Page 305 of 465 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Stop telling people that it is possible to get to Winter Park.

If anyone asks, Berthoud Pass has no guard rails and it has a population explosion of Siberian tigers that regularly eat stranded motorists.
    so true, thank you for the update. back ups on berthoud suck, avalanche conditions!

If you were stuck on I70 yesterday, you need to get your head checked. Everyone saw this shit coming.

It’s impossible to get to Winter Park. I particularly liked the semi in the middle of the first switchback up that stopped without pulling over to put chains on.

It took 6 hours for thousands of people to go 70 miles, to ski 3” of new snow. Epikonic!

Once again I’ll ask - how do people go skiing with young kids? Still 1:45 to Loveland at 1:15pm Saturday afternoon.... What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Once again I’ll ask - how do people go skiing with young kids? Still 1:45 to Loveland at 1:15pm Saturday afternoon.... What a joke.

Late shift at WP or Eldora (no tunnel) have dinner or movie if there's traffic. Random hotels/friends. Occasionally I'll call them in sick to school. They have 12 days so far, tomorrow will be 13, and we have managed to avoid traffic for the most part.

Also, dad stops in the trees a lot. So I dont care as long as they are having fun.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

”dad stops in the trees a lot", lol.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Late shift at WP or Eldora (no tunnel) have dinner or movie if there's traffic. Random hotels/friends. Occasionally I'll call them in sick to school. They have 12 days so far, tomorrow will be 13, and we have managed to avoid traffic for the most part.

Also, dad stops in the trees a lot. So I dont care as long as they are having fun.
    Just did this today. Got slopeside parking at Eldora at noon, skied with my kid till 4. Having coffee at Salto. Wish there were more smaller mountain off I70 because half (or more) of the traffic are beginners who really don’t need to be going to the big mountains.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 01-18-2020 at 04:50 PM.

I was fully ready to do battle today after what the roads looked like last night. I left my place at 5:15 am since I was sketched out by what traffic looked like last night and figured many bailed and decided to come this am.

I was making good time, traffic was fine so I stopped at Carl’s JR to get some breakfast food. I was too early and they were not open. Gah!

Make it to the Utah Junction lot at 6:45 and read a book. I was on the Challenger chair at 8:27. I hardly waited in line. Skied my ass of until 12:45. Pulled out of the lot at 12:55 and was home at 2:18. I hardly waited in line today, a holiday weekend with a bit of new snow. I didn’t mess with Pano, super gauge or the WP side once. Eagle Wind got a line, but I just went the back way and made pairs triples and waited about four chairs to join a group.

I had a fantastic day. However, my wife forgot to get the steak out of the freezer and we have company coming. I have that to deal with.

I suppose if you left the front range “early” at 6:15 am and had to always ride a lift all day with your three intermediate buddies and definitely had to have the Pano goods and then because you stood in lines a ton of the time, which made you not leave till 3:15 today and now you are stuck in what’s relatively moderate traffic you might not think today was not too awesome. HOWEVER, if you were on your game and snapped a pic or two and posted it to Social media and snagged 16 likes from your friends and family from not Colorado you just might be feeling good about yourself and it was all worth it.

16 likes?! Slow down girlfriend!

Skiing is always fun. Driving isn't

Witnessed this amazing display of Jerry today. Literally speechless. Moron!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5432.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	751.3 KB 
ID:	311390

wolfelot its just further evidence of how i do not understand the crowds one bit anymore. copper was over 16,000 people yesterday and i heard lift lines weren't even that bad and that was from friends riding intermediate trails. I have been there on like 12,000 people days when lift lines have seemed unbearable. then there are the fresh snow days where traffic is just slammed around silverthorne all afternoon, like why aren't you on the hill? i don't understand what people do around here! I'm rambling but this shit just makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    wolfelot its just further evidence of how i do not understand the crowds one bit anymore. copper was over 16,000 people yesterday and i heard lift lines weren't even that bad and that was from friends riding intermediate trails. I have been there on like 12,000 people days when lift lines have seemed unbearable. then there are the fresh snow days where traffic is just slammed around silverthorne all afternoon, like why aren't you on the hill? i don't understand what people do around here! I'm rambling but this shit just makes no sense.
    How does one figure out or hear of estimates of how many people are on the mtn on any given day. Do employees know and it filters out?

Someone asked how parents do it with small kids and the roads. It’s not easy and you really need to think ahead. Staying up here is much better. I wasn’t scorned yesterday and felt up to it so I brought my 4-year-old daughter to WP. I got her up an hour early and she is currently in great spirits. I’m sitting in my car by the Cabriolet now and will be gone by noon. Left my house at 6:01 and made it in 1:35. My guess of Sunday’s being a bit better as far as departure times just barely panned out. 10 min later and I bet I’d be regretting this. Hopefully a pre-12:00 return will be fine.

PM me if you have small kids and are skiing at WP today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5495.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	311410

My friend is the manager of lift ops at copper and I used to work there

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    How does one figure out or hear of estimates of how many people are on the mtn on any given day. Do employees know and that filters out?
    Pretty much. Heard today is supposed to be 16K at Copper, biggest ever by 1K. I'm guessing that the lifelines are mitigated by the two new lifts installed last year, plus the Super B. I mean, what other resort has 3 high speed 6 packs from the base? If you have big lift lines with that setup, the hill has gotta be crazy. Copper is a good mountain though, really spreads skiers out.

Current traffic into Copper: red / maroon line from Officer’s Gulch to parking lot. That’s gotta suck. Is Copper becoming the new Breck?

^^^ yes
    everyone thinks they have it figured out breck is a zoo so you goto copper or wp

You leave friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning

Eldora used to be a peaceful place to ski on the weekends 20 years ago. ..........

Problem is everyone is doing the same thing or thinks they have it figured out

the good thing is it's not about skiing anymore, its about going to the mountains hanging out posing and pretending to ski but mostly buying expesive shitty food and drinks

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ^^^ yes
    everyone thinks they have it figured out breck is a zoo so you goto copper or wp

You leave friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning

Eldora used to be a peaceful place to ski on the weekends 20 years ago. ..........

Problem is everyone is doing the same thing or thinks they have it figured out

the good thing is it's not about skiing anymore, its about going to the mountains hanging out posing and pretending to ski but mostly buying expesive shitty food and drinks
    Meanwhile ABasin pass holders sitting over here in the corner with Ikon blacked out like "What you guys crying about? What crowds?"

Suckers. Keep skiing the flat assed megaresorts with 16K of your closest friends.

Jeezus. Crested Butte had 3,400 yesterday. 16K, fuck that, even with more lifts.

I’m sure 15k were at Center Village and American Flyer lift. Back Bowls and Tucker are empty I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Meanwhile ABasin pass holders sitting over here in the corner with Ikon blacked out like "What you guys crying about? What crowds?"
    yeah so like next season everyone buys a basin passes because they hear about how quiet and fun it is this season
    then they look around and wonder why its such a shit show 20-21
    like they are the only people knew it was mellow, those days are over thanks to the internet
    I remember calling the snow phone when I got here, no internet no snow stake web cams

I hear Vail isn’t crowded anymore so there’s that.

Went by at least 100 cars trucks in the ditch from Iowa to Lincoln, NE but made it to Kearney mostly on time. Saturday afternoon at 230 ish it was still stop and go 30 mph from Idaho Springs to the tunnel.

Rolled into Copper this morning at 8:10 in the Ikonic Midwestern Family Gaper Wagon with zero I70 hassle. Took about 15 minutes to get parked...no big deal. Zero Superbee line early. Maybe 10 minute lines on Tucker. We did a bunch of killer laps up high. Snow was really good. If someone went and didn't have fun at Copper today it is there fault.

I dunno. You guys make Colorado sound worse than it is. Hardest part is deciding on what ski to ski when it is soft up high and hard down low. But fuck that road. For sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

^^ this is the bitch thread, you’re doing it wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    yeah so like next season everyone buys a basin passes because they hear about how quiet and fun it is this season
    then they look around and wonder why its such a shit show 20-21
    like they are the only people knew it was mellow, those days are over thanks to the internet
    I remember calling the snow phone when I got here, no internet no snow stake web cams
    Really feels like it’s their current marketing strategy to show it is a quiet alternative.