Page 62 of 241 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 6010
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Love my WC 118 190s so much I was about to pull the trigger on the WC 108 190s, but these recent Deathwish posts are making me reconsider.

For those who have skied both, does the deathwish ski longer than the WC?
    I wouldn't say the DW skis "longer" just felt a little more damp and had a slightly higher speeds limit on the run outs. Both are super easy to turn, either on edge or flat. I was in a similar sitch w/ 190 Bibbys in the quiver and decided on the WC108 190. Like conventional wisdom suggests, if I had to buy one ski for Tahoe it would be the DW. Not sure that helps you any but my $.02...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    I wouldn't say the DW skis "longer" just felt a little more damp and had a slightly higher speeds limit on the run outs. Both are super easy to turn, either on edge or flat. I was in a similar sitch w/ 190 Bibbys in the quiver and decided on the WC108 190. Like conventional wisdom suggests, if I had to buy one ski for Tahoe it would be the DW. Not sure that helps you any but my $.02...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Pretty much what I’ve been told - 1 ski quiver go DW, multi ski go WC 108

I’m in CO and my daily drivers are 102 blizzard rustler 10s.

WC 108 seem to fit the middle, but it might be nice just to make the DW the daily driver and save the 118 for the double digit days.

Yeah, I mean, we all obsess over this stuff but they’re only 4mm wider underfoot.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

thoughts on the 2020 PB&J? looking for a solid all mountain freestyle ski that I can rip on groomers but also playful for natural hits and glades

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I want to make clear that the ski is very damp and not only for its weight. It doesn’t provide vibrations up your leg when skiing horrible coral reef and also has an extremely high speed limit due to the sidecut and flex.

It’s more that the combination of the light weight, rocker and stiff flex makes the ski bounce over stuff instead of being able to plow through, requiring you to keep more pressure on the ski to have it track straight in consolidated snow.
    It does really well in soft snow were the snow provides the suspension.
    This is exactly my sentiments. I ski a very centered stance and my WCs allow me to bounce and fly over the chop vs plowing through it. I A/B tested my WC108s and my ON3P Steeples which are basically just a thinner billygoat and the difference between the bouncing and the plowing was insanely noticeable. Both are fun and have their place for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    The handle brundo caught my attention since I mostly ski Brundage. I'm assuming you referenced being in Boise at some point in a past thread and I remembered that since there aren't all that many ID mags.

Regardless, the offer stands if you wanna try Wildcat 116 in 184cm or 190cm, or Wildcat 108 in 184cm. I'll be sure to have Wildcat 108 190cm demos next season too.
    Ah, I see, well nice to meet ya! And thanks for the offer. Any chance they have touring compatible soles? I only have one boot right now. Do you own a shop? Same goes for you, I've got a 193 MVP and a 192 Protest if you want to give those a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Visited the Moment factory in Sparks for the first time to demo some Commander 108s (me likey...but I think they'd ski better if they were a touch heavier). Great little shop, with boot fitters too. Free demos. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    How much heavierwould you want?
    Which length did you ski?

Isn't the 108 at 9 lbs in a 178 cm?

Just curious.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    How much heavierwould you want?
    Which length did you ski?

Isn't the 108 at 9 lbs in a 178 cm?

Just curious.
    I'm 6', 195#. Skied the 188 C108. I think another 200 grams (half-pound per ski) would probably reduce how much it gets tossed in chunkier stuff at high speeds. I didn't weigh the ski, but I think it weighs in about 2050 grams/ski in that size. Most chargers weigh about 2200-2500 in the size/shape.

That said, the ski was super fun - way stronger and more precise on groomers (IMO) than the Deathwish and PBJ, nice strong layup, and relatively stiff. Pretty solid off-piste too on hardpack, and did great on firm/"ice". Nice poppy tail despite a stiffer layup. I just prefer a heavier ski in this slot for cruddy, heavy snow. OG Cochise-heavy. This year, California is a desert, so I did not test in any 3D snow.

ETA: I played with the mount point, trying rec, +1, and +2. I liked +1 the best. Fun ski. Wouldn't be surprised if I get a pair ....someday....
    Last edited by meter-man; 02-25-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    sproing!

commander 108 in the 188 weighs in at 2250 g per the specs
    https://www.momentskis.com/products/commander-108

how was the tail, easy/hard to break loose?

I'm looking for something in the 102-108 range for my low snow ski to complement a 182 GPO for resort skiing (2 ski inbounds quiver).

commander 108 in the 188 weighs in at 2250 g per the specs
    https://www.momentskis.com/products/commander-108

how was the tail, easy/hard to break loose?

I'm looking for something in the 102-108 range for my low snow ski to complement a 182 GPO for resort skiing (2 ski inbounds quiver).
    Tail is SUPER easy to break loose, look at that taper.

love it.

I'm 6', 195#. Skied the 188 C108. I think another 200 grams (half-pound per ski) would probably reduce how much it gets tossed in chunkier stuff at high speeds. I didn't weigh the ski, but I think it weighs in about 2050 grams/ski in that size. Most chargers weigh about 2200-2500 in the size/shape.

That said, the ski was super fun - way stronger and more precise on groomers (IMO) than the Deathwish and PBJ, nice strong layup, and relatively stiff. Pretty solid off-piste too on hardpack, and did great on firm/"ice". Nice poppy tail despite a stiffer layup. I just prefer a heavier ski in this slot for cruddy, heavy snow. OG Cochise-heavy. This year, California is a desert, so I did not test in any 3D snow.

ETA: I played with the mount point, trying rec, +1, and +2. I liked +1 the best. Fun ski. Wouldn't be surprised if I get a pair ....someday....
    This years or last year's? I believe they got heavier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    This years or last year's? I believe they got heavier this year.
    HAB, looks like you're right. I did not weigh these C108s. I was going off of feel, and then read somewhere about them weighing 2050 grams (evo.com?). I was hoping they would have a bit more of a steamroller feel to them...these felt more like brawny all-mountain/freeskiing sticks than heavy metal steamrollers. Still, a great ski, and I would buy for the right price.
    sproing!

HAB, looks like you're right. I did not weigh these C108s. I was going off of feel, and then read somewhere about them weighing 2050 grams (evo.com?). I was hoping they would have a bit more of a steamroller feel to them...these felt more like brawny all-mountain/freeskiing sticks than heavy metal steamrollers. Still, a great ski, and I would buy for the right price.
    Thats the weight for the 18/19. 19/20 are about 2250 each. Respectable.

I’ve wondered a lot about the Commander 118 due to the extra mass over the 108. Also longer turn radius.

I would love to hear some feedback from people if anyone has been on both. I’ve really wondered about a Commander 118 with shifts as a heavy touring setup...

The 188 commander 108 2018/19 is probably my all time favorite ski. I could be happy skiing it in any condition any day. To those that say it’s too light, just go faster. It actually feels more stable in junky snow the faster it is skied.

Quote Originally Posted by fattips View Post
    thoughts on the 2020 PB&J? looking for a solid all mountain freestyle ski that I can rip on groomers but also playful for natural hits and glades
    Its great on groomers and natural hits in open terrain. I struggle with it in tight trees and deeper bumps. They are just so stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

for those who've skied the commander, ideally 108.
    Have you skied it in tighter spaces like slowroastin' mentions and found the stiffness to be an issue, or does the stiffness not matter so much because of the rocker/taper profile on the commander 108 contributing to a looser design?
    Last edited by hoarhey; 02-26-2020 at 07:57 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Its great on groomers and natural hits in open terrain. I struggle with it in tight trees and deeper bumps. They are just so stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I am not a park rat so I’m not sure how stiff the PBJ is versus a normal park ski, but I find it very good in tight terrain relative to the metal laminate chargers I otherwise use. I also don’t think they’re that stiff and I got one made stiffer than stock.

Agree they’re super fun on natural hits and slightly soft to very soft groomers. Don’t think they’re great in 3D snow (at least custom stiff ones aren’t) or super icy groomers.

Have you skied it in tighter spaces like slowroastin' mentions and found the stiffness to be an issue, or does the stiffness not matter so much because of the rocker/taper profile on the commander 108 contributing to a looser design?
    My first day on my 108 194s i took them down Avy Chutes at Mammoth (Avy 2, its pretty narrow and steep, bumps at the top, soft chop the rest of the way), and immediately thought, wow these are super easy to pivot and get across the fall line.

Didnt even think about the stiffness, I dont think thats a factor or an issue. It has more to do with the small radius and small effective edge (increased tip and tail taper), that make them so maneuvarable.

I found them super easy to cut loose and pivot due to their shape.

Another POV from a stormy morning in the Wasatch with the Deathwish Tours.
    The snow came in really dense with high winds, so no champagne blower. Solo backcountry tour, so no exciting terrain.
    But the DWTs did their job and made for an enjoyable morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    I am not a park rat so I’m not sure how stiff the PBJ is versus a normal park ski, but I find it very good in tight terrain relative to the metal laminate chargers I otherwise use. I also don’t think they’re that stiff and I got one made stiffer than stock.

Agree they’re super fun on natural hits and slightly soft to very soft groomers. Don’t think they’re great in 3D snow (at least custom stiff ones aren’t) or super icy groomers.
    My 2015 pb&js hand flex stiffer than my 2019 deathwishes and my wren 96s. They also feel stiffer on the snow. They are more maneuverable than the wrens by quite a bit because of the shape though. I think the pb&js are nice and quick in bumps and trees, if the long tail does get hung up on a bump on occasion.

The commander 108 excels in steep tight spaces. It pivots well and makes quick turns easily with or without speed.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    My 2015 pb&js hand flex stiffer than my 2019 deathwishes and my wren 96s. They also feel stiffer on the snow. They are more maneuverable than the wrens by quite a bit because of the shape though. I think the pb&js are nice and quick in bumps and trees, if the long tail does get hung up on a bump on occasion.
    Have never fondled a DW or a Wren, but thinking about it you're right that the PB&J is quite stiff relative to most skis. I don't think of them as being stiff because they are so maneuverable but that's a shape thing not the flex. I'm dumb.