Page 139 of 268 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Cry me a river. I saw a 10% increase in my seasons pass price and all I get is the dubious value of a preferred parking area.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup. And we have been seeing a ton of traffic from Tahoe locals as well because of their shitty winter.
    Which just goes to prove that it's the snow not just the pass itself. If the snow in Tahoe was any good they would stay home.

Lots of locals choose to ski just powder days.

Boo fucking hoo. This is the new ski reality. Get used to it.

For those who missed it (and didn't understand the Aspen/JHMR comments), the 20/21 Ikon is up on website and goes on sale next week. Biggest change is JHMR and Aspen will cost extra to add to the basic pass ($150 extra, I guess Basic+). A couple Eastern hills got added as unlimited. Stratton and Sugarbush can expect to become the Crystal Mountain/Solitude of the East.

^^^ Thanks for that.

In the grand scheme, $ 150 to add those hills will mean little to nothing other than to add to the IKON bottom line.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Upgrading to the top level pass this year.

https://www.ikonpass.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Upgrading to the top level pass this year.
    Was hoping to see a pic of skins, or a snowmobile, or maybe a chopper...leaves disappointed...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

The IKON pass has definitely affected Utah, but it's also very true that the sudden end of winter in California is a bigger factor. I was already out there and know a bunch of other people who did the same. It's a short, relatively inexpensive flight. I may be back later in March if things don't turn around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Thanks for that.

In the grand scheme, $ 150 to add those hills will mean little to nothing other than to add to the IKON bottom line.
    Makes upgrading to the regular Ikon a bit more enticing. I've always wanted to ski JH, and Aspen seems like a good spot to hit a few different ski areas while being able to stay in one location, but too many other places on the pass for me to justify the upgrade unless I can convince myself to get the full pass and ski the holidays. Funny how I used to avoid skiing the holidays at all costs, but now it looks like it could be worth spending more for relatively quiet skiing.
    Also interesting that you can get a single mountain pass for Crystal for $1299, or just get a Ikon Base with no blackouts there. I'm sure all the longtime Crystal pass holders appreciate the options.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Can anyone tell me where I can find an area that has great snow, great terrain, close to a big city or an easy flight, affordable, not crowded, and not on IKON pass or any other mega pass. I'm tired of this IKON bs.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can find an area that has great snow, great terrain, close to a big city or an easy flight, affordable, not crowded, and not on IKON pass or any other mega pass. I'm tired of this IKON bs.
    Beaver Mountian, Utah.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200213_125345.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	317766

Loveland ticks most of the boxes, but only has good terrain, not great terrain.

Mt. Bachelor in Bend (fly into Redmond, OR).
    Mount Hood Meadows (outside of Portland) but not sure I could say it isn't crowded.

Terrain may only be good, not great, but they are a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    For those who missed it (and didn't understand the Aspen/JHMR comments), the 20/21 Ikon is up on website and goes on sale next week. Biggest change is JHMR and Aspen will cost extra to add to the basic pass ($150 extra, I guess Basic+). A couple Eastern hills got added as unlimited. Stratton and Sugarbush can expect to become the Crystal Mountain/Solitude of the East.
    Way to capitulate to the whiners, IKON...

Epic pass it is, then.

I think there will be a large swing back to Epic this year. Seems like an unforced error on Alterras part.

So - Alta/Bird not included in the up charge? Winning for some...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    I think there will be a large swing back to Epic this year. Seems like an unforced error on Alterras part.
    I would bet that Alterra wouldn't have caved without an ultimatum from JH and Aspen management. I think it was forced for sure. I think it is a great thing for those hills. Wish A-Basin would have pushed for that as well.

Uggghhh, no upcharge or blackouts for Crystal? Do they not understand supply and demand?

Well we bought the Ikon this year and hitting Aspen/JH among others. I guess I know a good deal when I see it.

It has been a few years since I had zero JH days. Always amazed to read about adults who have never skied it?! Honestly this might be a good reason to get off my beaten track for a year or go back to MC one of the smaller Indy passes like Monarch or Loveland or stay with Ikon and get back to Revy maybe do Zermatt.

I can see the fee having at least some impact on JH crowding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The child 5 to 12 full Ikon is 309 minus 100 with adult pass. The Ikon Base Plus is 419 minus 100 with adult pass.

So buying a renewal full Ikon at 899 is cheaper than the 799 base plus pass if you have a grom like I do? Looks that way.

Hmm....now that I think about it. Full Ikon it will be! No blackouts. Cheaper anyway. Still get my JH fix and fuck the tram line for all the locals. Puts Utardia back into play for MLK weekend.

Sorry locals. I have to buy 2 passes also though since Chestnut is an Indy. So my sympathy doesn't run all that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Mt. Bachelor in Bend (fly into Redmond, OR).
    Mount Hood Meadows (outside of Portland) but not sure I could say it isn't crowded.

Terrain may only be good, not great, but they are a lot of fun.
    X2. Bend is a great small town. Bachelor has good terrain. I wouldn't call it great. Not crowded, especially mid-week.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    The child 5 to 12 full Ikon is 309 minus 100 with adult pass. The Ikon Base Plus is 419 minus 100 with adult pass.

So buying a renewal full Ikon at 899 is cheaper than the 799 base plus pass if you have a grom like I do? Looks that way.

Hmm....now that I think about it. Full Ikon it will be! No blackouts. Cheaper anyway. Still get my JH fix and fuck the tram line for all the locals. Puts Utardia back into play for MLK weekend.

Sorry locals. I have to buy 2 passes also though since Chestnut is an Indy. So my sympathy doesn't run all that deep.
    where are you seeing kids pricing? All I seem to find is indication of the discount.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    where are you seeing kids pricing? All I seem to find is indication of the discount.
    Under view pricing. I am on my PC not my phone fwiw.

U-Rope?

$999 for the unlimited pass. Wow.

In another couple years the duopoly will be charging $1500 per year for their passes.