Page 329 of 594 FirstFirst ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Yeah I'd be going custom anyway (the website offers the custom Wren in 174 at least right now?). Due to various life things I wanna reward myself with a wild Grizzlycorn build. I got some custom Praxis skis and am impressed, this seems like the next most loved brand here, so why not. But I don't really ski the resort much, hence the smaller ski. I heard there was a lighter core coming... we'll see...
    Speaking of custom and Praxis...does on3p do a custom spring sale like praxis does?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Good catch.

Yeah, Iggy was talking about them testing lighter cores again during the Blister podcast / 2020 launch last year, so perhaps 2021 will be the year eh One would think that a custom core consisting of both bamboo and some light weight wood like pawlonia could be sufficiently not sucky to be worthy of a ON3P ski. Guess we will know soon enough Exciting times
    1860g standard layup isn't awful, I'd love it lighter cuz it would be competing with a 1250g ski, but idk. Anyone know how much weight in a ski that size the current tour layup might shed? I can still do 1800'/hr and 4.5k dawn patrols pretty casually on my ~1650g Praxis Wootests, maybe I should spend the summer doing leg lifts.

Also can someone answer my embarrassing "what is straight pull" JONG question... along the base, or tip to tail in the air?

Edit: thank you (and seems the 179 is my number)
    Last edited by mall walker; 02-19-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Interesting, thanks. This is perhaps a very stupid question but what is "straight pull" Is that along the base, or from tip to tail in the air? (I can just go measure my other skis in this fashion and determine this way what length to get)

Yeah I'd be going custom anyway (the website offers the custom Wren in 174 at least right now?). Due to various life things I wanna reward myself with a wild Grizzlycorn build. I got some custom Praxis skis and am impressed, this seems like the next most loved brand here, so why not. But I don't really ski the resort much, hence the smaller ski. I heard there was a lighter core coming... we'll see...
    Take a tape measure. Hook it on the tail of the ski. Pull it straight to the tip. Not following the curve of the base. Straight line from tip to tail (so yes in the air above the topsheet). Just like if you were measuring how tall a person is, you don't follow all the curves of their body.

Yeah Iggy has mentioned testing a lighter "tour" core but I'm not anticipating seeing it in production in 20/21.

There will be a time when a 193 BG slides its way into the line up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32375666-93C2-40AB-9F48-7633D39AB3AB.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	340.6 KB 
ID:	316631  

1860g standard layup isn't awful, I'd love it lighter cuz it would be competing with a 1250g ski, but idk. Anyone know how much weight in a ski that size the current tour layup might shed? I can still do 1800'/hr and 4.5k dawn patrols pretty casually on my ~1650g Praxis Wootests, maybe I should spend the summer doing leg lifts.

Also can someone answer my embarrassing "what is straight pull" JONG question... along the base, or tip to tail in the air?

Edit: thank you (and seems the 179 is my number)
    It might be 210 grams heavier than your wootests, but you would be able to make some work of shitty snow.

Personally, I love the wren shape. I really wonder how much of its character would be lost with a tour layup around 1600g.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    There will be a time when a 193 BG slides its way into the line up.
    Great quiver. Did you pass along those 191 BG's?

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Great quiver. Did you pass along those 191 BG's?
    Yeah. Sick skis. Traded them for the Caylors. Wanted to try those out for a bit. Eventually will put a SG or BG back in the quiver.

Yeah. Sick skis. Traded them for the Caylors. Wanted to try those out for a bit. Eventually will put a SG or BG back in the quiver.
    Please let me know when you put those Caylor’s up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Those'r my old pair, right?

Glad to see them oot n aboot
    Good eye Norse. Going strong and faithful. They’ve taken me to wonderful places.

1860g standard layup isn't awful, I'd love it lighter cuz it would be competing with a 1250g ski, but idk. Anyone know how much weight in a ski that size the current tour layup might shed?
    I think it usually saves something like 100-150gr depending on the ski.

To add to the straight pull measurement method: the measuring a person analogy is apt. Personally I prefer to measure it with the ski laying flat on the floor, tails touching a wall - and then measuring from the wall to an angle device (it can be a book or whatever as long as it is higher than the splay) at a 90 degree angle from the floor touching the tip. That way splay doesn't affect the measurement (due to any angle of the tape measurer) and you get the horizontal length of the ski -> all skis will be measured the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    It might be 210 grams heavier than your wootests, but you would be able to make some work of shitty snow.
    I thought the main design criteria of the Wootest was to be able to kill it in shit snow?

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Speaking of custom and Praxis...does on3p do a custom spring sale like praxis does?
    Yes and no. Iggy offers a custom sale during summer where you save a bit - like 100-150 off, but not 50% like Keith does. Iggy's sale also makes it a bit easier for us not to screw up too badly by not offering his customers the opportunity change literally anything like Keith offers. It is still a great deal imho. It is a nice way to end with a custom ski (your choice of graphics and/or lay up) at the same or nearly the same price as stock (provided you do not change everything or go veneer). If you change everything things get a bit expensive quickly, but such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Please let me know when you put those Caylor’s up for sale.
    Sorry man, these Caylors will be headed back to Iggy when I've had my turn.

If anyone had a 116 Woodsman or Super Goat in 190+ I could try, I'd buy you some beers. Already like BGs. Deciding which 116ish ski would be my next...

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I thought the main design criteria of the Wootest was to be able to kill it in shit snow?
    The Woos are great in bad snow, I actually want the Wrens for a heavy couloir ski...

Only reason I sold them was to get the SG and I couldn't be happier. Glad you liked them. My SG's are mounted at 326 if that works and you're ever around the SLC area.

Does anyone know the tip rocker heights of C&Ds and Billy Goats? And how far back does the rocker start? There are profile pics on the interwebs, but no numbers that I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Gate11 View Post
    Does anyone know the tip rocker heights of C&Ds and Billy Goats? And how far back does the rocker start? There are profile pics on the interwebs, but no numbers that I can find.
    They intentionally do not publish numbers.

The correct answer is, they have the right amount of rocker.

New ski day Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2086.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	316695

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Skied 50cm of cream cheese today, in pretty low visibility. Deep tracks cutting back and forth

186 BGs reigned supreme. While everybody else were flailing, I had one of my best days all year

Goat Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Goat Cheese
    Chèvre spread

You may want to rethink those boots. They look a little drafty.

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    New ski day Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2086.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	316695

Quote Originally Posted by Gate11 View Post
    You may want to rethink those boots. They look a little drafty.
    I don’t mind the cold

Also, considering the glide bike, you’re obviously much more of an advanced skier. NTTAWWT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Also, considering the glide bike, you’re obviously much more of an advanced skier. NTTAWWT

I don’t even have to pedal my bike

Badass

If anyone had a 116 Woodsman or Super Goat in 190+ I could try, I'd buy you some beers. Already like BGs. Deciding which 116ish ski would be my next...
    I'm curious as well regarding 116 Woodsman vs. Billy Goat.

Anyone skied both?

Which one would be better for a place like Grand Targhee?

Looking to buy my first ON3P ski and I'm down to 116 Woodsman v. BG.

6', 210 pounds (plus or minus). DD is 2017 Volkl Mantra.