks Houston and Austin will be shutdown, with maybe a thousand deaths.
    In his defense, he's presumably very Christian and the Bible is loaded with verses about Jesus telling the sick and crippled to take one for the team and hurry up and die.

My BIL, also very Christian but AFAIK doesn't own a MAGA hat, made almost the exact same comment in a Zoom call with the family on Sunday. Almost word-for-word said that a million old people dying would be worth it to get the economy going again. As if half the country getting sick, many of them seriously so, and a million-plus people dying in two months (2.8 million Americans died all of last year from all causes) wouldn't cause its own massive economic disruption.

Spain is starting to convert ice rinks into morgues. We're mostly focused on overwhelming the healthcare system, but there's also very little excess capacity in everything that happens between someone's heart stopping and the time they get lowered into a grave. The bodies will pile up faster than we can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    ...or maybe red hat folks just say fuck it and go out and about like this isn't happening? That's Trump's expectation right?
    See above. That attitude is probably quite common.