Page 308 of 465 FirstFirst ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    I'm not stuck on 70/40, but what's the strategy behind allowing one stoplight in Empire to cause 40 to back up to the summit of BP? Is it just stupid small town BS? Or is CDOT on board with this to keep the backup upstream of the 70/40 merge?
    Looks like it’s backed up almost to WP today, based on Google Maps. And 6 is backed up past A-Basin, and 70 is backed up everywhere. Jesus.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Looks like it’s backed up almost to WP today, based on Google Maps. And 6 is backed up past A-Basin, and 70 is backed up everywhere. Jesus.
    Now 6 is backed up to almost Keystone. Whew!

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I’ll be heading back to Denver from Steamboat next Sunday. Do I:

A) Ski half a day then drive back via 40/9/70

B) Ski half a day then drive back via 40/70

C) Ski half a day and head back over Cameron Pass

D) Fuck the extra skiing and get the fuck in front of traffic

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

Depends on if it storms Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I bet if you left tomorrow you could beat traffic.

It took me one hour to get to Mary Jane this morning, smooth sailing. It took me a solid hour just to get from the top of Berthoud Pass through Empire coming back, then smooth sailing after that. Ridiculous, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    It took me one hour to get to Mary Jane this morning, smooth sailing. It took me a solid hour just to get from the top of Berthoud Pass through Empire coming back, then smooth sailing after that. Ridiculous, indeed.
    All because of that stupid light? Come on Empire!!

Solid cars heading over LL pass since like 12:30 today till when we left at 4. Just dumb.

I'm about to brave 70 and the tunnel. Wish me luck.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You should be late enough. Right? Right?!?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You're so screwed.

Done this many times. We ski till the bell (well, boat whistle in this case), then head out of town at 4:30. 3:30 is early for us.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    You should be late enough. Right? Right?!?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You're so screwed.
    Not late enough, looks like an extra hour. But we have to get home so what are ya gonna do?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And yes, I'm posting while driving. You can do that when you're going 5mph

Not late enough, looks like an extra hour. But we have to get home so what are ya gonna do?
    $7 for the express lane!

People were driving like complete shitbags this whole weekend, glad to see their tail lights on I70. Buh bye!

(not aimed at Danno)

Hopefully you picked up some mellies to flip on the TGR's.

Why don't more people quit this shit? Please people. Just stop. Help clear the roads.

Chase Epic to the East

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Why don't more people quit this shit? Please people. Just stop. Help clear the roads.

Chase Epic to the East
    Yeah, Vail should put a ski area in Limon.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    So, this is a normal Sunday afternoon, I take it? Love the folks driving the right shoulder!Attachment 312444

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Never go north of 50

Empire has been that way for decades. If they completely eliminated the stoplight, locals would never be able to cross, it would back up from i70 through the town on a lot of days. They could consider building more amenities and a bridge over the highway but I think they’re constricted by not enough clean water or something. The water part is second hand info, feel free to dish the real scoop. 20,000 cars rolling through town a few dozen days a year and they’re not booming why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Empire has been that way for decades. If they completely eliminated the stoplight, locals would never be able to cross, it would back up from i70 through the town on a lot of days. They could consider building more amenities and a bridge over the highway but I think they’re constricted by not enough clean water or something. The water part is second hand info, feel free to dish the real scoop. 20,000 cars rolling through town a few dozen days a year and they’re not booming why?
    They make these really cool devices where pedestrians push a button and the light gives them a walk signal, but otherwise allows cars to proceed unimpeded. Maybe you've seen such a device in the wild?

And I'm home. It could have been worse, could have been better. Probably took us 3 hours from Leadville, with an hour stop for Mexican in Frisco to see if traffic lightened up (it didn't, but the food was good).

Although you can walk across Empire I presume some of them have motor vehicles. But what’s your solution, free flowing through the middle of town? 30 mph? 60 mph? I mean I don’t really care I don’t live there and don’t ski there much, just curious.

More curious why empire isn’t booming. They could have a lot more burger and taco shacks. Affordable gasoline compelling people to stop? I mean I haven’t tried to build a highway-town but some towns seems to manage pretty well. For as long as Empire has had that traffic they don’t seem to be capitalizing much.

I'm not certain but I think it's been discussed here in the past but I believe the gist of it is that some Empire locals don't want to capitalize on the traffic.

I can envision that and the fact they likely have some very old roots. Wonder what the kids (now adults) want.
    Can’t temember where I heard the water thing, here probably.
    PMcPoser worked on the mine nearby might have been from him.

Paging Foggy, you gave us the Berthoud backstory, what’s up with Empire?